Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As regards your use of the word "had", it was challenging to figure out what the heck you were implying
I wasnt implying anything. Thats the problem. My point is entirely straight forward. The initial goal was to flatten the curve, and that happened. Clear as day, April to July, curve flattened.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You're right. It's sad you're right, but you're right.

Edit: Had a phone appt with one of my Drs and upon hearing my symptoms, they told me to immediately self isolate pending the test results.

I got them in one day at the VA, but my county needs a week, so... yeah. So far only runny nose, scratchy and sore throat and body aches. Wearing a mask inside now as is my youngest who had the fever.

We'll see how this goes...
Stay strong my friend.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at my post 2 posts above

if you had bothered to actually read my post you would have seen that i said you were confusing the daily chart with the cumulative chart. the daily chart coming down a little is not flattening the curve. for the curve to be flattening the daily chart should be heading towards zero cases a day, not 20,000 new cases a day.

now look at the chart i posted again. that's the cumulative chart. as you can see the curve didn't get anywhere near to flattening.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if you had bothered to actually read my post you would have seen that i said you were confusing the daily chart with the cumulative chart. the daily chart coming down a little is not flattening the curve. for the curve to be flattening the daily chart should be heading towards zero cases a day, not 20,000 new cases a day.

now look at the chart i posted again. that's the cumulative chart. as you can see the curve didn't get anywhere near to flattening.

You don’t understand the concept of flattening the curve.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just thought to cool the argument by adding this...

"...This prompted Berlingske, the country’s oldest newspaper, to complain that Danes had positioned themselves “to the right of Trump.”

“The whole world is wearing face masks, even Donald Trump,” Berlingske pointed out.

This apparently did not sit well with Danish health officials. They responded by noting there is little conclusive evidence that face masks are an effective way to limit the spread of respiratory viruses.

“All these countries recommending face masks haven’t made their decisions based on new studies,” said Henning Bundgaard, chief physician at Denmark’s Rigshospitale, according to Bloomberg News.

Denmark is not alone..."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“In epidemiology, the idea of slowing a virus' spread so that fewer people need to seek treatment at any given time is known as "flattening the curve.”

Last edited by a moderator:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“In epidemiology, the idea of slowing a virus' spread so that fewer people need to seek treatment at any given time is known as "flattening the curve.”

i fully understand the the meaning of flattening the curve. the curve actually has to flatten.

you seem to be under the impression that getting the number of new cases down to 20,000 per day falls into the description of the quote you just posted. it doesn't.

please, for my sake, just highlight on the chart below where the curve is flattening.

1596758144690.png

Last edited by a moderator:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Just thought to cool the argument by adding this...

"...This prompted Berlingske, the country’s oldest newspaper, to complain that Danes had positioned themselves “to the right of Trump.”

“The whole world is wearing face masks, even Donald Trump,” Berlingske pointed out.

This apparently did not sit well with Danish health officials. They responded by noting there is little conclusive evidence that face masks are an effective way to limit the spread of respiratory viruses.

“All these countries recommending face masks haven’t made their decisions based on new studies,” said Henning Bundgaard, chief physician at Denmark’s Rigshospitale, according to Bloomberg News.

Denmark is not alone..."

Well, well...well well

I agree with the Euros here, and have all along

Where I work we have thee most Himmler of Mask Nazis in supervising HR, Mack would be proud :biggrin: (pulling for you, but we all know what a tough ol goat you are)

Every morning the past month, sign in confirming temp check, thanks Gavin!

4 people within 2 days just test positive

So quack, quack, quack to the mask nazis, ya best understand hands to mouth is alive and well, and it only takes one breakdown, did they sign in at work with the same pen even tho they’re not supposed to, did they wipe down the thermometer, shit...did they wipe down each door knob they passed through?

One thing is 100% certain...they were all wearing masks

So what now?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i fully understand the the meaning of flattening the curve. the curve actually has to flatten.

you seem to be under the impression that getting the number of new cases down to 20,000 per day falls into the description of the quote you just posted. it doesn't.

please, for my sake, just highlight on the chart below where the curve is flattening.

