Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
I just recently had Covid. I was released by my county health department just yesterday. I may have been lucky, but my experience was not bad. I only ran a fever for probably a total of three hours. In all honesty, I have had colds that were 10x worse than my case of Covid. I am very active and play basketball and run, but am a little overweight. I do also take about 5 different supplements daily. Not sure if those affected it or not, but I am sure it did not hurt.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just recently had Covid. I was released by my county health department just yesterday. I may have been lucky, but my experience was not bad. I only ran a fever for probably a total of three hours. In all honesty, I have had colds that were 10x worse than my case of Covid. I am very active and play basketball and run, but am a little overweight. I do also take about 5 different supplements daily. Not sure if those affected it or not, but I am sure it did not hurt.
Glad to hear it didn't get bad for you. Cheers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My family is struggling on Thanksgiving plans. We would be about 25 people - coming from 5 different cities - with 4 of those people being over 75.

I don’t know what the right thing to do is. Do we exclude them? Potentially expose them? Cancel it? It hasn’t been an easy choice.
Personally, I think if you do it safely - constant hand washing, limit or eliminate hugging, face masks where needed, try to keep distancing, etc... It would probably be fine. But that to me is a personal decision made by each involved - not the government.

Bye the way, we are struggling with the same thing. My parents own a pretty big spread so we will likely try to make it work.

Ellard80

Legend
Dunno I got the flu once and couldn't go to Thankgiving...

It was awesome - stayed at home playing x-box while the wife went to her the in-laws....

Now I wouldn't trade in Covid for that experience but my point For many of us we dream of being able to get out of family holidays.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Dont you love how the definition of quarantine has changed from detaining or isolating an infected (or suspected of being infected) person, group or "thing" in order to prevent spread to our current version?
It's gone from isolating a few in order to protect the whole, to isolating the whole to protect a few.

Yep.

And don't you love how we are on about Day 180 or so of "15 days to flatten the curve"?

Or how about how subtly and seamlessly "infections" replaced "deaths" as the most important metric once the rate of the latter dropped, as if an infection is an automatic death sentence.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My family is struggling on Thanksgiving plans. We would be about 25 people - coming from 5 different cities - with 4 of those people being over 75.

I don’t know what the right thing to do is. Do we exclude them? Potentially expose them? Cancel it? It hasn’t been an easy choice.
I see two options if i put myself in your place.

A) Invite everyone if you feel yourself and immediate family is in no danger...and whomever shows up is responsible for their own lives because they're informed adults.

B) Invite no one and quarantine yourselves.

Would you prefer that State government mandate to you what to do in your own home regarding Thanksgiving?

Public lockdowns, public mask mandates, public max capacity ordinances etc...that stuff is aggravating(to me) but i get it. It's precautions. It's semi-scientific. It's the right thing to do. It's REASONABLE.

I can't believe i'm living in a world where one wouldn't take issue with these particular Cali mandates. It's lunacy. Sheep herding nonsense. It's beyond UNREASONABLE.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FFS. Can we just stop acting like this is the goddamn black plague? It has a 99% survival rate. It's not like leprosy where if you get into contact with someone, your fucking face will fall off. In most cases you have to get a test to even know if you have it or had it. 8.66M people have contracted it, and that number's only going to grow. It's inevitable. No matter what you do. States that took drastic measures against this are still spiking. But here's the good news. 5.65M people have already recovered, and THAT number is gonna keep growing. And that 220,000 dead from Covid stat is complete and utter bullshit. We all know it. The CDC estimated that about 177,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 flu season, from either the flu itself or by complications of pneumonia. And now we have doctors questioning LOUDLY why they're being asked to code deaths with Covid instead of the reason why the person died in the first place -- THE COMORBIDITY. No doctor ever had to list influenza as a cause of death. But now they have to list Covid as the cause? Why? Some of us know the reason.

