Draft - Day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Was this a good draft day, bad, or WTH???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks!!! I wanted to start with Fisher and Blew it when I posted, Thanks again!
Jake Fisher has the 5th highest Sparq score of all O-Lineman 125.0 w/ a 4.87 40 very few are faster, and at 6ft 6 you know he's got length!
And he was a Duck. Gotta go with my boy. Draft that man.

A55VA6

Legend
There's alot of very good players still on the board. Curious to see what the Rams do tomorrow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And he was a Duck. Gotta go with my boy. Draft that man.

JMO but he's under-powered. Doesn't fit our blocking scheme. Doesn't make sense after the Gurley pick because he's not a guy who will generate much movement in a PBS.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Really hoping we can get AJ Cann. Not in love with Fisher, Clemmings foot plus rawness concern me, Tre Jackson leaves me a bit cold.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watched that about 8 times just to watch Robinson absolutely fucking destroy the guy in front of him :snicker:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
For real! Quinn, Long, Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Williams, Hayes, Sims

Good lord. :eek:
Don't believe your giving this kid west rookie enough credit.He will replace Hayes,will only get bigger & stronger.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Random observations on Day one:
* Why the F__K didn't the Redskins take Leonard Williams when he fell to them at #5!?! IDIOTS!
* Philly Taking WR Nelson Agholar @#20. Was way too early to take him with so many other, better WR's, still on the board!
* The Packer selection of FS - Damarius Randall, good pick, But again too early to take him!
* I WAS REALLY, REALLY SURPRISED THAT THERE WHER ONLY TWO TRADES IN THE 1st round!!
JMHO on things so far!:)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Called It!! Great Pick!! This improved the offense in so many way. Passing game is better, running game is better. This is a Home Run in my opinion.
Now who is the pick in 2nd rd ?? Shotty had insight.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Westbrooks, but I need to see more.
Fair enough,but you also have to include Offensive Lineman to The Rams.Bond , Washington,Jones,Barnes...
This are guys that are in The Rams system as next man up.The coaching staff knows what these guys can do.I like the fact there is not a lot of capital tied up in them as well.It makes for better competition .I liked these guys in preseason.---Looks like now they are being trusted to step up.
Can't wait for Sunday when most of it is said & done(roster) for mini camp

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Now who is the pick in 2nd rd ?? Shotty had insight.

Don't be surprised to see a QB here, if their top choice is still available.

Wildcards could be Gregory and DGB if they are still available.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well if the Rams want a QB at #41 they should get the pick of the kitty litter between Grayson, Hundley or anyone else they like.
Personally i don't see it in this round.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Will there be a draft Day 2 thread?

This should be an entertaining draft because after the top guys there are a lot of differences where teams rank everyone else. A team could rank someone 20th overall and another team could have that same guy ranked 100. Should be an interesting weekend.

Having typed up that - since there aren't a lot of great or exceptional players in the draft, I'm excited Gurley is a Ram.

I'm not a talent evaluater but I would want the Rams to come away with an offensive line man or two but if they want to sprinkle Devin Smith and Matrell Spaight in there, I'm for it. Devin Smith can't be all that bad. I don't think it's a coincidence that no matter who was throwing the ball Ohio State kept winning. As far as a linebacker, Matrell Spaight is always around the ball.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im pounding the table for La'el Collins, probably the best lineman in the draft at 41 is worth the risk!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Im pounding the table for La'el Collins, probably the best lineman in the draft at 41 is worth the risk!

92taq2h.jpg