Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I see two options if i put myself in your place.

A) Invite everyone if you feel yourself and immediate family is in no danger...and whomever shows up is responsible for their own lives because they're informed adults.

B) Invite no one and quarantine yourselves.

Would you prefer that State government mandate to you what to do in your own home regarding Thanksgiving?

Public lockdowns, public mask mandates, public max capacity ordinances etc...that stuff is aggravating(to me) but i get it. It's precautions. It's semi-scientific. It's the right thing to do. It's REASONABLE.

I can't believe i'm living in a world where one wouldn't take issue with these particular Cali mandates. It's lunacy. Sheep herding nonsense. It's beyond UNREASONABLE.

It's a good demonstration of how hard it is to get back even a little freedom once you give it up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The CDC estimated that about 177,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 flu season, from either the flu itself or by complications of pneumonia.
JFC. Guess I’ll “show my work” considering someone wanted to come behind and fucking snipe me with misinterpretations of what I said here.

from either the flu itself or by complications of pneumonia. Read it again. The CDC never made a public announcement about this number, but you can count it yourself from data on its site if you know how to use math and read data. I never said “died from the flu”. Died from what people are dying from now is what that means. Complications from a virus that exacerbates comorbidities.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
FFS. Can we just stop acting like this is the goddamn black plague? It has a 99% survival rate. It's not like leprosy where if you get into contact with someone, your fucking face will fall off. In most cases you have to get a test to even know if you have it or had it. 8.66M people have contracted it, and that number's only going to grow. It's inevitable. No matter what you do. States that took drastic measures against this are still spiking. But here's the good news. 5.65M people have already recovered, and THAT number is gonna keep growing. And that 220,000 dead from Covid stat is complete and utter bullshit. We all know it. The CDC estimated that about 177,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 flu season, from either the flu itself or by complications of pneumonia. And now we have doctors questioning LOUDLY why they're being asked to code deaths with Covid instead of the reason why the person died in the first place -- THE COMORBIDITY. No doctor ever had to list influenza as a cause of death. But now they have to list Covid as the cause? Why? Some of us know the reason.

Afraid to be in contact with people? Then stay home. Go broke. Lose your car, your house (or rental), your livelihood, lose everything. Because you might catch a virus that likely won't kill you. Or, you could get sick. Are you afraid to get sick? I'm not. Even if I end up with "long covid", that's a risk I'm not only willing to take, but HAVE to take. The Government isn't going to supplement my annual income. The Government isn't going to pay my mortgage or my car note. They're not gonna put food on my table. "But people are dying!" Yeah, no shit. People died from the flu too. Did you give a shit? People die every day from heart attacks, emphysema, diabetes, obesity, liver disease, cancer, infections, etc. Did you give a shit? No. Now a virus comes around that kills (too), and all of a sudden everyone is Mother Theresa? The fuck outta here. Just follow your State and local mandates and go about your business. This shit won't last forever. 323M+ people in this Country, not 300,000. So stop parroting that number like it's wiping out humanity. It's a fucking blip compared to the amount of people who die in this Country annually. 2.8 Million. And we don't close down shit.

Done with this retarded thread.

Done with it.

image_2020-10-23_092255.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well imho we have locks downs because of and or lack of proper testing nation wide.

And because that lack of nationwide from the get go,States are gonna do,what they're gonna do.

Is this right ah heck no and we have the worst numbers in the World to prove it.

Btw do I feel for those who are going to be separated from loved ones, O yeah .But much much more of my thoughts go to the ones that have loved ones,no longer here, Today tomorrow, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc etc etc.....
Once again... The US does NOT have the worst numbers in the world AND we have by far the most testing.

You are merely echoing a narrative that is flat out untrue and intended to deceive.

We are also reporting deaths from covid in ways many countries are not.

Countries like Belgium and Spain have far worse numbers of death per capita and England is right there with us.

The fact that we have huge numbers of cases is a DIRECT RESULT of the FACT that we have more and better testing than almost every other nation in the world.

But of course, those with such great hindsight will continue to say that we should have done far more, shut the whole country down for much longer than we already did, we should have had more testing earlier, etc... While ignoring that we were doing more than any other country and having to make up for an almost complete depletion of supplies from the last pandemic.

