Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your post but I did feel the need to state that kink isn't kink if there isn't consent.

In fact, one of the most amazing things about the kink community is how much consent is necessary for it to even occur. What may seem awkward and unsexy to some people (negotiating the "yes" to every sexual act) actually becomes the vehicle for the some of the most intense and passionate sexual experiences a person can have. The kink community actually has a great deal to teach others about consent and how it actually can open the door to consistently great sex.

Oh, I could NOT agree more. I just 100% agree.

That's why I mentioned what a shit place pron is to learn about this. If you come across something that interests you or have feelings about something and then turn to some pron site... holy jeebus... what a disaster. You'd have better luck learning how to be an appliance repairman from pron than learning about kink. I dunno... do they still do that?... with the plumber?... "hey, ma'am... I'm here to clean your pipes..."? I dunno. I've noticed that there are more step-siblings than at a Beverly Hills private school... I'm not even asking what that's about... *shrug*

And the actual kink community is super awesome and open and great to talk to even if one doesn't share their kink.

I know it's super sus when some dude is like, "ya know... *looks both ways*... I don't really look at pron..." and then proceeds to talk about it as if he invented it... that's not me, but kinda me. Here's the TMI part... I'm demi. You can look up what that means, but as for this post, it's just this... if I don't have a deep and/or romantic connection with someone... nothing happens. As a matter of fact, demi is on the asexual spectrum and as has happened in the past... a hot woman would put her hand on my shoulder or arm in a way that would ordinarily be neutral or even friendly... I just wanna throw up. It freaks me out.

But I'm also ADHD (ADD-I for those keeping track at home) and on the autism spectrum (dad and son are high-functioning autistic and my son has a full diagnosis. I have no desire to go through a 6 week eval like my son did at UCLA, but I've seen enough to know if I'm not fully autistic, I'm on the spectrum.

Which is a long way to say... I read EVERYTHING. I do. I don't just go down the rabbit hole, I do geneology on all the rabbits that ever lived there... My family makes fun of me until some obscure something comes up and I'm like, "hey, I just read a white paper about that" or "I just saw a documentary on that" or whatever. Anyway, one of the things I've been very curious about has to do with the logistics of sex work... because as a demi, it's literally the polar opposite of where I live... like, I'm BAFFLED by casual hookups... so sex for money? *mind blown* Like HOW? And I've encountered many women and men who do it and the conversations to me are just FASCINATING. I don't judge, think sex work should be legal and regulated even as I couldn't partake in it.

Anyway, I'll occasionally look at some pron (bored or some conversation triggered something... wondering if anything's changed... like... WHY does every girl have her belly button pierced? I'm so confused), but it's with such a bewildered detachment...

Okay, post is already too long so fuck it. Short story.

I'm watching tv downstairs with my two youngest kids. It's about 10 years ago so they're in 11 and 9 or maybe a year or two older. Anyway, I typically go to the guide, pick a program and just click that. But THIS time, I'm in the movie channels and I decide to scroll. It's late for younger kids so it's maybe 11 and we're just having a late night and eating popcorn (I make excellent popcorn) and so I channel up to see what else is on before putting the kids to bed.

Okay... I get to a Skinemax channel and this girl has her butt pointed at the camera wearing her red soled high heals in a position that looks like she's giving the dude a bj. I panic because my kids are there and I drop the remote on the tile. Batteries pop out. I'm scrambling and my youngest says, "can you at least pause it so we don't have to hear anymore?" So I do. Scene is basically the same.

Now, as a father and as a man... I could have said a LOT of things... I coulda gone SO MANY ways... but I just stopped, took a breath, looked at the screen and saw the woman and said, "nice shoes".

My wife says, "what?"

I look at her like she's crazy, "those are Christian Louboutins. They're VERY expensive. Those are nice shoes."

And my wife and my two youngest kids are looking at me... and looking BACK at the scene and my youngest child looks at me and says, "two people are having sex and all you can think to say is 'nice shoes'?"

Yep... that's me.

By the way... I've NEVER to this day lived that down and I'm reminded of it constantly...

TexasRam

Legend
When I tracked Sex Offenders, especially ones with deviant behavior, there was typically way more sexual activity going on with the individual unbeknownst to those closest to them.

It will be very telling if actual acquaintances of his come forward identifying other sexually driven behaviors. This can not be dismissed as boys will be boys or just bad behavior.

