Cuts/ Trades / News from around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he has had a pretty rough career so far .... there were people here who wanted him in round 1 if I remember correctly.

Who? Who would think such a thing? :cry:

The freakin Ravens can't decide if they like Zuttah. Trade him to the 9ers, resign him when he's released, then release him themselves. Make up your mind Ravens.

I'd say there's a pretty clear decision that they don't like him there. Were probably hoping they could trade him to the Whiners again for another pick. :LOL:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of injured centers, what ever happpend Kentucky C Toth??

Ram65

Legend
https://www.google.com/search?newwi...1.64.psy-ab..0.4.384...0i13i5i30k1j35i39k1.yk

John Patrick Greco, Jr. is an American football guard for the of the National Football League. He was selected in the
third round of the 2008 NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams. He played college football at the University of Toledo. Wikipedia

Born: March 24, 1985 (age 32), Youngstown, OH
Height: 6′ 4″
Weight: 315 lbs
Education: University of Toledo
Current team: Cleveland Browns (#77 / Offensive lineman)
Parents: John Greco, Melanie Greco

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/john-greco-3144/
John Greco signed a 4 year, $6,420,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including $1,300,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,605,000. In 2017, Greco will earn a base salary of $3,075,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,075,000.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/john_greco_is_back_and_ready_t.html

Greco wasn't bothered by offseason offensive line signings
BEREA, Ohio -- Browns offensive lineman John Greco saw his 2016 season end after Lisfranc surgery and, to make things worse, he watched his team spend big money on a player in Kevin Zeitler who plays his position -- right guard.

“I try not to let it bother me and it really didn’t,” Greco said on Monday. “I understand things. At that point, I was focused on getting back on the field because at that point I wasn’t. and there was really no timeframe in mind. So I was just like, hey, gotta get healthy before you can do anything else. So that was kind of my mindset.”

Greco wouldn’t put a percentage on how healthy he is, but he said being 100 percent by Week 1 is “absolutely” realistic.

It doesn’t take an advanced degree in roster management (Is that a thing?) to know, though, that Greco, at age 32 and coming off of an injury, is going to have to fight for a spot on the roster this season. Outside of signing Zeitler and extending left guard Joel Bitonio -- two spots Greco can play -- the Browns also signed JC Tretter at center, which is where Greco has spent time filling when starters have gone down.

Perhaps Greco’s stiffest competition will come from Spencer Drango, who can play both guard positions, and Austin Reiter, who showed promise at center last season in the one game he played against Washington. While Greco is older and more expensive than those two, the advantage he brings is the ability to play all three positions along the interior of the line, a luxury in the numbers-strapped world of NFL rosters.

“If you’re not a starter, versatility is everything,” Greco said. “Even when you are a starter, sometimes you’re looked as, this guy’s a starter, but he can also in a pinch play any other position.”

It’s way too early to figure out numbers, but Greco would allow the Browns to have seven offensive linemen on their 53-man roster and have all five line positions covered two deep. That will make the battle for the backup offensive line spots interesting well through August.

Greco’s feelings on the revamped line is one thing we learned about today at Browns training camp. Here are some more:

By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Injury, age and new signings made him expendable. Rams never gave him a real chance when drafted. I don't know what he has remaining in the tank. Rams can look at preseason tape.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly, but remember that Adrian Peterson ran for a ton of yardage with a torn MCL.
Adrian isn't a 300lb lineman who needs strength and leverage from his lower body. Orlosky has hardly played this preseason because of this injury.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Adrian isn't a 300lb lineman who needs strength and leverage from his lower body. Orlosky has hardly played this preseason because of this injury.
True. That is why I started my response with the word "possibly".
And I think you would be closer to the truth if you said he doesn't need as MUCH strength and leverage from his lower body.
A running back definitely needs strength and leverage from his lower body just not immediately on the snap across from a 300-pound lineman.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would you pick him up right now if you were Rams and GM and if so who would you drop?

Probably not. He had some major technical issues and confidence issues coming out. Vikings tossed him into the fire too early. I don't think you're going to be able to fix him. And if you can't fix him, he's not a guy you want anywhere near the field. At best, I'd sign him after the season to try and develop him during the off-season and camp.