Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I just don't know that he's a realistic resigning. We are likely to keep OBJ because well McVay and how much OBJ loves being here. Noteboom is also a must signing. Gotta have money for the draft class and after those there's just not a lot of money left to throw around. I'd be happy beyond words if we could keep him even just for another year but I fear he's not going to be back. We may however spend a high pick on another OLB because unfortunately Lewis can't stay healthy and OBO is a free agent as well. We could see another cheap free agent OLB vet in on a prove it deal as well. Would love him back just not sure it will happen.

Hopefully Von will play at a discount to win another ring.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Handshake Good Deal GIF by Dynasty Drunks

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OBJ is a good example of how these guys can sustain this. He signs with the Rams because they have the best environment, and now if he leaves in FA with a big deal we get a round 3 pick for him.

This is a rockstar franchise man. They just do shit different and tbh I'm sort of done doubting they can make it work long term. I kind of don't care any more. :laugh4:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
OBJ is a good example of how these guys can sustain this. He signs with the Rams because they have the best environment, and now if he leaves in FA with a big deal we get a round 3 pick for him.

This is a rockstar franchise man. They just do shit different and tbh I'm sort of done doubting they can make it work long term. I kind of don't care any more. :laugh4:
For sure!!
I'm just salivating at the thought of a full season of Kupp, Woods, OBJ, Jefferson, Higs and Akers...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully Von will play at a discount to win another ring.
I think we're already hoping that with OBJ for a low cap hit heavy incentive deal. Hard to root for striking gold twice in an off season :D But yeah I agree with you. But it's also a guy who could be looking at his last big contract hypothetically. But with him that might be less likely as from what I recall he's a remarkable business man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For sure!!
I'm just salivating at the thought of a full season of Kupp, Woods, OBJ, Jefferson, Higs and Akers...
I'd love to see that but Woody will be dealt. Sorry to say. It's gonna be him or OBJ.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For sure!!
Add in a rookie back to go with Funk (I think we trade Hendo to save a bit of cap plus he can't stay healthy).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man miller can finish off games.

week 18 - gets the winning sack against the whiners. except mcvay turtle necks on offense and gives them the ball back. then a blown coverage wreaks havoc on the team.

today - strip sacks the golden boy on the bucs 30. game over with a field goal. first snap the offense gives the ball straight back with a 20 yard advantage. you can't make this shit up.

the rams have to take advantage of his big, finish the opposition off plays.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
With the "Was the Stafford trade worth it?" thread going, it was a good time to appreciate this one too.....Miller has been a huge addition to this defense.
Miller is a championship player. Our d-line is going to terrorize any QBs standing in our way.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Gonna have to decide if we want to keep OBJ or Woods.
If it's one or the other I would rather have OBJ. He gives up something to Woods in pure route running and blocking, but is a far greater red zone scoring threat.

But I want both of them.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If it's one or the other I would rather have OBJ. He gives up something to Woods in pure route running and blocking, but is a far greater red zone scoring threat.

But I want both of them.
I give Woods the edge on blocking and YAC, but I really dont know about route running. OBJ has a bigger route tree and gets more separation IMO due to his explosiveness.

But if we keep both what happens to Van? What happens to Harris, Skrow, Tutu? We have four young receivers that need to develop, so I agree we probably only should keep OBJ or Woods. I think McVay has a love affair with OBJ honestly because we know he went after him before the 2018 season. It's a tough situation to be in. But OBJ's ability better fits with Stafford, I mean look at that back shoulder throw he caught today falling out of bounds down towards the red zone. Those aren't really plays that Woods makes often. I'm sure he CAN but it's just not a huge part of his repertoire.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But I want both of them.
It depends on money with OBJ. There is some value with Woods in the sense that we can trade him. The ACL injury will hurt his value to a degree, but we should be able to get reasonable compensation. If OBJ walks, he walks. But if OBJ is asking for huge money, he's not worth it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams need to change their weapons to have the contested catch ability and bigger catch radius that will pair better with Stafford. Woody is an obvious spot to do that and save cap money.

Now if Odell walks in FA they probably just redo Woody's deal idk. But I doubt they let Odell walk.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd love to see that but Woody will be dealt. Sorry to say. It's gonna be him or OBJ.

No way.

Mark my words... we'll figure out how to retain both Woods and OBJ.

We'll also retain Von Miller.

There are questions about next year, but those aren't among them.

Book it. They coming back.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IMO .....Von Miller's performance against the Bucs alone to lift the Rams into the Championship game this Sunday should end any thought that he was not worth the price in future draft selections to have him here.

This guy still knows how to set an edge & turns everything back inside. Remarkable solid tacklng skills after all the wear & tear on his body.