As of today I hope he never plays another down again in the NFL. People talk about redemption, victims of sexual assault never get redemption.

Sorry if this came off as a rant.

I always thought it would be a fun job to be Chris Hanson of "To catch a Predator".

Dr. Walks in thinking he's getting some sex with underage teen.

How's it going Doc? What you doing here? How many years did you spend in med school and building your practice up?

Cuz its all going away forever now.

Just to see the look on his face would be priceless.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always thought it would be a fun job to be Chris Hanson of "To catch a Predator".

Dr. Walks in thinking he's getting some sex with underage teen.

How's it going Doc? What you doing here? How many years did you spend in med school and building your practice up?

Cuz its all going away forever now.

Just to see the look on his face would be priceless.
Their oh sh** looks and initial onset of panic always cracks me up. Pieces of crap caught and they know there is no getting out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Deshaun Watson now facing 21 sexual misconduct lawsuits; QB also accused of deleting key evidence

A lawyer in Texas has filed 21 separate civil lawsuits that are all alleging sexual misconduct against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

The lawsuits were filed by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who has entered them into court on behalf of multiple women who are all claiming that Watson committed at least one act of sexual misconduct or assault against them. The suits are all similar in nature: In each case, Watson is accused of acting inappropriately after hiring a female to give him a private massage.

One of the lawsuits refers to Watson as a "serial predator" and includes allegations that he sexually assaulted a massage therapist in California. Most of the massage therapists were hired through Instagram, and in one lawsuit, Watson is accused of trying to delete (or unsend) the Instagram messages he used to initially contact the woman. Watson's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, has denied that charge.

Hardin responded to the rest of the allegations on March 23. In a statement provided to CBSSports.com, the attorney wrote that "any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false."

From a football standpoint, the NFL opened an investigation against the Texans quarterback on March 18 to see if he violated the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Here are the latest details on the allegations (Warning, there are some graphic details):

Lawsuit one

The allegations in the first lawsuit took place on March 30, 2020 at the home of the woman who was hired to give him a massage. In this lawsuit, which you can read here, the central allegation is that "Watson assaulted the Plaintiff by touching her with his penis." According to the lawsuit, Watson allegedly reached out to the massage therapist on Instagram and asked if she would be willing to give him a massage. Before the two agreed on anything, Watson allegedly asked the woman if the "focus" of the massage could be "on his groin area."

The woman claims that about 25 minutes into the session it became clear that "Watson wanted a massage for only one reason -- sex."

Eventually, the woman started crying and before she was able to get Watson to leave, he allegedly said "I know you have a career and reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don't want anyone messing with mine."

The woman took that as a threat that Watson might try to ruin her career if she said anything.

Lawsuit two

The second lawsuit involves an incident that allegedly took place on Aug. 28, 2020. Like the first lawsuit, Watson is accused of reaching out to a massage therapist on Instagram. In this lawsuit, Watson is accused of exposing himself and inappropriately touching the woman. In this case, the woman was from Atlanta and Watson allegedly flew her to Houston where she was supposed to give him a massage at a local hotel.

Before the day of the appointment, Watson allegedly asked the woman if she would be willing to work on his "glutes" and "groin" area. According to the woman, Watson got completely nude prior to the massage. After that happened, the woman pointed out that he should be wearing at least a towel, but Watson allegedly refused to put one on. Once the woman realized Watson wanted more than a massage, she left the hotel room.

According to the lawsuit, Watson's behavior is viewed as "part of a disturbing pattern of preying on vulnerable women."

Lawsuit three

The third lawsuit involves a situation that allegedly took place on Dec. 28, 2020. Once again, Watson is accused of setting up a massage appointment by using the messaging function on Instagram to contact a relatively unknown massage therapist. In this case, the quarterback allegedly set up an appointment that was to he held at a Houston-area office building.

According to this lawsuit, Watson actually forced the woman "to perform oral sex on him." According to ESPN.com, the woman wrote in the lawsuit that she felt "intimidated and threatened" and that "she was afraid of what someone like Watson could do if she did not submit to his demands."

Subsequent lawsuits

After the first three lawsuits came out, Buzbee said there would be more and he wasn't exaggerating. The Texas lawyer filed four more lawsuits on March 19. In the fourth lawsuit that was filed, Watson is accused of sexually assaulting one woman two times. The first incident allegedly occurred in September 2020 and the second assault allegedly took place in October 2020.

