Draft - Day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Was this a good draft day, bad, or WTH???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Here is our HEALTHY week 1-8 running back. One who already has a year under his belt. Shame we couldn't get him some help in front of him.

B4E4ZjKCMAAP5KV.jpg:large

Good cutback behind that great block from an OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Here is our HEALTHY week 1-8 running back. One who already has a year under his belt. Shame we couldn't get him some help in front of him.

B4E4ZjKCMAAP5KV.jpg:large

Good cutback behind that great block from an OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.

Corey Harkey making a nice block there as well. Underrated player.

Edit : Check Greg Robinson's pancake as well. He absolutely finished his man.

Gurley and Mason are going to terrorize defences in this league for years to come - but we do need to fix the offensive line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weren't 2 of Carrolls first 3 picks since taking over offensive linemen? In the first round? Okung and someone ?

Edit: Carpenter?

Ah. So being stuck in the 90s only matters if they didn't draft the guy you wanted. It's not about the actual team philosophy. You just aren't happy with the picks.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many rounds are completed on day 1 please?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many rounds are completed on day 1 please?

Just the first.

I miss the days when the draft was on Saturday and Sunday. Get up in the morning, fix breakfast and lots of caffeine and start frantically following the draft all day long, flipping channels and having a dozen websites up between my desktop and laptop computers.

NFL made less on the broadcast, though.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thought so, thanks for confirming.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ah. So being stuck in the 90s only matters if they didn't draft the guy you wanted. It's not about the actual team philosophy. You just aren't happy with the picks.

What exactly is the team philosophy here? Keep continuing to take heavy gambles on injury prone players, and watch them not pan out?

There's absolutely no logical reasoning for the pick. Talent aside. I'm looking at it every which way possible. It's dumb. You're not a team in position to take a gamble like this. He's had an ankle and a acl, he won't start till mid season, and he's a fucking running back in 2015.

The team is built to win now. You have a very fine running back in Mason and decent backups who both can pick up a blitz. This is a major setback in my eyes. I know we have different opinions, and that's fine, but I think we just wasted a top 10 pick on an injury prone project.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What exactly is the team philosophy here? Keep continuing to take heavy gambles on injury prone players, and watch them not pan out?

There's absolutely no logical reasoning for the pick. Talent aside. I'm looking at it every which way possible. It's dumb. You're not a team in position to take a gamble like this. He's had an ankle and a acl, he won't start till mid season, and he's a freaking running back in 2015.

The team is built to win now. You have a very fine running back in Mason and decent backups who both can pick up a blitz. This is a major setback in my eyes. I know we have different opinions, and that's fine, but I think we just wasted a top 10 pick on an injury prone project.

The team philosophy? It's the same philosophy it's always been with Jeff Fisher. Don't even act like him wanting a top tier HB is any surprise.

He won't start till mid season? Where do you get your inside information from? What's your NFL source?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Quick question: Anyone notice the gold lettering on the Rams uniform when Gurley held up our jersey? Is that just for the draft because of the whole 50 thing and will the lettering remain gold the entire year?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

There's absolutely no logical reasoning for the pick. Talent aside. I'm looking at it every which way possible. It's dumb. You're not a team in position to take a gamble like this. He's had an ankle and a acl, he won't start till mid season, and he's a freaking running back in 2015.

I agree with your reasoning ... but only IF .... IF ... the Rams really tried hard to trade down and get a great extra pick for trading down. If no team would play ball like that, THEN I'm ok with the Gurley pick. But if they could have traded down to the Chargers?.... I'm mad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Quick question: Anyone notice the gold lettering on the Rams uniform when Gurley held up our jersey? Is that just for the draft because of the whole 50 thing and will the lettering remain gold the entire year?

I did not notice. Anyone with pics?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Looks like all the teams have gold lettering on their uniforms. I could hardly read "RAY" on Broncos uniform.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The team philosophy? It's the same philosophy it's always been with Jeff Fisher. Don't even act like him wanting a top tier HB is any surprise.

He won't start till mid season? Where do you get your inside information from? What's your NFL source?

Yeah, I majorly fucked up there. I was so pissed I'm putting wrong timelines in my head without even checking. I work in the medical field, so I hear acl and I automatically think 9-10 months.

Nothing this team could do to disappoint me anymore at this point is a surprise anymore.