DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't mind a little pizzazz on the field. I get it, it's a team game, "we not me", etc. but these young men have the right celebrate EVERY TD they make. Life in the NFL is way too short not to.
Well, I think its the showboating before the end zone that can ruffle feathers. Lol
GlamorousIncompatibleAvocet.webp

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put it this way, Cooper Kupp is a much bigger gamble than DeSean Jackson. That is just reality considering his contract and injury history. The last two times this team reached the post season he wasn't available.
So you haven’t heard what we signed him for got it. And it’s pointless to discuss DJax injury history anymore. People just assume McVay will just make them go away and DJax will become a model human being and play all year without issue.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I dont know about all that. He's a showboat, that's for sure, but he's pretty much known for having some pretty sick workouts. In fact, part of his injury issues in his recent Philly stint were attributed to that. He's only played 8 games in 2 years, that aint good no doubt. But that's why he's affordable.... And IIRC, he tore an ab muscle in 2019, aggravated the injury by rushing back too quickly. Last year he got hurt when he volunteered to return a punt, which he hadnt done in years, and the Giants cheap shot him, breaking his ankle.
I get why people dont like him, he's flashy, a showboat and has some off field issues. But work ethic? I have a hard time thinking McVay would tolerate that
I have no idea about his work outs. I just know what I heard on the show from Skip and Shannon. They said it was a well known that he was not a “workout warrior”. Their words not mine.

As far as being a jerk, yeah everyone has seen enough over his career to form their own opinions.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Put it this way, Cooper Kupp is a much bigger gamble than DeSean Jackson. That is just reality considering his contract and injury history. The last two times this team reached the post season he wasn't available.
Understand your thought process and concern but still another way to put it is ...
196 vs. 23
2,135 vs. 395
13 vs. 3

That’s also a reality.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No way is this true. We don't even make the playoffs without Kupp last year. If we really wanted to compare gambles, who'd get picked up with a bigger contract first if they were free agents, Kupp or DJ?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Understand your thought process and concern but still another way to put it is ...
196 vs. 23
2,135 vs. 395
13 vs. 3

That’s also a reality.
And $15M per yr plus a restructure (future big cap hits) vs a 1yr near vet min deal.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eagles fans have described him as somebody that does his own thing and doesn’t listen to training and medical staff.
I think it's really easy OS... If he pulls that shit he's gone. The Rams have a lot more culture than the Eagles have IMO. They won't let that dude do his own thing.

I don't like the guy either but he has every reason to try to cap his career with a positive don't you think? There's a chance we can get a good year out of him.

Same here ultimately, but a part of me would like to see the Rams and Niners both good at the same time battling it out for supremacy. It feels like that has rarely been the case throughout the decades. More often than not when one team is UP the other is DOWN. Besides the late 80's and maybe now, how often have both teams been really good simultaneously?
You are probably gonna get what you want Mojo. :beer2::cool:

I think the Rams vs the 9ers is the next three years of this division's future. We should have the edge but they're gonna be tough they know us well and they're built to beat us on the ground which is our weakness.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I think it's really easy OS... If he pulls that shit he's gone. The Rams have a lot more culture than the Eagles have IMO. They won't let that dude do his own thing.

Yup exactly. That shit wont happen here in LA. DeSean asked to come to LA back in 2019. He's played 3 years with McVay and had some of the best seasons of his entire career. DJax respects McVay as a person and coach. But not only that, the respect McVay commands around the league is very evident. Which is why I think Ramsey grew up so much once he came to LA. He has been a tremendous leader and teammate since he got here. Not to mention the best corner in football. I expect the same focus and energy from Djax.

I think DeSean knows this is his 3rd act and will take his time in LA very serious. And we know how great McVay is with veteran players and making sure they stay healthy with limited reps in practice. And not to jinx us, but it also appears we have one of the best training and medical staffs in the entire NFL, utilizing cutting edge technology and science.

jjab360

Legend
I have no idea about his work outs. I just know what I heard on the show from Skip and Shannon. They said it was a well known that he was not a “workout warrior”. Their words not mine.

As far as being a jerk, yeah everyone has seen enough over his career to form their own opinions.
I really have no idea where they got that from. It's not possible to be one of the best deep threats of all time and make it 12 years in the NFL without having a great work ethic. The results speak for themselves.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really have no idea where they got that from. It's not possible to be one of the best deep threats of all time and make it 12 years in the NFL without having a great work ethic. The results speak for themselves.

View: https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/player-desean-jackson-attends-the-2015-espys-at-microsoft-theater-on-picture-id480834040?s=2048x2048

I don’t know, some guys are just fast. He doesn’t look like your average dude at the gym. Not cut up, doesn’t have huge thighs. Probably wouldn’t think he’s a football player if you saw him on the street.

I’ll definitely root for him and hope he can stay in the field if he makes the team.

I don’t know how to attach the picture so the link’s the best I got.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm still surprised we haven't seen a contact term yet. Perhaps he just had his physical and everything and we'll finally hear the terms.