View attachment 38044

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I went to Shakers Village today and it was epic, and I decided to give my immune system a few laps around the track.

Shaker Village is this Shaker establishment 5 miles south of my new spread so I knew the first time I heard of it, I had to visit this place with my wife and son.

So we get there and it’s perfect weather, like 82, nice humidity, the place was all historic dating back to the early 1800’s, it’s on 3000 acres on the Kentucky river. Horseback riding is 10 bucks, river access. It was awesome.

The place wasn’t crowded at all so there was lots of space to move around. Nobody was crowding anyone and on the paths you’d just pass to either side of someone if they were coming the opposite way. So we walked past couple wearing masks. And then a family with two kids in branded masks. I kept seeing people strolling around wearing masks in perfect 82 degree weather with a wonderful breeze on tree line paths in an bucolic wonderland that wasn’t crowded in the slightest, the more I saw this the more I thought how foolish it all was. Like for real. On just an operational basis. It makes no sense.

So we have a reservation at this cool restaurant that is 1820’s old colonial building. We had to scan the menu on our phones which I thought was very Orwellian to say the least, but then realized I always complain about dirty menus so I was okay with it - until I realized I had left my reading glasses in the car. Anyway, they walk us into a classic dining room that would normally have triple the amount of tables, but now only have 4 tops on each of the corners. Which was trippy and off putting to even to someone who by nature appreciates people keeping their distance. The symmetry of the whole thing struck me as rather Orwellian. The lack of error or imperfection. But then I realized I suffered from compulsive disorders and sitting in the corner and being able to see everyone in my eye-line was actually soothing to my restless mind.

Then the busboy came into the room in a face shield you’d buy on U-line in the hardhat section of the catalog . And I was like does he think someone’s gonna huck a loogie in this face? I mean, it looked like a motorcycle windshield to me or a self-imposed dog cone. So he picks up the dirty dishes and goes off and comes back with a spray bottle with an ominous yellow liquid, like some flashing warning sign, and he sprays it all over the table - but not like we used to do in more normal times with the windex, you know, a couple of squiezes will do - but that wasn’t the case here nor do I suspect anymore. Cause this dude like empties half the bottle on the table,— I can still see the giant waves of mist bouncing off the table tops and into the air and circulating the room. Not sure if there were Covd-19 droplets in the room but I am damn well sure I inhaled whatever 409 is on steroids. Long story longer, this dude with a face shield rolls back in after 5 minutes and finally wipes the table off. And i thought, “whoa, so that’s what it says on the label, empty half the bottle on a small table and then walks off, leaving glistening puddles on the surface for 5 minutes ” I mean it was overkilling poor overkill. And I thought this maniacally sterilized world vision was rather Orwellian. But then I realized I was a sorta a germaphobe so when I go out to eat, i’m glad everyone is ensuring i’m not stuck with the last tables Human residue See I’m not really a germaphobe in the sense I am afraid of germs and getting sick but more because I don’t want to be that intimate with you. That’s all. I have invested a lifetime with the only person I want to swap germs with, my wife. You know what I mean?

Anyway
So I enjoyed myself. And my immune system had the chance to get back out on the track.

I grabbed handles and didn’t disinfect with sanitizer. I ate at the restaurant without a mask like I would have in let’s say... 2007. I decided I was gonna stop reminding myself I am alive but instead forget about that and just live. Maybe I’ll get Covid-19. Maybe I already have it. Who knows. I don’t go telling the world when I bump my knee or catch a cold, so why am i having to let you know if i get a flu? I never did before. And you never asked. Maybe those conditions were the secret ingredient to a healthy society, maybe those consequence of catching a killer virus is what it’s always been for every human body that’s ever walked this earth. and that with our human mind we overcome the restrictions and limitations of the body and learn to love more. And we learn this from experience.

I realized I sounded like a nut jon.

And then I realized I sounded like the nut jobs everyone is denouncing in the YouTube videos as Karen’s or what not, and my normal mainstream mind was now siding with those portrayed now as selfish villains for not to comply with wearing masks.

And I realized this was all Orwellian, and the madness of it being so overrides my personal preference for cleanliness and space.

