Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different era, though.

I don't agree with Philly (I don't care about differences; Watson deserves every bad thing he's gonna get), but Roethlisberger's crimes were in a different time; were it in the Me-Too era, he'd likely be out of the NFL.

Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, Taylor Lewan, Jordan Hicks, and Nelson Agholor disagree. If you can play, you'll get additional chances, especially when you haven't been convicted of anything.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
the thread title is outdated again. Should be changed to indefinite number of women, or a shitload of masseuses file lawsuits.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
He could have found happy endings very easily. And I mean he could have found "sure thing" happy endings very easily. Just see Kraft Whack N Cheese. Those places are literally everywhere. You don't go into a situation like that just hoping it might happen... you make sure it's a sure thing first. It's easily negotiated for both parties involved. In fact... a person providing that particular kind of service would be very descriptive on the price of all services offered... especially when they know they are dealing with a multimillionaire. Those are the kind of clients they hope to find... mini cash cows for them.

I pass no judgment on anyone who offers those kind of services or the people who pay for those services. Now there are obviously laws against it here... but again... it's extremely easy to find for anyone who wants it. Especially if you have the kind of money Watson does.

This could be a shakedown by these women and the attorney. That's a possibility. Nobody has been found guilty of anything here at this point.

This is a civil case though... and that kind of case is MUCH easier to win.

All I'm saying here is that I don't believe that these ladies are fabricating these stories. It's going to be easy to provide communications from Watson to these ladies from Instagram. And when you look at what I had to say about how pro athletes have free access to massage therapy 365 days a year from the best in the biz. Man... a solid attorney could literally CLEAN UP in civil case like this. Easily.

Watson put himself in these compromising situations for a reason. Pro Athletes, especially an NFL starting QB of his caliber, know better than to put themselves into situations like this. They 100% know better.

excellent analysis...almost too good...like someone who knows how to work the "system" hahahahaha. the instagram aspect may be the most damning. If your serious about getting the best therapy, ypu go with the team therapist or a highly recommended sweedish guy.

Can you imagine getting 250 massages a year!? Damn, That's something I would vote on, as in any candidate who could promise that, they get my vote.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He could have found happy endings very easily. And I mean he could have found "sure thing" happy endings very easily. Just see Kraft Whack N Cheese. Those places are literally everywhere. You don't go into a situation like that just hoping it might happen... you make sure it's a sure thing first. It's easily negotiated for both parties involved. In fact... a person providing that particular kind of service would be very descriptive on the price of all services offered... especially when they know they are dealing with a multimillionaire. Those are the kind of clients they hope to find... mini cash cows for them.

If the allegations are true, this is a compulsive, addictive behavior. None of the above would apply. One of the things one does with addictive behavior is look to increase it as the seratonin/dopamine rush decreases over time as the level of bx stays the same. Often an offender will look to riskier and riskier behavior where the threat to ones career and health are put in jeopardy because they no longer can get the fix like before.

This isn't about Happy Endings. Happy Endings are just the cherry on top of the sundae. The sundae is the ritual.

If this happened, this has all the clearcut signs of addictive bx and he should be prosecuted if possible but also given the the help he needs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If the allegations are true, this is a compulsive, addictive behavior. None of the above would apply. One of the things one does with addictive behavior is look to increase it as the seratonin/dopamine rush decreases over time as the level of bx stays the same. Often an offender will look to riskier and riskier behavior where the threat to ones career and health are put in jeopardy because they no longer can get the fix like before.

This isn't about Happy Endings. Happy Endings are just the cherry on top of the sundae. The sundae is the ritual.

If this happened, this has all the clearcut signs of addictive bx and he should be prosecuted if possible but also given the the help he needs.

I see it that way too. You did a great job describing it.

I think that the "happy ending" for him was trying to force ladies to do things they they didn't want to do. That's what it appears he got off on.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I see it that way too. You did a great job describing it.

I think that the "happy ending" for him was trying to force ladies to do things they they didn't want to do. That's what it appears he got off on.

Sadly, that is part of the ritual for far too many men.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Multiple women accused Ben of rape, and it hasn't hindered the dude's career, outside of the suspension he served. So I'll have to disagree with that guess.
And i am talking only about how the writers/pundits would handle it, not the league. I understand the league has to wait and see how it plays out, but the pundits normally do not, but its like there is a diff dynamic here and people are afraid to come down on him for some reason. Just interesting.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And i am talking only about how the writers/pundits would handle it, not the league. I understand the league has to wait and see how it plays out, but the pundits normally do not, but its like there is a diff dynamic here and people are afraid to come down on him for some reason. Just interesting.

probably because everyone knew rapeburger was a sleaze before news broke of his offences while watson has been a model citizen where nobody has said a bad word about him until these accusations came out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The media has been all over it, though. But I imagine their hesitance is twofold. First, he's not being accused of rape (other than the one woman, who's claim seems especially dubious, IIRC). Second, the way this all has come about and is coming about is a little fishy. I've talked to other lawyer friends who also feel it all doesn't smell quite right. That doesn't mean that we're right, but I imagine there are a lot of people who are getting weird vibes from this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark, Taylor Lewan, Jordan Hicks, and Nelson Agholor disagree. If you can play, you'll get additional chances, especially when you haven't been convicted of anything.

True, but most of them were physical assault (and I think all of those players are scumbags). Watson's got a lot of women saying he's a sexual predator. That's quite different.

Ellard80

Legend

they didn't have 15-20 accusers saying they jerked off on them...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but most of them were physical assault (and I think all of those players are scumbags). Watson's got a lot of women saying he's a sexual predator. That's quite different.

I would classify beating on women as worse than the accusations against Watson, except for the one woman who claims he forced her to give him oral sex (but again, that accusation seems the most dubious based on what we know).

Memento

Name
Jemma
I would classify beating on women as worse than the accusations against Watson, except for the one woman who claims he forced her to give him oral sex (but again, that accusation seems the most dubious based on what we know).

I'm not saying it's better or worse. I'm saying, in this era, sexual misconduct will always be worse than physical violence towards people.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This part of this thread has been a particularly good read (y)

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not saying it's better or worse. I'm saying, in this era, sexual misconduct will always be worse than physical violence towards people.
I'm betting ya never ben hit in the face by somebody that outweighs ya by 50 or 60 lbs? have ya? Its a kinda different
train

Memento

Name
Jemma
Alright mems,... you can’t leave us hanging like that!

Ah, yeah, it was in 2014 basically after I had gotten kicked out of a group home for the audacity of asking for a doctor because I was feeling depressed. I had run away from the group home (not the smartest move, but I was feeling quite angry and helpless at that point), a cop caught me, and I swung on him (not something I'm proud of). I missed, and he and another cop punched me in the face and cuffed me.

The cop who outweighed me by at least sixty, though, slugged me three times in the head while I was cuffed behind my back because I didn't want to exit the cop car and then threw me on the ground. And I mean he slugged me; I was barely conscious after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.