Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
200.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lmao no I might have been exaggerating but something weird involved he and his brother. Was creepy.
Some TMZ worthy shit.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Goff played with a broken thumb, and has led us to four winning seasons. What did Bradford ever do better?
My misquote ,I was talking about Trade Value.

Not what happened on the Field. My Bad.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Okay, bear with me.

My youngest has been telling me to trust my intuition more. I struggle with that. I have a great intuition, but I use it just slightly more often than my snow skis here in FL... and I tend to not pay ANY attention to it when it comes to sports because my brain likes to run wild. And because I'm a pattern guy (apparently after taking some tests, also on the autism spectrum...), I tend to hyperfocus on those patterns.

Well, when it came to the Ramsey situation and his dissatisfaction, I just knew he was coming even as folks said he'd be too expensive, others would offer more...yadda, yadda, yadda.

So, here it is.

My intuition says that Watson's gonna be a Ram.

My intuition also says that the price we pay for him is gonna make even his strongest adherents blush. It's gonna be a WHAMMY!!!

There will be very long threads about how the value is crap and we shoulda stuck with Goff and built up the OL. We will allude to the Warner/Bulger threads...

Beyond that, my intuition says we'll be very happy, and that includes winning a Super Bowl.

This will be like having a very nice entry level luxury sedan and putting a HUGE down on a top of the line Mercedes S63 AMG.

Does the price tag sting? Yep. Stings like getting into a slap fight with a bad sunburn.

Does it end up being worth it? Yep. It sure does.

Now the pattern part of me is screaming that we don't need no stinkin' intuition cuz there are PATTERNS which say he's coming and we don't need all this hippy-dippy nonsense.

But my youngest is right and I can't and shouldn't ignore my intuition... and my intuition says he's coming, we're gonna pay a mint and a half for him and we'll ultimately be happy in the end.

Okay... back to patterns!
iu

Actually, the statement from GM Nick Caserio actually gels perfectly with this...

They're gonna extract a mint...and a half.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some TMZ worthy shit.

Sharing the working girls doubles the bang for the buck.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Honestly it’s a big reason why I support Terrell Davis ...he brought national attention to migraines bc mfers used to think they were just headaches until he sat out in the supper bowl with one back me up my boy @Mackeyser

NO DOUBT!!!

Had a 12 week migraine and I was hallucinating after 10 weeks... couldn't tell anyone because I didn't want to end up on the no fly list... which the VA was doing to anyone who was psych admitted, even if the hallucinations weren't a result of substances, so even for folks who voluntarily submitted to a 3 day stay, they just HOSED people with no fly list submission and a bunch of other really punitive stuff.

And we wonder why vets commit suicide 22 times a day? Sorry, it doesn't just bother me, it's personal.

But yeah, migraines are no joke.

Few things bring me to the brink of violence like when I'm actually being vulnerable and discussing my migraine history and some jerk jumps in with "I had a headache once, but I have a totally high pain tolerance and in a couple of minutes it was gone"...
iu

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I just had to laugh at this. I liked Bradford but he just was nowhere near Goff in production.

He had some talent but after his two ACLs he was done.
LikeI posted, My Bad worded it wrong.

Meant Trade Value.

Everyone thought they could fix Bradford because he played for Fish.

Now I've learned my lessons, word things right and stay out of I had a Dream post lol.

Maybe K.C will trade us Patrick....

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Dude, c'mon.
And on this,think Goff is gonna get the Trade picks like Sammy got,contracts etc etc.

This part is Not Me,it's the fact the Eagles traded for him,the Vikes traded for him,then the Cards signed him.

Now if Goff fails here,it is mho he won't get shots like that.

Hope that's worded, spoken better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And on this,think Goff is gonna get the Trade picks like Sammy got,contracts etc etc.

This part is Not Me,it's the fact the Eagles traded for him,the Vikes traded for him,then the Cards signed him.

Now if Goff fails here,it is mho he won't get shots like that.

Hope that's worded, spoken better.

Sam was out of the NFL before his 31st birthday and didn't come close to accomplishing what Jared already has. There isn't a comparison between the two.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Sam was out of the NFL before his 31st birthday and didn't come close to accomplishing what Jared already has. There isn't a comparison between the two.
I'm not posting what either did on the field..

I'm posting about the Trade Value the NFL put on Sam.

Now if it was the beginning of 2019 season we could get a couple 1st for Goff but after this season doubt we could trade him. With that contract.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not posting what either did on the field..

I'm posting about the Trade Value the NFL put on Sam.

Now if it was the beginning of 2019 season we could get a couple 1st for Goff but after this season doubt we could trade him. With that contract.

The team trading for him is getting him for Jimmy G. money. It's a bigger issue for us than it is for other teams. Goff has much better trade value than people think.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect we're gonna find out his value here soon.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
I've read a ton of articles on Watson being upset with management. Can someone explain to me why?

He signed his contract after Hopkins was already traded. If he is upset with management because they didn't follow an interview process that he suggested (all I can really find/delineate), then I honestly don't get it. I hope there is more to the story that someone can share. I also hope we haven't reached the age where a player (prima donna?, which doesn't coincide with Watson's rep) begins to determine the pathway management should take and if it isn't followed, have the ability to force themselves out as result. The repercussions would not be positive.

If there isn't more behind it than I know of, I really hope the Texans take the same stance as the Steelers did with Bell. Let him sit out for three years and don't pay him while he's gone.

Regarding the Rams, I honestly don't think we are a fit. If he were on the market, he'd require 3 firsts as a starting point. We aren't that team.

dang

Legend
One thing is clear. McVay and the Rams are not going to settle with just having a playoff caliber top10 team. For that I am thankful because 7-9 or worse bullshit each year was not satisfying.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I've read a ton of articles on Watson being upset with management. Can someone explain to me why?

He signed his contract after Hopkins was already traded. If he is upset with management because they didn't follow an interview process that he suggested (all I can really find/delineate), then I honestly don't get it. I hope there is more to the story that someone can share. I also hope we haven't reached the age where a player (prima donna?, which doesn't coincide with Watson's rep) begins to determine the pathway management should take and if it isn't followed, have the ability to force themselves out as result. The repercussions would not be positive.

If there isn't more behind it than I know of, I really hope the Texans take the same stance as the Steelers did with Bell. Let him sit out for three years and don't pay him while he's gone.

Regarding the Rams, I honestly don't think we are a fit. If he were on the market, he'd require 3 firsts as a starting point. We aren't that team.

Didn't talk to him before Hopkins trade and then this year didn't talk to him knowing he was upset from last year lack of communication. In most sports right or wrong the teams leader especially a superstar gets a courtesy consulst, especially when it effects him. Head Coach and his #1 asset being moved or changed without his knowledge or at least a courtesy meeting doesn't bode well right or wrong. It is the climate of sports in America and in all honesty has a direct effect on legacy and income let alone potential success on the field