DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean isn't that everyone's reaction when someone is saying DeSean Jackson doesn't deserve a roster spot? :ROFLMAO:

10K yards and 56TDs lmaooo
I think it's more in line with anybody who's excited and thinks this is a game changing signing. You should see what eagles and WFT fans are saying :D Generally it's that he'll be good until he decides he's hurt and puts himself on the inactive list for the other 15 games.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I mean isn't that everyone's reaction when someone is saying DeSean Jackson doesn't deserve a roster spot? :ROFLMAO:

10K yards and 56TDs lmaooo
See there you go again saying things I didn't say :LOL: Never once said he doesn't deserve a roster spot. Just saying he takes up one that will have to be filled if he gets injured. I hope the Rams draft a speedster that is waiting in the wings if that does happen cuz it's definitely more than possible.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I can find its a one year deal. No details on the money that I can find.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I just want to know how much he cost. Very cheap is what i expect.

…..

Legend
Sorry, it's still a roster spot taken. If he gets injured, which is highly likely, his roster spot has to be filled.

Do not worry so.....

There will be plenty of roster spots taken by players who will have far less an impact.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope your right. His injury history is definitely worrying. Wish his issue was more like having one year where the injury bug bit him too often but I suppose we wouldn't have been able to afford him if that were the case.
yeah this feels like a very low risk high reward type of signing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams drafted another speedster in the fourth round or so just to compete with Jackson and replace him if he gets hurt anyways. But yeah they draft advance Jefferson in the second round and paid Woods and Kupp a bunch of money so I can't see the wide receiver for getting a ton of snaps you know?

MachS

Hall of Fame
I think this is a solid move. Assuming its a small amount of money so low risk, all reward for us. You know McVays' familiarity with him played a big part which is why I thought this might happen. He should be healthier for us in LA :hope:and if so make a legit impact in stretching the defense. Still expect us to draft a WR though.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Man, I'm not feeling this. At his age...but he still sparked last year. He has more speed than anyone else we have. Will give Matt a deep option. And he can help Kupp with some vet tips.

Don't care for the guy. But if he help, okay.
As long as he doesn't teach him to spike it on the 1 yard line

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Nice, good low risk signing for the WR corp. Just need him to make a play here and there and take a safety deep. Me likey...

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Do not worry so.....

There will be plenty of roster spots taken by players who will have far less an impact.
I more so worry because a spot taken by an injured player costs money to replace no matter what. I get your point. I just also pray our team can stay healthy, Jackson included, so my concerns don't matter.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Which two games will he be healthy enough to start ? :unsure:
We don't need him to start,. He just needs to be a deep threat when he's on the field. I'm sure Coach Mac will draw up some special packages in addition to having him play a decoy role.
No doubt the Rams have a plan for him or they wouldn't have signed him.

~ArkyRamsFan~

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
See there you go again saying things I didn't say :LOL: Never once said he doesn't deserve a roster spot. Just saying he takes up one that will have to be filled if he gets injured. I hope the Rams draft a speedster that is waiting in the wings if that does happen cuz it's definitely more than possible.

Rams probably will draft a speed guy, but a rookie is not going to step right in to McVay's offense. Jefferson didn't, and he was about as pro ready as anyone since Kupp. With our dead cap space imo Jackson is the best threat we can get right now.

…..

Legend
I more so worry because a spot taken by an injured player costs money to replace no matter what. I get your point. I just also pray our team can stay healthy, Jackson included, so my concerns don't matter.
This is an issue every tesm will face.

What will really be cool is if Jackson plays 16 games and we’ve all wasted the energy assuming he’s only good for 2

I can see both scenarios happening. Just feel its a waste of energy worrying about it.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a fantastic signing. Allows us to go from needing two WRs in the draft to just one.

Also can wait and draft one later. Great signing.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So, was this the big move that Jourdan was talking about?
I hope not as the vet minimum shouldn't cost much
This is an issue every tesm will face.

What will really be cool is if Jackson plays 16 games and we’ve all wasted the energy assuming he’s only good for 2

I can see both scenarios happening. Just feel its a waste of energy worrying about it.
I'm not wasting too much in all honesty. Just like to discuss everything about the Rams so that part is effortless. I've shared my opinion already about him. Regardless, welcome to the Rams D Jackson. Hope you stay healthy all year and have a career year as a Ram.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Do not worry so.....

Totally agree, and continue to not get the handwringing over small (or even large) amounts of Stan's money. Not sure who we would sign with, say, a couple million extra bucks with the potential to make as much difference as Jackson.