Watson was also hit with seven more lawsuits on March 22, bringing the total to 14. According to one of the lawsuits that was filed Monday and obtained by ESPN, Watson is accused of sexually assaulting a female massage therapist just weeks ago by "touching her with his penis and exposing himself."

The 13th lawsuit, which was filed Monday afternoon, alleges Watson harassed and inappropriately touched a professional esthetician while she was performing a massage in April 2020. There were also two more lawsuits filed on March 23, which brought the total to 16.

The quarterback was then hit with three more lawsuits on March 29, which means the total is now at 19. In one of the three filings from March 29, one plaintiff said she knew the quarterback through mutual friends, which makes this the first lawsuit to where a plaintiff admitted she knew who Watson was before accepting a job to give him a massage. In another lawsuit from March 29, Buzbee is now alleging that Watson has been deleting Instagram messages, according to the Houston Chronicle. In that same lawsuit, Watson has been accused of reaching out to some of the women "in an attempt to settle."

Watson's lawyer has denied that the quarterback has been trying to settle any of the cases.

The quarterback was also hit with to two more lawsuits on March 31. One of the cases was filed by a massage therapist in Arizona, which means Watson is now facing accusations in a total of four states (Texas, Arizona, California and Georgia).

Watson's response

After Buzbee publicly announced that the first lawsuit would be filed on March 17, Watson immediately issued a statement on Twitter where he denied all the allegations against him.

"As a result of a social media post by a publicity-seeking plaintiff's lawyer, I recently became aware of a lawsuit that has apparently been filed against me," Watson wrote. "I have not yet seen the complaint, but I know this: I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect. The plaintiff's lawyer claims that this isn't about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected. Unlike him, this isn't about money for me -- it's about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that."

Watson released that statement on March 16 after the first lawsuit came out, but hasn't commented on the situation since then. Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, followed up the quarterback's statement with a statement of his own on March 23 where he denied all the allegations.

Watson's attorney fires back

In a lengthy statement sent to the media, not only did Hardin claim that the allegations are false, but he also accused Buzbee of orchestrating "a circus-like atmosphere" surrounding the case.

"Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 'Jane Doe' lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun's otherwise sterling reputation," Hardin wrote.

Watson's attorney also pointed out that Buzbee has refused to turn over the names of the plaintiffs.

"The tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult," Hardin said. "Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth‑seeking process can even begin."

Hardin also added that be believes one of the woman who filed a lawsuit against Watson once tried to blackmail the Texans quarterback.

"I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false," Hardin wrote. "And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her "indefinite silence" about what she stated was a consensual encounter."

Basically, Hardin made it clear that Watson is going to fight every single claim that's been made against him.

"We are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel's antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day," Hardin wrote. "Thank you for your patience and understanding."

In a separate statement sent out on March 29, Hardin denied the allegations that Watson had been deleting Instagram messages as way to get rid of evidence. Hardin also added that the quarterback will be fighting to clear his name and is not currently looking to settle any of the cases.

"Like a lot of people, Deshaun regularly deletes past Instagram messages," Hardin said. "That said, he has not deleted any messages since March 15th, the day before the first lawsuit was filed. We categorically deny that he has reached out directly to his accusers in an attempt to settle these cases."

Multiple massage therapists come out in defense of Watson

Although Watson currently has 21 lawsuits pending against him, there are nearly 20 massage therapists who have to decided to go on the record to voice their support for the beleaguered Texans quarterback. Hardin released the names of each therapist on March 31 and they range from a licensed physical therapist with a degree in Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization to one woman who once served as the as supervisor of Houston Methodist's massage program.

Several of the women who came out in support of Watson were hired through Instagram.

"Deshaun first contacted me in February (2021) by direct message on Instagram after he saw a flyer that I had posted," one massage therapist said in a statement that was provided to CBSSports.com. "I have worked on him two times and in both instances he asked for a sports massage with a focus on his abs, abductors, thighs and glutes. Each session lasted an hour and he supplied the draping towel, which was the size of a beach towel."

One doctor, who currently serves as the director of rehabilitation services at a hospital in Houston, said that she's worked with Watson multiple times and has never once felt uncomfortable around him.

"I worked with Deshaun several times in 2019 and 2020. He was very quiet during our sessions, often played his music and zoned out," the doctor said. "Like most athletes, he requested that I focus on his hamstrings, abs and adductors. He never made me uncomfortable and was always professional during our sessions."

Hardin said he provided a statement from each of the 18 women as a way to show "the other side to this story."

