DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Zero surprise. Warned y'all this was likely. It's not a big deal. He's not going to cost much. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt.
He will most likely get hurt is what I'm expecting. Getting flashbacks of Denario Alexander and hoping he stays healthy....is that wrong?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Still fast knows McVay’s system & took a cap friendly deal....Ladies & Gentlemen this is a good signing....Almost makes up for the Rams passing Jackson for Donnie freaking Avery years ago.
C'mon, it does not make up for that at all. Also, not going to call this a great signing. Its a TBD signing.

Shuie3225

Starter
He will most likely get hurt is what I'm expecting. Getting flashbacks of Denario Alexander and hoping he stays healthy....is that wrong?

You're comparing Djax to Denario Alexander?? Have some fucking respect for great NFL players man. He's a 3X Pro Bowler not a chump. Jesus maybe a little optimism might do you some good.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not onboard with this signing. The guys a jerk and has been stealing money in the NFL for years.

I honestly hope he got vet minimum and will not make the team. If he does I’ll root for him and hope the training staff can help keep him healthy.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
When's the damn contract amount going to be released? I want to know if I'm happy or mad at this.

Shuie3225

Starter

Malibu

Pro Bowler
All well and good but I have to wonder...

What was the point of drafting Van Jefferson if the plan was to lock in Woods and Kupp. Shouldn’t they have gone after a burner WR in round 3 last year and saved the hassle and money?
Exactly I hated it when we drafted him and I am still not convinced he amounts to much but we shall see.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A lot of hand wringing here for what could be a really nice addition. I saw this coming and I like it.... a lot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll wait for the cost. If it's vet minimum, I'm happy with the deal. I don't, however, like Jackson as a person, so I hope we draft another receiver who can be a deep threat.
*gets Jackson FatHead at midseason...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Ummm. Lol.

DeSean isn't gonna be banked on to be the guy like Denario was. Ideally all 3 starting WRs will complement each other.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'll wait for the cost. If it's vet minimum, I'm happy with the deal. I don't, however, like Jackson as a person, so I hope we draft another receiver who can be a deep threat.
Yeah, to call Desean "immature" would be an understatement. He's also posted some really stupid and really ignorant things.

In his defense though, he truly apologized (several times) and even agreed to meet with several community leaders, etc. to help him get his facts straight. Who knows, maybe he actually learned something.

As long as he can keep his mouth shut and stay healthy, I'll keep an open mind. (Two big "ifs", but here's hoping)

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You're comparing Djax to Denario Alexander?? Have some fucking respect for great NFL players man. He's a 3X Pro Bowler not a chump. Jesus maybe a little optimism might do you some good.
Yes I am comparing them when I'm strictly talking about the injury history. Don't get how comparing that to Denario Alexander is disrespectful so just calm down about that. I will literally be watching games waiting for a D Jackson injury to happen because hes an aging player that has been unfortunately injured quite often recently. Yes, he's a former 3x pro bowler and we are not getting that pro bowl player but a lesser version of him. I'm a realist and base my logic on his current past injury history. Guess you skipped the part where I said I hope he proves us doubters wrong. I'm not banking on it, but the reason I call it a TBD signing is because he's needs to make it thru the year to be considered a great signing to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
C'mon, it does not make up for that at all. Also, not going to call this a great signing. Its a TBD signing.
I posted it “almost” makes up for it & that it was a “good” signing & makes sense. Hopefully it can become great.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Disagree with the dude all you want, but please refrain from calling people names.
I'm assuming he is talking about the guy that wrote the article and not the member that posted it. It's fair game to bag on a sports writer as many have done with Foolio and the likes.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Ummm. Lol.

DeSean isn't gonna be banked on to be the guy like Denario was. Ideally all 3 starting WRs will complement each other.
I'm not saying he'll be counted on like that. Just saying like Denario, he can't seem to stay healthy. Am I wrong?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I posted it “almost” makes up for it & that it was a “good” signing & makes sense. Hopefully it can become great.
Don't worry, I'm mostly blasting our organization for drafting Donnie Avery and calling it a huge mistake that can't be made up. Hopefully Jackson can stay healthy and that there is what would make it a good to great signing. I get why the Rams did it. Doesn't mean I have to be onboard with it either. Just going to take a wait and see approach.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
All well and good but I have to wonder...

What was the point of drafting Van Jefferson if the plan was to lock in Woods and Kupp. Shouldn’t they have gone after a burner WR in round 3 last year and saved the hassle and money?

I thought Van was our second 2nd round pick. Patience bro. Let him grow and develop maybe DJax is a mentor too.