Ernest Jones Traded to Titans (Titans Now Trading Him to Seattle)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead's track record may be even worse. :woozy2:
Sorry I missed your blue font because there is no way in hell you can honestly say this trade is anywhere as bad as anything Snead has done.

Two first round picks a 3rd round pick and a player. You're fooling yourself but nobody else. And then they signed him to a 4 year $70 million contract which he played 34 games in 4 years before they cut him not even traded they cut him!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I base my opinion off of McVay's presser. He confirmed that Jones wasnt holding out etc. The dude just wanted a new contract, which is what he should have asked for. Either way, the 2 times traded is no indication of any character issue. He's in the last year of his deal and will be a UFA. It was a smart move by Tennessee to get something for him (especially since they paid next to nothing to get him)
If he's worth a 4th rounder & a decent player now, he certainly should have garnered more than what the Rams got when they traded him. I wouldnt want any other GM/HC tandem than our 2 guys. Period, end, stop. But that doesnt mean they dont make mistakes

I thought the general consensus was that McVay spouts a lot of BS in his pressers.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But when a player gets moved twice that quickly, there's a reason. My guess is that either Jones was not the player they thought they were getting or there is something going on behind the scenes with him. I guess we'll know soon as we still have to play the shit chickens twice this season.
Seahawks probably wanted more physicality on the interior of that defensive front. Jones is a quality player within those tackles.

What really sucks about this move is he's gonna play his ass off vs the Rams.

I had no idea E Jones was so popular among fans until he was gone
Yeah he's so overrated in electronic Ramsdom it ain't funny. Dude had a beast of a game for Tennessee then trended straight to who he is. Which is a limited range thumper. He's a throwback backer and that is something you don't pay in today's league.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's admittedly frustrating. There has to be something behind the scenes because trading Ernest Jones when you could've possibly gotten a fourth-round compensatory pick in 2026 (which is basically higher than what we got from the Titans), supposedly because you had linebackers behind him (Speights), and the linebacker behind him doesn't even see the field on the defense for two extremely awful linebackers...and now the Titans got a fourth round pick and a serviceable linebacker in that trade.

Just so damned frustrating to see. I get doing right by the player, but you can't tell me we couldn't have fleeced a fourth, if we absolutely had to trade him.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
As posters earlier alluded to, when a starting-level player, is traded twice in less than a 2-month span, in his walk year, it has to raise questions.

Also, when one of the trading teams says the player was having difficulty learning a new scheme, it might also mean that the player is going to have difficulty learning a third different scheme in less than a 3-month span.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As posters earlier alluded to, when a starting-level player, is traded twice in less than a 2-month span, in his walk year, it has to raise questions.

Also, when one of the trading teams says the player was having difficulty learning a new scheme, it might also mean that the player is going to have difficulty learning a third different scheme in less than a 3-month span.

Then again ,if you look at what the Hags gave up & where he went.I’d say The Rams aren’t happy with this trade at ALL !!

If you think so then that’s fine ? I don’t see if that way.The Rams traded a starting LB basically instead of cutting him.They also did it last minute,meaning The WORST TIME possible!!!

I wonder how much he knows about SEAN MCVAYS offense & what kind of REVENGE (motivation)
he has towards The Rams ?

Say what you will.It’s not good for The Rams IMO though.

El Chapo Jr

Legend
And I've answered that reasonable question many times. Read, posted in this thread, some of Andrew Whitworth's comments regarding Jones and why the Rams traded him. He makes it sound like the Rams needed to get rid of him because of his attitude and how he handled everything in camp this year.

Now Titans also gave up on him early in the season and found a GM who actually is shitty at trades.

Now what I think is a reasonable question back at you. Is Ernest Jones more valuable than DeAndre Hopkins? He just got a hell of a lot more back in a trade than Hopkins did. The difference? Kansas City has a very good GM and Seattle does not. IMO that comparison of GM's is backed up by a hell of a lot of data.
My question is why is Snead so bad at finding these said shitty GMs to make deals with?

El Chapo Jr

Legend
I had no idea E Jones was so popular among fans until he was gone
Only popular cuz we got shafted in trading him, but it is what it is. One of these days, Snead will find that shitty GM out there to get over on in a trade. When he does, I'm celebrating like it's New Year's eve in 1999 hahaha

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Trading Jones for a packet of peanuts was a terrible trade period. This rubs salt in the wounds! I hope we torch his arse!
Yeah - because this could look BAD if he plays at an All- PRo Level the way Mcvay use to talk about EJ53 & his LEADERSHIP!! I can still feel the smoke blown up my AZZ!!!

Payton Wilson is a player The Rams could have drafted instead of Kichens for those peanuts.The trade really hurts really because the LBer position wasn’t filled correctly.

Tried to not vent or make negative on this,but now having EJ53 in the division hurts.Like you said the The Rams torch him.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Troy Reeder OUT for Vikings…. Should I feel bad for being ok with that? Will it be Speights? Who wears the green dot???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He's an above average ILB. Disappointing we traded him for less than his apparent market value.

You of all people Jrry32, I agree & yeah had 2 LBers I thought The Rams should have tried to draft.

Payton Wilson is a player I will cheer for in a weird sense. Reed Humphries has won 2 Superbowls in 3 seasons.I always look at Best Player available at a position of need.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Troy Reeder OUT for Vikings…. Should I feel bad for being ok with that? Will it be Speights? Who wears the green dot???

Well let’s see what happens. What it shows is how bad this EJ53 trade is if Speights doesn’t preform well at all.