Reaction from the Texans

It seems the Texans found out about the first lawsuit on March 16, and after the allegations came out, the team quickly released a statement.

"We became aware of a civil lawsuit involving Deshaun Watson through a social media post [on Tuesday night]," the team said. "This is the first time we heard of the matter, and we hope to learn more soon. We take accusations of this nature that involve anyone within the Houston Texans organization seriously. We will await further information before making any additional statements on this incident."

Texans general manager Nick Caserio spoke publicly for the first time about the allegations on the team's podcast March 29.

"We certainly take them very seriously," Caserio said. "The allegations, what's been discussed, are certainly troubling. Organizationally that's not something that we can condone, those types of actions. We'll let the legal process take care of itself."

NFL is now investigating

Buzbee shared a letter on March 18 that came from NFL senior vice president Lisa Friel, who runs the league's special counsel for investigations.

"I became aware of the lawsuits you filed [March 17], as well as the one you filed this morning, which contain various allegations of misconduct by Houston Texans player Deshaun Watson," Friel wrote in a letter that was posted to Instagram by Buzbee (The post has since been deleted). "I am writing to let you know that the League has opened an investigation into these allegations and to request the cooperation of your clients in our investigation. Such cooperation would begin with engaging in Zoom interviews with myself and another League investigator at which, of course, you would be present. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if your clients are willing to assist us with our investigation of their allegations."

The Texans have said that they will be staying in "close contact" with the league over the course of the investigation.

With the league now investigating, there's a chance that Watson could be hit with a punishment if the NFL finds that there's any merit to the allegations. With an ongoing NFL investigation, it might also become more difficult for the Texans to trade their star quarterback as other teams might want to see how the investigation plays out before making a deal for the 25-year-old.

Possible police involvement

Although Watson isn't currently facing any criminal charges, that could change. Buzbee claimed on March 19 that police in Houston have reached out to him to find out about any possible crimes that have been committed. However, Houston police say they are "unaware" of any contact between the department and Buzbee. Although it's not clear if contact has been made, Buzbee said he plans to cooperate with authorities and he also said during his March 19 press conference that he plans to put a packet together for police that will detail each incident. The lawyer also added that filing a police report will be part of his "next step."

On the other hand, that "next step" might not be coming and that's because it appears Buzbee doesn't trust the Houston Police Department. In a statement posted to Instagram, Buzbee pointed out that the son of Watson's lawyer works for the HPD.

"My legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on of the exclusive Command Staff of HPD," Buzbee wrote. "I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson's lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers -- I think the rank and file know that. But, I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities. Stand by."

Based on the lawsuits that have been filed, Buzbee doesn't necessarily have to look to file criminal charges in Houston. Watson is accused of sexual misconduct and/or assault in at least three other states besides Texas and Buzbee could look to file criminal charges in any one of those jurisdictions.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mentioned earlier in this scandal that he may have tried to escape Houston and this mess. Of course if he did, he wasn't thinking through the situation because he couldn't really escape the allegations by demanding a move.

What do you guys think now?

nighttrain

Legend
I mentioned earlier in this scandal that he may have tried to escape Houston and this mess. Of course if he did, he wasn't thinking through the situation because he couldn't really escape the allegations by demanding a move.

really looks bad for Watson, but there is a lot of greed out there, so i still am waiting for more info, Somebody should be kicked off the bus, just who is question
train

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hardin’s statement, in full:

“Since March 19, Mr. Tony Buzbee has repeatedly promised to submit evidence to the Houston Police Department in support of his anonymous clients’ complaints against Deshaun Watson. So far, he has not done so. Now, in response to media inquiries, Mr. Buzbee has abandoned his promise altogether and, in his words, will go 'elsewhere to provide his evidence to investigative authorities.'
“His latest excuse for failing to go to law enforcement is also his lamest. Anyone who has dealt with HPD, as I have for many years, would know that Mr. Buzbee’s suggestion that the Department would overlook legitimate complaints based upon a family connection of one of its officers is ludicrous. It is also insulting to the dedicated professionals at HPD and to common sense. Mr. Buzbee’s claimed fear of HPD’s partiality is inconsistent with his prior praise for the Department’s response to the burglary of his home during his recent mayoral campaign. See Exhibit 1 below.
“I would respectfully suggest that Mr. Buzbee’s failure to go to law enforcement does not result from some baseless fear that HPD will not fairly investigate. Instead, it is from the knowledge that his parade of anonymous allegations could not survive the rigorous inquiry of trained investigators or the need to attest to the truth of the allegations under oath.
“For our part, we will continue to learn about the cases in any way that we can. We and Deshaun will always remain available to any law enforcement or regulatory agency who desires our cooperation.
“Apparently, Mr. Buzbee is unwilling to do the same.”