I liked it the way it was.
When people were sloppy as fuck and never washed their hands. Like what you see in an airport bathroom. That person who clearly took a whiz and didn’t wash his hands. Cause Back when things were normal, I could look at them and shake my head and say “look at how gross that is” and open the door with my elbow.

But those good times are gone. Now all you fuckers are acting like me. Like neurotic frightened freaks.

By the way stop saying “trust the science.”

I’m gonna tell you something about trusting the science. OJ. Yeah, that OJ. Labs couldn't even follow procedure on the basic protocols of handling blood samples. I mean that’s in your job description, and you fucked that up. Scientists aren’t heroes people. If anything we must all come together on this one simple fact. Scientists are not only not heroes but they are often sloppy as hell. Sorry to all you Ram brothers in the Science world, I’m in the art commerce so it’s wholly different. But science is unreliable by it’s nature. I mean the earth was once flat. People didn’t know about germs not too ling ago. Scientists love “theories.” It’s always “theories” with you scientists. I remember chemistry. It was a bunch of “experiments.” An experiment is just trying to prove a guess. Farthest thing from trustworthy I know. Anyway, nobody ever mentions how these scientists are all different too, like personality wise, and how their theories are often linked to their personal beliefs and customs - so talk about politics, and picking sides, it’s baked in with science.

Anyway, it was fun to be outside.

With people.

shaker village, harrodsburg ky
C0844CBC-CB39-4C7F-B3D8-6BA4622BB741.jpeg

Birdseye view
BC5A8B2B-9156-4593-8085-052338316BCF.jpeg

Me going peter tosh legalize it
1D06071F-71E8-4B7E-89C1-2F8E72A518FA.jpeg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went to Shakers Village today and it was epic, and I decided to give my immune system a few laps around the track.

Shaker Village is this Shaker establishment 5 miles south of my new spread so I knew the first time I heard of it, I had to visit this place with my wife and son.

So we get there and it’s perfect weather, like 82, nice humidity, the place was all historic dating back to the early 1800’s, it’s on 3000 acres on the Kentucky river. Horseback riding is 10 bucks, river access. It was awesome.

The place wasn’t crowded at all so there was lots of space to move around. Nobody was crowding anyone and on the paths you’d just pass to either side of someone if they were coming the opposite way. So we walked past couple wearing masks. And then a family with two kids in branded masks. I kept seeing people strolling around wearing masks in perfect 82 degree weather with a wonderful breeze on tree line paths in an bucolic wonderland that wasn’t crowded in the slightest, the more I saw this the more I thought how foolish it all was. Like for real. On just an operational basis. It makes no sense.

So we have a reservation at this cool restaurant that is 1820’s old colonial building. We had to scan the menu on our phones which I thought was very Orwellian to say the least, but then realized I always complain about dirty menus so I was okay with it - until I realized I had left my reading glasses in the car. Anyway, they walk us into a classic dining room that would normally have triple the amount of tables, but now only have 4 tops on each of the corners. Which was trippy and off putting to even to someone who by nature appreciates people keeping their distance. The symmetry of the whole thing struck me as rather Orwellian. The lack of error or imperfection. But then I realized I suffered from compulsive disorders and sitting in the corner and being able to see everyone in my eye-line was actually soothing to my restless mind.

Then the busboy came into the room in a face shield you’d buy on U-line in the hardhat section of the catalog . And I was like does he think someone’s gonna huck a loogie in this face? I mean, it looked like a motorcycle windshield to me or a self-imposed dog cone. So he picks up the dirty dishes and goes off and comes back with a spray bottle with an ominous yellow liquid, like some flashing warning sign, and he sprays it all over the table - but not like we used to do in more normal times with the windex, you know, a couple of squiezes will do - but that wasn’t the case here nor do I suspect anymore. Cause this dude like empties half the bottle on the table,— I can still see the giant waves of mist bouncing off the table tops and into the air and circulating the room. Not sure if there were Covd-19 droplets in the room but I am damn well sure I inhaled whatever 409 is on steroids. Long story longer, this dude with a face shield rolls back in after 5 minutes and finally wipes the table off. And i thought, “whoa, so that’s what it says on the label, empty half the bottle on a small table and then walks off, leaving glistening puddles on the surface for 5 minutes ” I mean it was overkilling poor overkill. And I thought this maniacally sterilized world vision was rather Orwellian. But then I realized I was a sorta a germaphobe so when I go out to eat, i’m glad everyone is ensuring i’m not stuck with the last tables Human residue See I’m not really a germaphobe in the sense I am afraid of germs and getting sick but more because I don’t want to be that intimate with you. That’s all. I have invested a lifetime with the only person I want to swap germs with, my wife. You know what I mean?

