Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just saying. That tweet came fromAlbert Breer who is a reliable source and was reported from the Broncos’ side.

It just seemed to me that I was being accused of making it up or that it had zero credibility. Maybe Snead nor Jourdan didn’t have any idea that the Broncos kept Miller in the loop all week. Maybe Snead only reported to Lindsey from his own point of the negotiations.
Never accused anybody of anything. A lot of us speculated that the two trades were one that was split to two when Von had to miss last week. But in a couple interviews now Les said they were separate and only came about with him asking about Von when they were wrapping up the Young trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Never accused anybody of anything. A lot of us speculated that the two trades were one that was split to two when Von had to miss last week. But in a couple interviews now Les said they were separate and only came about with him asking about Von when they were wrapping up the Young trade.
No you didn't question it.

Wrapping up the read for Young was essentially a week from the Von Miller trade. So, Von likely was in the loop for the last week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Another one I doubt we ever get the whole story on. But does it really matter?

A lot of us would like to see ALL of the inner workings of a trade but all that really matters is the meat and potatoes. Seems a little silly to get upset over who was right about the minutia.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm saddened to hear it. Really was looking forward to prime time Von/Donald show.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sucks but rather have him 100% and help us through the playoffs.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sucks he's out tonight. Let's show him what he is a part of boys!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's hoping TLew & Oko play a good contain tonight.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
What a waste of a trade. Can't even play against the Titans. Les Snead should be fired for this.

Name
MistahTroupe
That's ok. Because so long as our Rams win today against the Titans, it means The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Donald/Floyd/Miller/Ramsey is being saved for the division game against the whiners next week.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm just kidding y'all!!! It should be known by now that I love to fuck with ya!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When you look at the relative value in trades… remember Young’s contract ends this year.. it’s not hard at all to imagine such minimal value.
The hook is that Denver was desperate for linebackers. You'd think it would be worth a little more to them than a 2024 late round draft position swap. That's nearly akin to them giving the Rams nothing. But, I guess it depends on how badly Snead needed to dump that contract. But not even a swap of 6th and 7th this year? How many 6th and 7th round picks ever make the roster of the team that drafts them. I think that is why the trade is so hard for fans to accept at face value.

It's also odd in that they traded a good young Marcus Peters for a 5th and Kenny Young. It gives the perception that Young held more value than what is similar to an extra phone call to an UDFA this year.
I think it mostly comes into play when a guy is traded away than bringing a guy in.

And I think the Rams really try to be respectful of other teams' processes for player personnel. Even if they wanna talk, we tend to be pretty circumspect about HOW we talk about the personnel side of the business.

Better that than an org that leaks like a sieve and as soon as a deal goes down, the org can't shut up.
Billy Devanney anyone? Just get some beers in him and he'll tell you anything you want to know. I wonder how many of those guys showed up had listening devices under their shirts. Its likely if any GMs were listening that they were laughing their asses off.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The hook is that Denver was desperate for linebackers. You'd think it would be worth a little more to them than a 2024 late round draft position swap. That's nearly akin to them giving the Rams nothing. But, I guess it depends on how badly Snead needed to dump that contract. But not even a swap of 6th and 7th this year? How many 6th and 7th round picks ever make the roster of the team that drafts them. I think that is why the trade is so hard for fans to accept at face value.

It's also odd in that they traded a good young Marcus Peters for a 5th and Kenny Young. It gives the perception that Young held more value than what is similar to an extra phone call to an UDFA this year.

Billy Devanney anyone? Just get some beers in him and he'll tell you anything you want to know. I wonder how many of those guys showed up had listening devices under their shirts. Its likely if any GMs were listening that they were laughing their asses off.
I just think you're over-valuing Young and over-thinking it. Remember, they had taken Kiser off the Rams PS and played him. I don't think Young was perceived as much more of a value. His biggest value to the Broncos was probably ease of transition because of basic scheme familiarity.

Psycho_X

Legend
Honestly, with our bye week coming after this next game if there is even a shred of doubt over VM's ankle being 100% they should sit him against the Whiners too. I hate to say it because I want to see him as much as everyone else but it's too good of an opportunity to get him as close to 100% as possible with the bye coming up.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Honestly, with our bye week coming after this next game if there is even a shred of doubt over VM's ankle being 100% they should sit him against the Whiners too. I hate to say it because I want to see him as much as everyone else but it's too good of an opportunity to get him as close to 100% as possible with the bye coming up.
The D front.. and the D.. weren't the problem.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I believe that dumping Young's contract was the primary goal, of course that likely doesn't come about if they didn't consider Ernest Jones ready for prime time.
Immediately following the Young trade our CAP availability was in the $4.mil range. Restructuring Havenstein even created more funds. Acquiring Von Miller didn't affect CAP as Denver agreed to pick up his tab. Today, our CAP is already down to $2.9 mil. even with the gains we made from moving Young, and this is because of the way McVay manages his Practice Squad roster. Injuries have caused several substitutions, and when practice squad players are moved up, the league requires they be paid the 53 roster minimum per game which is a sharp rise from practice squad pay, and should they be moved up for more than 3 games, it becomes a permanent increase for the entire season. Blanton, Brooks, Copeland, Double D, Hall, Howell, Koski, Rozeboom, Hawkins and probably a couple of others who I've missed have all caused unexpected extra CAP costs, and we are only half way thru the season. McVay/Demoff were basically doing their due CAP diligence by moving Young, and hopefully this leaves our shrinking CAP enough room to get us thru the season as we may not wish to repeat the process in order to come up with more funding.
jmo.

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
With the "Was the Stafford trade worth it?" thread going, it was a good time to appreciate this one too.....Miller has been a huge addition to this defense.