So while we have been largely shut down, and even though those shut downs haven't stopped the virus, we are supposed to bow to the infinite wisdom of these bozos that have been wrong all along. Including bozos that were so brilliant that they basically signed death warrants for thousands of elderly in the early stages.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW... The UK started contact tracing pretty early. Worked pretty well for them - eh?

The problem is that experts STILL don't understand transmission patterns and amounts of exposure that go into passing on this NOVEL virus.

So where contact tracing has worked for other illnesses, it has been virtually useless with this one.

NY tried contact tracing and it was an utter joke.

So can we stop with this idea that we should have been doing it all along and that is another failure of leadership?.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Once again... The US does NOT have the worst numbers in the world AND we have by far the most testing.

You are merely echoing a narrative that is flat out untrue and intended to deceive.

Countries like Belgium and Spain have far worse numbers of death per capita and England is right there with us.

The fact that we have huge numbers of cases is a DIRECT RESULT of the FACT that we have more and better testing than almost every other nation in the world.

But of course, those with such great hindsight will continue to say that we should have done far more, shut the whole country down for much longer than we already did, we should have had more testing earlier, etc... While ignoring that we were doing more than any other country and having to make up for an almost complete depletion of supplies from the last pandemic.

So while we have been largely shut down, and even though those shut downs haven't stopped the virus, we are supposed to now to the infinite wisdom of these bozos that have been wrong all along. Including bozos that were so brilliant that they basically signed death warrants for thousands of elderly in the early stages.
I'm not gonna keep going with this. I've posted true numbers again and again ,with several post being deleaded.

What's the Sense of responding ?

We have the Highest Numbers in Deaths and on Infections, Period.

Believe it or not I know for a fact,S Korea Russia and China have done more testing.

He'll we have 495 times the Death Rate and 78 times the mortality rate than S.Korea

When both Countries found out the same day. Btw love saying to myself with my eyes rolling,hey S Korea .It's Great your doing better than Us.

Now I'm not looking for attention, agrue with folks I've seen posting, respected for 10 plus years,just post Facts, Not some BS from a Perfectionist of putting Lipstick on a Pig.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just my 2 cents...

I live here in CA, and I sure don’t get the sense that ppl think of these Newsom statements as anything more than “guidelines”.

Singing and shouting are “strongly discouraged.” Gatherings of more than four families are “strongly discouraged.”

Just out of curiosity, I tried to find any language regarding penalties, and I can’t find any. I also didn’t see the word “mandate.” I only saw words like “rules” or “guidelines.”

Scientists are worried that family gatherings over the holidays will supercharge the virus spread. So the CA Governor talks about “guidelines” for family gatherings— but IMHO Californians know full well that there won’t be any legal consequences from violating these guidelines. I don’t think anyone here is worried that the cops are gonna be running patrols on Thanksgiving ready to bust in and say, “There’s four families here and not three, so it’s time to haul off to jail.”

Again, just my 2 cents.
Maybe you can better define for us words like mandatory, must, and prohibited.

For you to come up with this as somehow excusing the mandates is ridiculous.

A restaurant was fined when a govt official walked in, sat down, and tried to order food. The manager told him they were only allowed to provide food for take out. The brilliant and helpful official then cited and fined the restaurant for having its doors open even though no one was in the restaurant and it was a very hot day.

Try to find that fine structure or specific violation in your "guidelines" and "suggestions".

Yeah. I'm sure families can ignore these mandates without some jack wagon govt employee saving the day by citing them.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
O btw love the Flu numbers, and the season starts when ?

Nov thru Feb,for the most part, Hello.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not gonna keep going with this. I've posted true numbers again and again ,with several post being deleaded.

Believe it or not I know for a fact,S Korea Russia and China have done more testing.

He'll we have 495 times the Death Rate and 78 times the mortality rate than S.Korea

When both Countries found putthe same death.

Now I'm not looking for attention, agrue with folks I've seen posting, respected for 10 plus years,just post Facts, Not some BS from a Perfectionist of putting Lipstick on a Pig.
I don't know of any of us deleting your posts in THIS thread. But if one of us did it was for overtly going political.

I find it funny that you refer to correcting your misinformation as a "Perfectionist of putting Lipstick on a Pig".

