DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're comparing Djax to Denario Alexander?? Have some fucking respect for great NFL players man. He's a 3X Pro Bowler not a chump. Jesus maybe a little optimism might do you some good.

how in the fuck is DX a chump? you try playing when both knees are bone on bone.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
IF he stays healthy, this is a great signing. Takes one less need away in the draft. And, we can possibly run some 4 WR sets this year, we lost a good TE, so maybe something new coming?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I hate all the hate. Have fun y'all I'm meeting a stunning 40 year old woman for sushi in 40 minutes and I have tomorrow and Tuesday off. :horns: what a fucking incredible new album!
Screenshot_20210321-183837.png

dang

Legend
Antonio Brown is a class A a-hole but after he became acclimated definately contributed to the Bucs playoff run and super bowl win. If he can be healthy for a good bit of the season and it’s a cap friendly contract it will help the Rams do the same.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
how in the fuck is DX a chump? you try playing when both knees are bone on bone.

Lol.....see I didn't want to say anything about that part as DX was a fucking baller in my eyes. His knees and injury history just cut his career short so he never had a chance to put a long career together. Felt sorry for the kid cause he had so much potential.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Antonio Brown is a class A a-hole but after he became acclimated definately contributed to the Bucs playoff run and super bowl win. If he can be healthy for a good bit of the season and it’s a cap friendly contract it will help the Rams do the same.
Antonio Brown doesn't have an injury history tho. His history issues are more of the crazy guy type lol

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not saying he'll be counted on like that. Just saying like Denario, he can't seem to stay healthy. Am I wrong?
Denario had knee issues though so that was kind of different. Also he was asked to do a lot for us because he was our best receiver unfortunately. Jackson's going to be on such a snap count that if he gets hurt I'm going to be shocked just because the probability that he'll even be out there enough to tweak a hamstring is going to be low lol

WestCoastRam

Legend
Low risk, high reward. I believe someone said it also doesn't affect comp picks. Gives us more draft flexibility.

Kind of thing a winning organization does.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Awesome!!! I thought this would happen!! If he can stay healthy imo Jackson is just what we need.

It would have been a terrible mistake not to get Stafford a deep threat and Jackson is more than that. He is a really talented and smart receiver. My expectation is he that will be extremely motivated to show he can still get it done.

Last year's offense couldn't open up the field. (And no, it wasn't because the qb couldn't throw deep.) Jackson will command attention from the D and open up routes for the Rams' other three talented receivers. And, unlike Reynolds and Everett, Jackson can and will make big plays.

Sure it's a gamble in terms of his injuries, but the Rams didn't have a better option they could bring on board. I'm betting Jackson still has a lot of that 4.35 speed left and something to prove.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the record folks, this definitely isn't our last wide receiver we'll be adding to the roster. I don't really think this moves the needle at all. I think he'll either be a wide receiver five or four or they'll ask him to return to punt return duties like he did in his youth.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Plus if you dont think it's easier to stay healthy playing in southern california vs the northeast then I dont know what to say.
And sometimes people tend to get injured a lot more if their team sucks.
As opposed to playing for a ring. lol

Shuie3225

Starter

I just meant from a production standpoint... this guy was seriously trying to say DJax is Denario Alexander. Injurys or not you dont put them in the same sentence.

Someone who has 1,300 yards and 10 TDs in his career vs DJax who has 10,600yrds and 56TDs. It's blasphemous to compare them sorry. People need to have respect for great players that have impacted this league. Being concerned about his health is one thing, but there is no risk for us with this move.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yea because Nsimba Webster deserves a roster spot over DJax right? FOH. This guy is a proven vet that McVay knows very well after their time together in Washington. He likely got a very small contract so it's a low risk high reward signing for us. We're going to draft a rookie speed WR as well anyways.
Are u seriously telling me FOH? I hope this isn't how you react when someone doesn't agree with your opinion of the signing. Its fine if we don't see eye to eye, but keep that kinda shit outta here please. I try to discuss things respectfully and ask for the same in return. I get we are in a forum but I don't know you like that. At least take me out a few times for beers before coming on so strong goddamit

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I honestly think Goff not getting better actually hurt Everett and Reynolds in terms of their production not improving....

Imo it was exactly the opposite. Reynolds and Everett didn't improve, or not enough to ever be serious threats. Rather have Jackson than two of each of them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When he signs the papers, I hope he lights it up. That's about as plain and simple as I can make it.

He could have something left and I will go with the coaches rather than wring my hands over something I can't change.

Go RAMS!!! Go DJack!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And sometimes people tend to get injured a lot more if their team sucks.
As opposed to playing for a ring. lol
Lol yeah a tight hammy or a little tight back like Jalen Ramsey had with the jaguars can turn into something you'll play through if it matters haha

Ellard80

Legend
this is a good signing.. if still has legit speed so the defenses will have to account for him.

as long as he can stay somewhat healthy.

Shuie3225

Starter
Are u seriously telling me FOH? I hope this isn't how you react when someone doesn't agree with your opinion of the signing. Its fine if we don't see eye to eye, but keep that kinda shit outta here please. I try to discuss things respectfully and ask for the same in return. I get we are in a forum but I don't know you like that. At least take me out a few times for beers before coming on so strong goddamit

How do you expect me to take your points seriously? First you say it's a risky move. Uhh not its not. Not at all actually. Then you say well "he'll still be taking up a roster spot." We have useless players like Webster taking up roster spots, you dont think DJax is worth rostering?? I mean your arguments are terrible. Just say you dont like DJax and move on with life. It's fine, not everyone has to love every player. But dont use bullshit points that aren't true then get mad when you get called out on it. Not trying to attack you personally but come on man, this is a low risk signing and he's absolutely worth rostering.