Anyway
So I enjoyed myself. And my immune system had the chance to get back out on the track.

I grabbed handles and didn’t disinfect with sanitizer. I ate at the restaurant without a mask like I would have in let’s say... 2007. I decided I was gonna stop reminding myself I am alive but instead forget about that and just live. Maybe I’ll get Covid-19. Maybe I already have it. Who knows. I don’t go telling the world when I bump my knee or catch a cold, so why am i having to let you know if i get a flu? I never did before. And you never asked. Maybe those conditions were the secret ingredient to a healthy society, maybe those consequence of catching a killer virus is what it’s always been for every human body that’s ever walked this earth. and that with our human mind we overcome the restrictions and limitations of the body and learn to love more. And we learn this from experience.

I realized I sounded like a nut jon.

And then I realized I sounded like the nut jobs everyone is denouncing in the YouTube videos as Karen’s or what not, and my normal mainstream mind was now siding with those portrayed now as selfish villains for not to comply with wearing masks.

And I realized this was all Orwellian, and the madness of it being so overrides my personal preference for cleanliness and space.

I liked it the way it was.
When people were sloppy as fuck and never washed their hands. Like what you see in an airport bathroom. That person who clearly took a whiz and didn’t wash his hands. Cause Back when things were normal, I could look at them and shake my head and say “look at how gross that is” and open the door with my elbow.

But those good times are gone. Now all you fuckers are acting like me. Like neurotic frightened freaks.

By the way stop saying “trust the science.”

I’m gonna tell you something about trusting the science. OJ. Yeah, that OJ. Labs couldn't even follow procedure on the basic protocols of handling blood samples. I mean that’s in your job description, and you fucked that up. Scientists aren’t heroes people. If anything we must all come together on this one simple fact. Scientists are not only not heroes but they are often sloppy as hell. Sorry to all you Ram brothers in the Science world, I’m in the art commerce so it’s wholly different. But science is unreliable by it’s nature. I mean the earth was once flat. People didn’t know about germs not too ling ago. Scientists love “theories.” It’s always “theories” with you scientists. I remember chemistry. It was a bunch of “experiments.” An experiment is just trying to prove a guess. Farthest thing from trustworthy I know. Anyway, nobody ever mentions how these scientists are all different too, like personality wise, and how their theories are often linked to their personal beliefs and customs - so talk about politics, and picking sides, it’s baked in with science.

Anyway, it was fun to be outside.

With people.

shaker village, harrodsburg ky
View attachment 38043

Birdseye viewView attachment 38046

Me going peter tosh legalize it
View attachment 38045

1596764483958.png

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
@XXXIVwin

simple question that’s been sort of gnawing at me

yes or no will do, no need for an essay length explanation

If Fox News IS Faux News;

Is CNN non biased?
Is MSNBC non biased?

Seriously, look at their Anchors.... over 60% literally represent a tiny fraction of America...ain’t no biased there, lol...does this make me a racist...a...whatever phobe...Or ....just telling it like it is

Again, yes or no? Do they cover both sides of the aisle with equal bias? Of course they don’t

And if they are and I’m counting on your integrity, how does that make them any different than “Faux”

And for Christ sake, please spare me “extenuating angles” they all serve an agenda

My man, this is a business with these assholes

You want to exit here I get it , but you kind of owe us after all your “level headed...lol” responses
a take on just whom in Cable Fucking News isn’t biased, and IS a trusted news source.

