Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is where we are going.

Not only are your different opinions aggressively suppressed by Big Tech, you can also lose your job for publicly expressing it:

That is some fucked up shit. What happened to the 1st Amendment?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That is some fucked up shit. What happened to the 1st Amendment?

Well, some will argue that it's technically not a violation of the first amendment, which - in that technical sense - they are correct.

But it sure as hell is a violation of the spirit of it. And it shows the lengths some entities will go through to suppress anything regarding potential benefits of HCQ for treating Covid and punishments for those guilty of wrongthink.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, some will argue that it's technically not a violation of the first amendment, which - in that technical sense - they are correct.

But it sure as hell is a violation of the spirit of it. And it shows the lengths some entities will go through to suppress anything regarding potential benefits of HCQ for treating Covid and punishments for those guilty of wrongthink.
Here's what I don't get about that video being serial deleted across the internet, and their website being deleted by its host, SquareHost. The reason being given by "big tech", during that hearing, is that it has harmful information. Harmful. Information. Setting aside how even more dangerous it is to wield that kind of discriminatory power, somebody has to tell me why the Henry Ford Health System's same exact claims and findings are allowed to remain on the internet.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Here's what I don't get about that video being serial deleted across the internet, and their website being deleted by its host, SquareHost. The reason being given by "big tech", during that hearing, is that it has harmful information. Harmful. Information. Setting aside how even more dangerous it is to wield that kind of discriminatory power, somebody has to tell me why the Henry Ford Health System's same exact claims and findings are allowed to remain on the internet.

It stinks to high heaven. But it is puzzling. The people that do such things seem to forget the human spirit. They seem to think these kind of actions will actually work but they never do in the end because we, as a whole, are not sheep. We fight for freedom in all forms and will not be controlled in the end. Yes, many will blindly follow what they are told because it is the easy path but there will always be enough that will peel back the onion to expose the truth. I'd imagine this kind of crap never ends.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Birx is now advocating for face shields because it protects you from contracting the disease, whereas the mask protects others. So there are two separate applications with this virus. Her words.

So here’s my takeaway from that.

1. Didn’t face shields protect us back in March? Why advocate for them now and not then? You knew that the eyes were vulnerable then.

2. If masks are only for protecting others, then you’re admitting that they don’t protect ME from others. So if I get screened going into a building, and I’m not exhibiting symptoms, then why do I need it? Everyone else is also screened. Asymptomatic transmission isn’t proven science.

3. Fuck you. I’m not wearing a shield.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Fast Forward to March 2021

THE ENCAPSULATED SUIT
By Dieter the Brock
On sale now

You tired of face masks and shields and immune systems that don’t full protect you from this Chinese Virus? Fight back today with the
new Dieter The Suit

* Advantages
The upside of a full encapsulated suit is “xtreme” free balling — that mean as a man you can comfortably go no trou, no boxers, no shirt.

* Personal Expression
Imagine the marketing possibilities:
You can get way more graphics on them. A mask is limited to what you can put on. Imagine the licensing deals with Disney and the NFL. We can charge $1500 for the full Kansas City Chiefs edition. For the kids we can have it all Frozen’d out with Olaf.

* Comes with free lubricant to avoid chaffing in vital areas

FORE SALE NOW!

The Cleveland Browns model - $1200
3B2E49EF-FF48-4B8D-9E71-0C978CE14055.jpeg

(Green rubbers not included)

Olaf Edition - $900 kids, $1500 adults

F0E7DB39-8DA5-4EEE-BCCE-D2F90CB98156.jpeg

* Animal Print suits available soon in The Fourth Wave

PM me for investment opportunities

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Birx is now advocating for face shields because it protects you from contracting the disease, whereas the mask protects others. So there are two separate applications with this virus. Her words.

1. Didn’t face shields protect us back in March? Why advocate for them now and not then? You knew that the eyes were vulnerable then.

2. If masks are only for protecting others, then you’re admitting that they don’t protect ME from others. So if I get screened going into a building, and I’m not exhibiting symptoms, then why do I need it? Everyone else is also screened. Asymptomatic transmission isn’t proven science.

If masks and shield and social distancing and washing hands protect you and others from why is it supposed to be so incredibly dangerous to send kids to school?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

THE ENCAPSULATED SUIT
By Dieter the Brock
On sale now

You tired of face masks and shields and immune systems that don’t full protect you from this Chinese Virus? Fight back today with the
new Dieter The Suit

* Advantages
The upside of a full encapsulated suit is “xtreme” free balling — that mean as a man you can comfortably go no trou, no boxers, no shirt.

* Personal Expression
You can get way more graphics on them. A mask is limited to what you can put on. Imagine the licensing deals with Disney and the NFL. We can charge $1500 for the full Kansas City Chiefs edition. For the kids we can have it all Frozen’d out with Olaf.

FORE SALE NOW!

View attachment 37880

View attachment 37881

I used to be on a Hazmat/ Confined space rescue team. I’ve had to suit up in a Level 1 suit with SCBA a few times. I can no longer do it because I started getting too stressed out in a suit you cannot get out of on your own short of finding a knife and cutting your way out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I know, right? He works for trump :zany:
Yeah, I figured it was one of those “ keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer” moves. Crafty devil that Trump.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yeah, a shield is ridiculous. No country has needed to go that far.

If masks and shield and social distancing and washing hands protect you and others from why is it supposed to be so incredibly dangerous to send kids to school?