I'll just leave that there.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I don't know of any of us deleting your posts in THIS thread. But if one of us did it was for overtly going political.

I find it funny that you refer to correcting your misinformation as a "Perfectionist of putting Lipstick on a Pig".

I'll just leave that there.
I'm Not Political, I fully believe both Parties Have F%$# Up.

I fully believe things got deleted because someone else is. Maybe someone did it for other,sorry didn't get the courtesy post has why.

Btw my misinformation, ah no,that's not why I brought up Ms.Piggy and lipstick

I'll post my faults clearly and honestly. I'm a Zealot for keeping Folks alive and I'm a Zealot for protecting our Elders, disables etc etc.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm Not Political, I fully believe both Parties Have F%$# Up.

I fully believe things got deleted because someone else is. Maybe someone did it for other,sorry didn't get the courtesy post has why.
Not sure exactly what this means but mokay.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Not sure exactly what this means but mokay.
Come on, but here.

It means I'm not Political and I didn't get a response..

Now Going to put myself in Covid 19 timeout, I really need it lol.

Peace Out.503.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come on, but here.

It means I'm not Political and I didn't get a response..

Now Going to put myself in Covid 19 timeout, I really need it lol.

Peace Out.503.
Can't tell you what it would have been then..

Peace man

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My family is struggling on Thanksgiving plans. We would be about 25 people - coming from 5 different cities - with 4 of those people being over 75.

I don’t know what the right thing to do is. Do we exclude them? Potentially expose them? Cancel it? It hasn’t been an easy choice.
Possibly let people make a choice to attend?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So while we have been largely shut down, and even though those shut downs haven't stopped the virus, we are supposed to bow to the infinite wisdom of these bozos that have been wrong all along. Including bozos that were so brilliant that they basically signed death warrants for thousands of elderly in the early stages.

Disparaging the facts makes USA look horrible internationally and to a certain political party. Honesty isn’t a trait many see as part of integrity these day, or so it seems. Thanks a lot MSM

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Disparaging the facts makes USA look horrible internationally and to a certain political party. Honesty isn’t a trait many see as part of integrity these day, or so it seems. Thanks a lot MSM
Disparaging the US in general seems to be a direction many in this country and in the "news" media are all too happy to go. It's pretty disgusting honestly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

When both Countries found out the same day. Btw love saying to myself with my eyes rolling,hey S Korea .It's Great your doing better than Us.

And.... There's lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics. The idea that you buy numbers from China and Russia is pretty great.

Where's this vaccine Putin approved 2 months ago? Why are international bodies reporting huge spikes in Russia? Why are even 70% of Russians saying they wouldn't take the vaccine if offered? What news do you buy out of China? The human incinerator stories or the ones coming from their citizen killing government?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
And.... There's lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics. The idea that you buy numbers from China and Russia is pretty great.

Where's this vaccine Putin approved 2 months ago? Why are international bodies reporting huge spikes in Russia? Why are even 70% of Russians saying they wouldn't take the vaccine if offered? What news do you buy out of China? The human incinerator stories or the ones coming from their citizen killing government?
I've posted I'm out.

All I can is I'm a numbers guy and could easily explain,

Not gonna do it cause I think I'm highly misunderstood.

And many here feel like I'm the enemy, when all I'm saying is if we would have done better from the get go, this Shit wouldn't be happening now..

I can prove numbers again and again, it's my forte, but it seems I've offended many numbers Time and time that are 100 percent accuracy, yet get blasted. Time for me to Relax Bro.

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I love loving in a rural town where we don't have all these requirements, but when I go to a city, I never know if I have to order food curbside pickup or go in or what.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone

And again you moved away from the question. You posted the US has done the most testing, I posted BS.Prove It.

I posted we have the worst numbers while only having 4.2 of the population . Prove me wrong Post It.

I have seen numbers like 177 died because of the FLU BS, of 45 Mill plus cases of the Flu in 2017 18 only 61 thou died and 2018 of 35 plus mill cases 34.2 thou died.Why why why would anyone post Flu numbers when it doesn;t start till December lmmfao.

Again we have the highest numbers in the world Because ?

Lord if 46 mill people got got the the Flu and 61 thou died and 8 or 8.5 mill got Covid with 220 thou plus died it tells you everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.