cd11d5aa-bd66-4a53-96eb-875b2a8a074b.png

oldnotdead

Legend
I say again this is a career wrecker and IMO there has to be fire when there is this much smoke. At the very least this kid is exceptionally immature. I find it hard to imagine a FO so blind to his issues that they gave him over $110.7M guaranteed. I hope they have a morals clause in his contract. Watson has become instantly toxic much like Mike Vick was and his issue was with dogs not women.

No matter what Houston is screwed and that FO is in deep crap.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That’s a tough one. Obviously engaging in any activities close to what’s reported shows an incredible lack of judgement and selfaware ness.

So it may be possible that’s what he was trying to do. Most people have an idea things like this are coming their way. I don’t know for sure, but I have to believe his team was approached by at least 1 of the accusers for a financial settlement prior to the story breaking.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
At this point we know nothing., let the courts play it out. I cannot understand people on this thread rendering judgement prior to any legal process.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
At this point we know nothing., let the courts play it out. I cannot understand people on this thread rendering judgement prior to any legal process.

No, let's hang him first. We don't need no stinking evidence. He must be guilty or the opposing lawyer wouldn't be saying so in the press. And it's not like someone might be trying to make money off this...

Seriously dudes, we might want to wait a bit to carry out the sentence.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nobody is going to have any hard evidence here. It's all "he said she said".

Heres what we know:

One side is lying

Far more guilty people in Watson's shoes deny it than the other side fabricating this for money - FAR MORE.

It makes no sense for a pro athlete to get a massage away from the Texans organization.

It makes less sense to hunt for them on Instagram.

The legal process in this case is probably going to be random people listening to the accusations from the accusers.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2021, 9:29 AM EDT
The controversy surrounding Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson fundamentally changed on Friday, when someone filed a criminal complaint with the Houston Police Department.

Regardless of what happens with the criminal investigation, a criminal investigation now exists. With one person making a criminal complaint, more could follow.

It’s unclear whether the person who filed the complaint is one of the 21 persons who have sued Watson. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents all of the plaintiffs who have filed suit, recently said he won’t provide evidence to the Houston Police Department. Regardless, the activation of the criminal process take the entire controversy to a different place, one that in theory could result in Watson losing more than money and/or a portion of his playing career.

Before Watson faces a conviction and potential incarceration, a prosecutor would have to decide to pursue charges. Most prosecutors avoid filing charges unless they believe that they can satisfy the very high standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Still, it eventually will be up to the prosecutor, and if the prosecutor: (1) believes the complainant tells a compelling and credible case; and (2) assumes Watson will exercise his Fifth Amendment right to not testify, the prosecutor could decide to roll the dice on getting a jury the completely believes the accuser.

The mere existence criminal charge will become a factor in the NFL’s handling of Watson. The league office did not respond to a Saturday morning email requesting comment on the filing of criminal charges against Watson. A follow-up has been sent.

While something along the lines of “no comment” should be expected, silence doesn’t seem to be a viable strategy as the offseason continues to unfold. One of the best players in the NFL has now had a criminal charge made against him, on the heels of the filing of 21 sexual assault lawsuits.

With the draft happening in less than four weeks and workout programs due to commence, the clock will be ticking toward the NFL having something more substantive than to say nothing — especially if, as it appears, there won’t be an effort to bring his accusers together for a mediation sessions aimed at resolving these issues in a way that makes everyone believe they’ve been heard and received a fair and satisfactory outcome.

Watson’s intention to stay away from the Texans while he waits for a potential trade reduces some of the pressure on the league to act. With Watson apparently planning to be absent from the offseason program, the league won’t have to tell him to stay away. With Watson apparently unwilling to show up for training camp, the league can also choose to do nothing.

For Watson, the question becomes whether he believes he’ll land on the Commissioner Exempt list. If so, he can show up and then be placed on paid leave and receive his full salary for as long as the league keeps him in that status. If he doesn’t show up, he gets nothing — and he risks forfeitures and fines that will exceed the $10 million he’s due to earn in 2021 salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.