Eagles trade with Browns to move up to #2 overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Best thing about this trade is the 9ers won't get goff or wentz

:cheers:

So are the Eagles considering Trading Bradford? Or do they go into camp with Bradford/Daniel/rookie? Thats a lot of moolah committed to that position.

I think the Eagles are a cluster F. Pretty big money for Bradford and Daniels and now trading all those picks to get a QB.
Why not save your money and just make the trade up to begin with.

They may not trust Bradfords knee long term. Plus they have a long ways to go before they are actually good. Sam could be using a walker by then. But, they can afford to sit Wentz and play Sam this year. The guy that should be put out is Chase Daniel. There goes his chance to start. He probably could have signed with Denver and started.

I'm still holding out for Wentz...

Could be Eagles locking down Elliot, just ahead of Cowboys.. Or they could be content with Goff too..

Its a stretch, but anything's possible!

Nobody would give up that much for a runningback......except maybe Mike Ditka

Thing is, you can't win the big game in this league without one.

Thing is the Eagles are not a very good team right now. They just gave up a bunch of picks and two starters to move up for a QB. Meanwhile they are short on weapons, including RB. Plus their Defense is not good. In contrast the Rams only need a pass catcher or two. They can fill their needs with backups because they have some damn good backups. For the Rams the time is now. For the Eagles the time is a few more years away and without draft picks they are going to have to rely on free agency to build the team.....not a good way to do it.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Howie Roseman just said that he is comfortable taking either QB--that they looked ahead to future QB market BUT he said they are VERY sure they are going to get the player they want--and that is Wentz(according the local buzz). They HAVE to really believe that. He also said Bradford is the starter for right now.

Someone asked him how he knew and he said"You are going to have to be Inspector Clouseu and connect the dots."

It's pretty obvious they are VERY sure the Rams are taking Goff.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Howie was just asked if they talked to the Rams. He said, "We have a good relationship with the Rams."

I'm telling you they know.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade the #1 to the Eagles for Ertz so they can get thier guy and take the QB that's left .

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Honestly it looks EXACTLY like that to me.

Actually, it looks like the exact opposite. See news quotes, below.

Ira Miller, San Francisco Chronicle writer, in an April 10, 2010 story: Alex Smith has more size, may be the better athlete and—scouts love this word—is said to have a bigger “upside.” Rodgers has a certain air of confidence about him, a good thing for a quarterback who will be drafted by a bad team. Smith is considered more cerebral.

Anonymous NFC scout, quoted in an April 19, 2005 Green Bay Press-Gazette story: I just think Aaron's the product of being on a good team. … I see Utah winning because of Alex Smith. He's the one that does it. I don't think Cal was winning because of Aaron Rodgers. He contributes to it, but I don't think he's the team.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
hope not....keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't think this move telegraphs what the Rams are doing at all. I've heard rumors from Cleveland that they liked Wentz better than Goff because of Goff's "small" hands, thinking he wouldn't be good in bad weather. But I've heard rumors the other way too, that they liked Goff better.

Those reading this move by Cleveland and Philly as the Rams going one way or another is pure projection of their own fears/hopes on the Rams decision.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not only will the 49ers won't get either of the 2 QBs, neither will Dallas.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Thing is the Eagles are not a very good team right now. They just gave up a bunch of picks and two starters to move up for a QB. Meanwhile they are short on weapons, including RB. Plus their Defense is not good. In contrast the Rams only need a pass catcher or two. They can fill their needs with backups because they have some damn good backups. For the Rams the time is now. For the Eagles the time is a few more years away and without draft picks they are going to have to rely on free agency to build the team.....not a good way to do it.[/QUOTE]

I hear you but I think the reality is, you can have a very good team, a great team at every position but QB and I think things have to still break JUST RIGHT to win a championship. It's QB or die in this league now.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
So are the Eagles considering Trading Bradford? Or do they go into camp with Bradford/Daniel/rookie? Thats a lot of moolah committed to that position.

Howie Roseman quoted that Sam Bradford is the starter.He also said that he has a very good relationship with the Rams. He must know they are taking Goff. The coveted Wentz.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
maxresdefault (1).jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
eagles-fan-728x400.png

Psycho_X

Legend
Craziness this is... two trades like this for top two picks this long before the draft? But yes, emphasize the first page that I'm just glad the Whiners don't get one now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to add in what they gave up to move from 13 to 8 also. IMO they gave up a ton to move up and draft their third QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Philly radio convinced this move is for Wentz. They must be pretty sure the Rams are taking Goff.

Fish and Snead are trollin HARD. Wentz is their guy. I'm as sure of it as I can be with those two.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm hoping the cowgirls draft P. Lynch and he becomes the next Lamarcus Russell.

I suspect Lynch is going to go 7 to the whiners. Chip doesn't need a guy to be ready for a pro offense, and will be able to simplify the scheme and reads for him.