Ernest Jones Traded to Titans (Titans Now Trading Him to Seattle)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If he's worth a 4th rounder & a decent player now, he certainly should have garnered more than what the Rams got when they traded him. I wouldnt want any other GM/HC tandem than our 2 guys. Period, end, stop. But that doesnt mean they dont make mistakes

THIS is all we are saying. Although the lack of apostrophes is a little disappointing.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Couldnt be further from the truth but whatevs
Titans suck, will continue to suck, but made a smart move.
And how do you know this?

He was a problem at USC during college and I DO know this....
So, we will ignore the fact that Tennessee just added a fourth round pick for their 2nd best ILB who will be a free agent in a few months; and, otherwise would have left the Titians with no compensation.

OK

The Clubhouse Cancer may be true but its merely speculation.
He wasnt very well liked in Columbia. Related? Maybe, maybe not....im moving on.....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Titans signed Kenneth Murray this past off-season and he has been their #1 ILB,
They did the EJ trade anyway. It seems they planned on at least using him for the season.

Seattle needed a MLB/ILB and the bonus was probably that EJ was VERY familiar with Shula.

It could very easily be that Sheattle offered them too good of a deal to turn down. You know for sure that deal wasn't happening between the shecocks and the Rams.

So the Titans got better value. It happens.

I have to say that I'm going to be curious to see how EJ plays against us with what should clearly be extreme incentive.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, I base my opinion off of McVay's presser. He confirmed that Jones wasnt holding out etc. The dude just wanted a new contract, which is what he should have asked for. Either way, the 2 times traded is no indication of any character issue. He's in the last year of his deal and will be a UFA. It was a smart move by Tennessee to get something for him (especially since they paid next to nothing to get him)
If he's worth a 4th rounder & a decent player now, he certainly should have garnered more than what the Rams got when they traded him. I wouldnt want any other GM/HC tandem than our 2 guys. Period, end, stop. But that doesnt mean they dont make mistakes
And I'm not saying they don't make mistakes. But it could also be a case where they felt the need to get it over with. We all can agree that Seattle wouldn't have been in any kind of trade picture with us. And being that we are only a couple games back with two head to head match ups, it makes perfect sense that Sheattle would up the ante to get our former green dot.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Tough one to swallow. Titans got a LOT more then we did and he is now at a hated rival. Hell, the LB Sheattle gave them would be far and away our best MLB PLUS a 4th rounder. Chalk this one up to a bad trade for Snead.

Results:
We got: 6th round pick swap
They got: Starting MLB and a 4th

Ugh.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Tough one to swallow. Titans got a LOT more then we did and he is now at a hated rival. Hell, the LB Sheattle gave them would be far and away our best MLB PLUS a 4th rounder. Chalk this one up to a bad trade for Snead.

Results:
We got: 6th round pick swap
They got: Starting MLB and a 4th

Ugh.
Careful, if you criticize anything McSnead does, people here will accuse you of not being a real fan of the team.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
If you're gonna preach "We Not Me" there will be times you must enforce it.
Goff seems like the farthest thing in the world to a me guy, I think Goff was too laid back for McVay,no urgency and didn't have that fire in his belly

Last edited:

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Snead's track record may be even worse. :woozy2:
Matt Stafford Sport GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well I think they clearly overpaid. They gave a starting MLB for a starting MLB and a 4th rounder. That said, they will probably resign him and he'll go into the ring of honor...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Have you guys actually considered that Seattle is dumb and is overcompensating?

Remember when they got a certain Safety named Adams?
Yes, although the question remains why didn’t we knock on that door or call the other teams very capable of making questionable deals.

Maybe we did maybe we didn’t but it still appears the Titans were able to sell the same product for more compensation and that is a bit of a bummer in any light.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK to both points but the Russell Wilson trade to Denver kind of disputes the 2nd point a little bit.

Simple Question:
At this point in time, with what we know (not much about the Why on trading Jones before the Season),
How do the Rams' Decision Makers look with regard to the Ernest Jones matter?

I think it's a reasonable question; and, it's reasonable for me to offer my opinion first.
I think the Rams Decision Makers look incompetent on this one.
And I've answered that reasonable question many times. Read, posted in this thread, some of Andrew Whitworth's comments regarding Jones and why the Rams traded him. He makes it sound like the Rams needed to get rid of him because of his attitude and how he handled everything in camp this year.

Now Titans also gave up on him early in the season and found a GM who actually is shitty at trades.

Now what I think is a reasonable question back at you. Is Ernest Jones more valuable than DeAndre Hopkins? He just got a hell of a lot more back in a trade than Hopkins did. The difference? Kansas City has a very good GM and Seattle does not. IMO that comparison of GM's is backed up by a hell of a lot of data.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couldnt be further from the truth but whatevs
Titans suck, will continue to suck, but made a smart move.
It's very accurate according to a guy who absolutely wasn't a problem in Andrew Whitworth, cancer may be harsh but it's not far from the truth per Big Whit.