Ernest Jones Traded to Titans (Titans Now Trading Him to Seattle)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Agree on #1; and, to be fair, I have posted several times with regard to the Rams giving Jones away that I like Snead a lot and would not want any other head coach over Sean McVay.

On #2 ... this was not a 'slip-up'. This was more like walking across the street with your head up-your-ass and falling down a Man-Hole into the sewer.
How dare you change my post!

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
This bum knee reasoning makes zero sense to have traded him when he was willing to play under his contract and when he's not showing signs of a bum knee with the Titans. What I know is that Jones is way better than our sorry ass LB corps right now. We could have simply kept him and let him walk after the season. I'm not worried that they didn't sign him long term but find it utterly stupid to have him under a very affordable cap hit and to trade him when our LB depth behind him is garbage. Assuming he would be on IR is just funny. I get that we are beat up beyond imagination but that unfortunately is unknown. The way this year has gone, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case but once again can't assume. Not going to dispute with you the other parts of the defense definitely need work. All around our defense looks like shit in it's totality. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure out that issue and have the right players on the field to carry out their plan.
like Goff and Gurley, he got on Mcvay's shit list. once there you are gone.

DzRams

Starter
Name
Desmal M
If you're gonna preach "We Not Me" there will be times you must enforce it.
Agreed. My only issue is, do you have to enforce it so fast and so aggressively that you destroy all trade value? McSnead is extremely aggressive, impatient, and dare I say, impulsive. They've made some great moves with that approach but sometimes it hurts them too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Clubhouse cancer, you don't get traded from 2 clubs within a few months if something aint going on behind the scenes here.....

So, we will ignore the fact that Tennessee just added a fourth round pick for their 2nd best ILB who will be a free agent in a few months; and, otherwise would have left the Titians with no compensation.

OK

The Clubhouse Cancer may be true but its merely speculation.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Couldnt be further from the truth but whatevs
Titans suck, will continue to suck, but made a smart move.
You don't really know this though. There are many ways a player can be viewed as a cancer by a coaching staff or front office.

We also only know EJ's version of what went down.

But when a player gets moved twice that quickly, there's a reason. My guess is that either Jones was not the player they thought they were getting or there is something going on behind the scenes with him. I guess we'll know soon as we still have to play the shit chickens twice this season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, we will ignore the fact that Tennessee just added a fourth round pick for their 2nd best ILB who will be a free agent in a few months; and, otherwise would have left the Titians with no compensation.

OK

The Clubhouse Cancer may be true but its merely speculation.
Wrong side of the bed this morning? You seem to be a little edgy today.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You don't really know this though. There are many ways a player can be viewed as a cancer by a coaching staff or front office.

But when a player gets moved twice that quickly, there's a reason. My guess is that either Jones was not the player they thought they were getting or there is something going on behind the scenes with him. I guess we'll know soon as we still have to play the shit chickens twice this season.
How about the one-win-Titans decided they were not going to re-sign Jones in a few months; and decided to get real value for a player they otherwise would have lost via free agency, without any return.

The Titans signed Kenneth Murray this past off-season and he has been their #1 ILB, so maybe they decided not to spend more free agent money at the position. Also, the Titans are scheduled to have $72M of cap space this off-season. That makes them likely buyers; and, under the compensatory pick formula, unlikely to receive any comp picks in 2026 for free agency results in 2025.

Tennessee got good value ... the Rams did not; and are playing two sub-par-ILBs (In My Opinion).

As I mentioned in another response, the 'cancer' thing could be real but it's just speculation.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wrong side of the bed this morning? You seem to be a little edgy today.

I actually did not sleep well ... How did you know?!?
1729708808960.png

Seriously though, I absolutely hated the Ernest Jones trade two months ago; and had a number of posts expressing that opinion. Furthermore, every time I watch Troy Reeder and Christian Rozeboom fail to impress ... which is most every quarter of every game thus far ... I think of the Jones-Give-Away, and get more frustrated. Finally, the fact that Tennessee received so much more value two months later, just enrages me.

Maybe it's time for a nap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I actually did not sleep well ... How did you know?!? View attachment 68099

Seriously though, I absolutely hated the Ernest Jones trade two months ago; and had a number of posts expressing that opinion. Furthermore, every time I watch Troy Reeder and Christian Rozeboom fail to impress ... which is most every quarter of every game thus far ... I think of the Jones-Give-Away, and get more frustrated. Finally, the fact that Tennessee received so much more value two months later, just enrages me.

Maybe it's time for a nap.
Yeah damn it. Take a nap. I need my daily fix of fun A2Mc. This other guy is harshing my mellow. :biggrin:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
In the case, one Jeffrey Simmons please.
Teams are probably calling about him, doubt the Rams are buyers though. Simmons is playing well and under contract until 2028, will probably take a good amount of compensation.

Both Jones and Dhop were upcoming FAs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, I base my opinion off of McVay's presser. He confirmed that Jones wasnt holding out etc. The dude just wanted a new contract, which is what he should have asked for. Either way, the 2 times traded is no indication of any character issue. He's in the last year of his deal and will be a UFA. It was a smart move by Tennessee to get something for him (especially since they paid next to nothing to get him)
If he's worth a 4th rounder & a decent player now, he certainly should have garnered more than what the Rams got when they traded him. I wouldnt want any other GM/HC tandem than our 2 guys. Period, end, stop. But that doesnt mean they dont make mistakes