Afraid to be in contact with people? Then stay home. Go broke. Lose your car, your house (or rental), your livelihood, lose everything. Because you might catch a virus that likely won't kill you. Or, you could get sick. Are you afraid to get sick? I'm not. Even if I end up with "long covid", that's a risk I'm not only willing to take, but HAVE to take. The Government isn't going to supplement my annual income. The Government isn't going to pay my mortgage or my car note. They're not gonna put food on my table. "But people are dying!" Yeah, no shit. People died from the flu too. Did you give a shit? People die every day from heart attacks, emphysema, diabetes, obesity, liver disease, cancer, infections, etc. Did you give a shit? No. Now a virus comes around that kills (too), and all of a sudden everyone is Mother Theresa? The fuck outta here. Just follow your State and local mandates and go about your business. This shit won't last forever. 323M+ people in this Country, not 300,000. So stop parroting that number like it's wiping out humanity. It's a fucking blip compared to the amount of people who die in this Country annually. 2.8 Million. And we don't close down shit.

Done with this retarded thread.

Done with it.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I see two options if i put myself in your place.

A) Invite everyone if you feel yourself and immediate family is in no danger...and whomever shows up is responsible for their own lives because they're informed adults.

B) Invite no one and quarantine yourselves.

Would you prefer that State government mandate to you what to do in your own home regarding Thanksgiving?

Public lockdowns, public mask mandates, public max capacity ordinances etc...that stuff is aggravating(to me) but i get it. It's precautions. It's semi-scientific. It's the right thing to do. It's REASONABLE.

I can't believe i'm living in a world where one wouldn't take issue with these particular Cali mandates. It's lunacy. Sheep herding nonsense. It's beyond UNREASONABLE.
Just my 2 cents...

I live here in CA, and I sure don’t get the sense that ppl think of these Newsom statements as anything more than “guidelines”.

Singing and shouting are “strongly discouraged.” Gatherings of more than four families are “strongly discouraged.”

Just out of curiosity, I tried to find any language regarding penalties, and I can’t find any. I also didn’t see the word “mandate.” I only saw words like “rules” or “guidelines.”

Scientists are worried that family gatherings over the holidays will supercharge the virus spread. So the CA Governor talks about “guidelines” for family gatherings— but IMHO Californians know full well that there won’t be any legal consequences from violating these guidelines. I don’t think anyone here is worried that the cops are gonna be running patrols on Thanksgiving ready to bust in and say, “There’s four families here and not three, so it’s time to haul off to jail.”

Again, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
How ‘bout LISTEN.
Can’t speak for others, but I’ve definitely heard and taken in a lot of differing opinions on this thread. -X- and 1328 are examples of two guys I tend to disagree with, but I “get” their POV.

Cheers Ram Bro’s, I don’t wanna get sucked back in to this thread, so carry on...

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Done with this retarded thread.

Done with it.

giphy.gif

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Well imho we have locks downs because of and or lack of proper testing nation wide.

And because that lack of nationwide from the get go,States are gonna do,what they're gonna do.

Is this right ah heck no and we have the worst numbers in the World to prove it.

Btw do I feel for those who are going to be separated from loved ones, O yeah .But much much more of my thoughts go to the ones that have loved ones,no longer here, Today tomorrow, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc etc etc.....

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Well with all the negative BS, with record numbers in Canada Europe going to heck for the most part and it seems the cold making things worse.

The FDA has Approved a drug called Veklury as part of a treatment ., I believe it was 1 of the drugs the Pres took.

You must be at least 12 and weight 88lbs or 40 k.

Hopefully this is only the beginning of some positive news.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People die every day from heart attacks, emphysema, diabetes, obesity, liver disease, cancer, infections, etc.

1603447211471.png

and let's not forget the biggest killer of all - abortions.

every year 50 million babies are killed through abortions.

does that stop people of having unprotected sex? obviously not.

does cumming inside a women feel so good that it's worth killing a baby? it seems like yes for millions of people.

i mean all they have to do is pull out and blow their load over the woman. it's not that hard. alas, that 30 seconds of pleasure/pain is worth a life for millions of men around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.