Have you ever worked in a school? I don't think people realize how intimate it's really gotten and multiply it by 6-7 hours a day, for 200 some odd days. Then compound it with the regular sickness like cold, flu, etc.

In elementary, they promote team and group work so much now. They have tables with 4-7 kids, maybe more if it's something like art. They routinely do "buddy" stuff with their classmate and the younger group often meets with 4th and 5th graders to team up. All in pretty small classrooms.

In middle and high, when you travel do you remember how congested the halls got? Imagine if person had the rona there.

Plus you're expecting a kid to wash your hands. I can't tell you how many times I pointed to a sink to a kid as old as in third grade to wash their hands after peeing. It's gross. You don't think kids will take off or trade masks that have some fun design, or chew on them?

I think in theory what you're saying sounds good, but actually executing it and expecting it to work is flawed. I am in favor of opening up schools for the lower income, no internet, no meal demographic. If you live in an affluent suburb, you can distance learn.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

Have you ever worked in a school? I don't think people realize how intimate it's really gotten and multiply it by 6-7 hours a day, for 200 some odd days. Then compound it with the regular sickness like cold, flu, etc.

In elementary, they promote team and group work so much now. They have tables with 4-7 kids, maybe more if it's something like art. They routinely do "buddy" stuff with their classmate and the younger group often meets with 4th and 5th graders to team up. All in pretty small classrooms.

In middle and high, when you travel do you remember how congested the halls got? Imagine if person had the rona there.

Plus you're expecting a kid to wash your hands. I can't tell you how many times I pointed to a sink to a kid as old as in third grade to wash their hands after peeing. It's gross. You don't think kids will take off or trade masks that have some fun design, or chew on them?

I think in theory what you're saying sounds good, but actually executing it and expecting it to work is flawed. I am in favor of opening up schools for the lower income, no internet, no meal demographic. If you live in an affluent suburb, you can distance learn.
And I think every person in every walk of life has had to make the same adjustments you’re talking about. They're smart and responsible for educating our. Holder I have the utmost confidence in these smart people to make it work like everybody is trying and expected to do.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And I think every person in every walk of life has had to make the same adjustments you’re talking about. They're smart and responsible for educating our. Holder I have the utmost confidence in these smart people to make it work like everybody is trying and expected to do.

I think it will be harder at the elementary level just to enforce it. They can implement all the protocol in the world, ultimately you'll be asking fluid filled 5-10 year olds to not get to close over and over again. Maybe in the classroom that would work to a certain extent, but cafeteria? Playground? Good luck.

Older kids would be easier since they don't have recess or anything. Phase the traveling between classes to avoid congestion in the halls, be more lenient on arriving late. Masks at all times. It will suck though either way.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think it will be harder at the elementary level just to enforce it. They can implement all the protocol in the world, ultimately you'll be asking fluid filled 5-10 year olds to not get to close over and over again. Maybe in the classroom that would work to a certain extent, but cafeteria? Playground? Good luck.

Older kids would be easier since they don't have recess or anything. Phase the traveling between classes to avoid congestion in the halls, be more lenient on arriving late. Masks at all times. It will suck though either way.
In my area they're cancelling recess and eating lunch in the classroom because they know that won't work.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I figured it was one of those “ keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer” moves. Crafty devil that Trump.
Lol! Then he must be real close friends with all the OTHER people who told him he was wrong before he fired them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Yeah, you are not going to be able to open schools and operate like you were before all of this. You have to adapt, even change your teaching methods. Group projects won’t fly. Individual performance will have to be the norm again like it should be anyways. Teachers will find out quicker which kids need help in a hurry. The kiddos can learn about teamwork and sharing from mom and dad this year. Admin will have to get out and about in the school more than normal too. Everybody will have to work harder. That’s for sure.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm the dumbest guy around and even I was asking about the eyes way back. The people giving us all advise on how to deal with covid are total flip floppers. I don't trust them anymore.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
As Americans we are allowed to be liberal with our views. We also have the responsibility to behave responsibly when representing others.

We have been given more than enough information to be responsible for ourselves as well as our families. And enough information for the respect of others regarding this disease. I have my approach to this without compromising myself or others. Mask comfort was a complicated problem for me but have resolved that with great success without compromising any objective.

I am in cruise control with this and let others lose their shit when their belief is not recognized. I am very confident two things will happen and this will become a made for TV movie by next summer.

1) A successful pre-admission to a hospital therapeutic will be approved by the late fall. Think TheraFlu.

2) A vaccine will be introduced by early to late winter that it appears 60% will take it, 20%, will not, and 20% are undecided. I crunch those numbers and believe by late spring 80% will be vaccinated.

We decided with great regret to opt out of this years tickets just last evening. I already have written off this year and will look forward to next. I just can't see the state of California allowing any size groups any time soon to save a season. Flu season is around the corner and we are due for another miss for that vaccine which will hype this whole thing up. I hope not but our last miss was in 2016-17 and we miss the right vaccine every four or five years it seems.

Wishing all good health and sanity.

We will overcome this also.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

THE ENCAPSULATED SUIT
By Dieter the Brock
On sale now

new Dieter The Suit

* Advantages

* Personal Expression

FORE SALE NOW!

View attachment 37880

View attachment 37881

Bill Belicheck has the approval from the NFL for the Patriots to be the only team allowed to wear this protection:
rBVaWFy-yPmAGos5AASIEKKXzqU342.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.