Good Luck

“but I’ll repeat myself, at the risk of being crude”

I don’t trust ANY of them, they all serve a stupid agenda

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
@XXXIVwin

simple question that’s been sort of gnawing at me

yes or no will do, no need for an essay length explanation

If Fox News IS Faux News;

Is CNN non biased?
Is MSNBC non biased?

Again, yes or no?

And if they are and I’m counting on your integrity, how does that make them any different than “Faux”

And for Christ sakes, please spare me “extenuating angles” they all serve an agenda

My man, this is a business with these assholes

You want to exit here I get it , but you kind of owe us after all your “level headed...lol” responses
a take on just whom in Cable Fucking News isn’t biased, and IS a trusted news source.

Good Luck

“Ill repeat myself, at the sake of being crude” I don’t trust any of them, they all serve a stupid agenda
Stop trying to reel me back in, dude! I almost made it 24 hours without posting!

No can do on the simple “yes” or “no”, either. Sorry man. Maybe I’ll send ya an “essay-length explanation” by PM sometime. Also, this question obviously touches on politics big-time, so I’m reluctant to say what I really think.

I also think there is a huge difference between Fox daytime “journalism” programming, and Fox prime time “opinion” programming. Plenty of daytime guys who actually make an effort to live up to that “fair and balanced” motto, guys like Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, and the recently departed Shep Smith. But the prime time lineup of Ingraham, Carlson, and Hannity is... different.

But if you’re just looking for the simplistic answer, yes, of course there is a liberal bias on MSNBC, and also on CNN.

But as I’ve said before, both the substance and tone of the bias on prime time Fox are IMHO extreme. Fox often resorts to deliberate attempts to mislead, and glaring omissions of crucial facts.

Hannity regularly introduces a clip by announcing something like, “Let’s see what this no-good, lying, crooked, socialist whack job has to say.” That kind of blatant demonization is less common on other networks.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Just let me interject this here. When I first arrived in AZ at the start of April, people here simply ignored masking. I and a handful of others were normally all that wore masks. The COVID count began to spike out of control. So they instituted a mandatory mask policy. Now the curve is actually declining. Coincidence? Not when that has been the case countrywide. Now when I go out it's a small minority of mask cowboys that refuse to wear masks. But this shows how effective it can be when the guidelines of masking and social distancing are adhered to by the vast majority.

Can we simply put politics aside and simply all adhere to policies that have been proven to work? We need to work this out as a united country the virus doesn't care if your left or right it's an equal opportunity killer. My buddy Ron who died from the virus was a die-hard Trumper who only began wearing a mask when CA mandated it. He was angry because others weren't wearing masks and coughing around him. A few weeks later he's dead from COVID 19. Up to that time he was wearing N95 masks that I had leftover from my work and had sent him a couple of boxes. But he ran out and had to wear a cloth mask which helps prevent someone who is infected from spreading it but not so much from preventing infection from those around you. His death proves my point.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hannity regularly introduces a clip by announcing something like, “Let’s see what this no-good, lying, crooked, socialist whack job has to say.” That kind of blatant demonization is less common on other networks.
No it's not. It's exactly the same on other networks. For nearly 4 years we got a trial by television with 'expert panels' advancing the same bullshit narrative about *someone* being a Russian operative, a traitor, a rapist, a racist, and on and on and on - in as many words. And by transitive law, anyone who supports that person is de facto the same things. like @flv intimated, all cable news networks are straight up garbage. I can't watch any of them for more than 5 minutes. "Expert panels" of completely agenda-driven asshats spewing their biased tomfuckery with no recourse at all. 24 hour cable news is the single worst thing to ever come out of technology. With social media running a close second.

Anytime I hear anyone say, "Well, CNN said.." or "I heard on FOX...", my eyes roll up into the top of my head. Aside from very few notable exceptions, journalism is dead. And it didn't even die peacefully. It got hit by a train.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL no not even close it's headline grabbing attention whoring they all do.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Cable news is dogshit, no offense to dogshit. It's a big, televised foodfight that is designed for ratings, not to inform. I don't care if it's Vannity, Uncle Rachel on MSNBC, Tater Selter on CNN, it's almost all shit.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Curious where some of you posters get your news and information?

What sources, if any, do you trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.