Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Many buildings have temp check as you enter - so for me it’s a factor of how often I enter a bldg.

In an ideal world, we wouldn’t need mandates - we would be able to trust people to be responsible. Maybe the mandates backfire to that extent. Maybe more people would wear them when needed if they weren’t forced to.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I just don't like blanket mask policies in places or situations where it makes very little sense to wear one - especially if you're able to distance yourself from others.

I concur, seems better just to have all of you ensure to stay 6 feet apart and not wear the mask for the ability to breath properly....I have noticed that men doing road work are not donning the masks or they have it lowered to their necks, while doing the physical work, not sure why your group can't follow a similar policy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In an ideal world, we wouldn’t need mandates - we would be able to trust people to be responsible. Maybe the mandates backfire to that extent. Maybe more people would wear them when needed if they weren’t forced to.

I disagree and will never understand that why someone would not do, what is asked. Do they go through red lights, because you're supposed to stop? Do those same people, try to go over a bridge that is closed? Sometimes rules are put in place to protect the masses and being prior military and fighting for freedom, I still have a hard time understanding.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I concur, seems better just to have all of you ensure to stay 6 feet apart and not wear the mask for the ability to breath properly....I have noticed that men doing road work are not donning the masks or they have it lowered to their necks, while doing the physical work, not sure why your group can't follow a similar policy.
Yeah, we are. I got the policy changed at that plant, and I've already emailed the useful idiots in our Corporate offices to adhere to their voluminous safety guidelines when issuing new mandates. It's in there, clear as day, that we cannot put ourselves in situations that we recognize as dangerous to our health (which is why we have JHA's). So I outlined why cutting off our own oxygen supply is dangerous. I even threw in that study that I'm sure none of them will read. lol. I hope they skip to the conclusion like I did.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, we are. I got the policy changed at that plant, and I've already emailed the useful idiots in our Corporate offices

Good Lord, I hope the people who e-mail me, don't feel that way. ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good Lord, I hope the people who e-mail me, don't feel that way. ;)
lol. Nah, I'm sure they feel you're the salt of the earth.

We just have so much bloat at the top, it's borderline ridiculous. For instance, there are 7 of us that are responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of 2000 elevators (do the math). To manage this army of employees, we have a branch manager, 3 account reps, a regional manager, district manager, safety auditor, regional safety manager, and 2 sales managers. It's the old adage. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
lol. Nah, I'm sure they feel you're the salt of the earth.

It's the old adage. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Salt or I've been known to pepper some gumbo. Anyway, I have always had the honor of starting towards the bottom of any organization and worked my way up, I believe that makes a ton of difference.

To me, it's much easier to get buy in...For example, in the military I started off as enlisted and then became an officer (Branded Mustang Term) but I never had issues getting a group or squadron to follow once they saw all the combat service ribbons....IMO, I'm sure you would feel better communicating with somebody that actually has done the job before even if it was several years ago.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm sure you would feel better communicating with somebody that actually has done the job before even if it was several years ago.
100%. There are, currently, three 25-29 year old females in management (over our branch) that have only the experience of riding in an elevator. Nothing more. Sure, a degree in something, probably, but that's it. They cannot possibly relate to anything any of us have to go through in terms of labor force, labor hours needed to complete a task, working conditions, knowledge of the equipment... nothing like that. And I'm not pointing out their gender as a slight, in as much as pointing out that there are zero females in the field in this particular trade, so they can't relate. My immediate Supervisor has 30+ years experience in the field, so he knows. He sympathizes. He can relate. But he can't do anything about anything, because the people above him (the inexperienced) call all the shots.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We have our temps checked at nursing homes, the thing about that is I haven't had a fever the entire time I've been sick. It has been a learning experience that's for sure. My cousin has a co-worker that has tested positive and none of her symptoms match my symptoms. She had a fever, difficulty breathing and no sore throat, I had no fever, the worst sore throat ever and nausea.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Given that, in many localities, police won't do anything, I wouldn't blame you if you reacted more forcefully this couple did.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Given that, in many localities, police won't do anything, I wouldn't blame you if you reacted more forcefully this couple did.

lol, I actually deleted my post for the greater good of our ROD community

but yeah, not gonna stand by while my family gets maced by a freaking lunatic

ehh...not gonna happen...gender and age at that point becomes irrelevant

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
lol, I actually deleted my post for the greater good of our ROD community

but yeah, not gonna stand by while my family gets maced by a freaking lunatic

ehh...not gonna happen...gender and age at that point becomes irrelevant

Edited mine on your behalf ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gotta ask Mack, so in your ideology wearing a mask (a cloth freaking mask) trumps social distancing?

Let alone shouting through that, that cloth mask.

Unless I’m reading this wrong, that’s pretty much what you just insinuated

Nah, I wear a surgical mask and suggest others do as well. And cloth masks without minimum social distancing leads to higher risks. Not as high as no mask, but certainly higher than surgical mask and social distancing

Part of why I say “sports is the crucible in which we distill human virtue” is that there are few pure moments in life that groups of people are involved in.

those pure moments in sport show us what is possible.

Is any mass moment pure? Probably not. I don’t think that’s the point.

And whether it’s a Tea Party rally a few years back or BLM now, there are always gonna be people there who aren’t there for the purest of reasons.

I think that’s just part of mass gatherings.

I just wanna get through this without losing any family or friends or myself... and watch some football.

And don’t worry, we’ll soon be dancing around eviction crisis marches/rallies and then it’ll be something else. And that’s a good thing. I’d rather see passion than apathy, even if I disagree strongly.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
lol. I don't know how I missed this. I need to read more closely, I guess. I find it amusing (to say the least) that you actually assign mask virtuousness to one group - presumably because of the cause - and find irresponsibility with another - presumably because of the cause. I don't know what protests you're watching, but that's not what's happening (following guidelines). But hey, at least everyone is having a good time in the name of (whatever).

View: https://twitter.com/vashon_photo/status/1286487094291030016

Yeah, that’s bad. And I wasn’t assigning any virtue to one group, per se. One of the reasons the open carry folks said they were out is to show opposition to a “tyrannical government” and equate mask wearing to that. It was part of why they were marching.

I’ll just say this broadly: if ANY gathering has people in close proximity and they are not remotely taking any precautions, then it’s bad. When it comes to COVID-19, I’m anti-COVID-19 first.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Somebody maces me while I'm eating without a mask? As it was a woman no ass beatings would be involved but the cops and lawyers would be.

Bump that. She’d be nursing a massive knot on her noggin before she could get the second squirt off...

Chivalry dies when I’m getting maced by a Karen...

Status
Not open for further replies.