Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Speaking of masks where the hell are they all going and whats the plan of destroying them? I see masks allover the damn sidewalk and make there way into street gutters. Now there going into the ocean. I’m sure the majority of these masks are not biodegradable. And since these masks are filthy they become biohazardous.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Twitter is abuzz with the Florida errors - much of which seems to be people suggesting that intentional errors were put out there to cause fear and now we know COVID is nothing to worry about.

I’m not sure I’m relieved just yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Twitter is abuzz with the Florida errors - much of which seems to be people suggesting that intentional errors were put out there to cause fear and now we know COVID is nothing to worry about.

I’m not sure I’m relieved just yet.
I wouldn't be quick to assign motives, but it's not an isolated incident of juicing numbers either, so...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It isn’t? I must be missing news. Educate me, please.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

First of all, thank you for sending these. while I was familiar with some of the ‘news’, I hadn’t seen any of these.

my initial thoughts on them-

#1. looks like the correct number of cases were reported - the discrepancy was that the cases came over 2 days and not 1 day as had been reported. The stats were right, the timeframe was wrong?

#2. The mixing of the results of the two types of tests drove down the positive rates making our results look better than they actually were. So juicing the stats to make the outbreak look more benign than it was?

#3. Cmon man. Read this and tell me that this is a news story. I know there were some issues with how to tally deaths that didn’t have a confirmed test, but gimme a break with Dwight D. Weidman.

#4. A private lab had a crappy test that showed false positives and so they threw out or retested. Where is the juicing the stats? If anything - this tends to show integrity in trying to get the numbers right.

#5. This is just explaining that if you have Covid and you die, they call it a Covid death. Even if you got hit by a bus. I get that. In a perfect world, we would have better stats - but I don’t think they have time to autopsy all of these deaths - i think it’s reasonable to code these deaths as Covid deaths as long as the disclaimer about how they are counting them is out there.

Are you thinking any of this is tending to show that the numbers are being “juiced”? That medical professionals across the nation are actively trying to make Covid appear more dangerous than it really is? And if so, why?

bluecoconuts

Legend
5. This is just explaining that if you have Covid and you die, they call it a Covid death. Even if you got hit by a bus. I get that. In a perfect world, we would have better stats - but I don’t think they have time to autopsy all of these deaths - i think it’s reasonable to code these deaths as Covid deaths as long as the disclaimer about how they are counting them is out there.

I’m like 90% sure that her words are being taken out of context. It makes no sense to me that they would list getting hit by a bus.

However, if someone dies in the hospital and they had several things, they may have actually succumb to a different infection, but if they had Covid, rather than see what it was, they’re just saying Covid and moving on.

Which makes a lot more sense than something as ridiculous as “oh this guy got shot in the face but had Covid, obviously the Covid killed him and not the bullet that sent his brains into the kitchen.”

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’m like 90% sure that her words are being taken out of context. It makes no sense to me that they would list getting hit by a bus.

However, if someone dies in the hospital and they had several things, they may have actually succumb to a different infection, but if they had Covid, rather than see what it was, they’re just saying Covid and moving on.

Which makes a lot more sense than something as ridiculous as “oh this guy got shot in the face but had Covid, obviously the Covid killed him and not the bullet that sent his brains into the kitchen.”

the bus thing was mine ...

Here is what she said.

Essentially, Dr. Ezike explained that anyone who passes away after testing positive for the virus is included in that category.

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1f84e8aa-f85d-4db3-b62f-23e91191ffd2-jpeg.35932

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are you thinking any of this is tending to show that the numbers are being “juiced”? That medical professionals across the nation are actively trying to make Covid appear more dangerous than it really is? And if so, why?
My man, false information is false information - under-reporting or over-reporting. And it's only the things that are being reported that I'm showing you. You can't honestly believe that those are the only instances, or only people who get caught are botching the numbers. I can inundate you with videos of physicians stating (irately in most cases) that they were compelled to list the cause of death as COVID, even if the patient's comorbidity was the actual cause. In other words, people should die from it, even if it was just "with it". I don't want to flood this page with stuff like that right now, but it's easy enough to find. If you're worried about sources, then you can just as easily visit the CDC's website and see for yourself. The guidelines urged using information from COVID-19 testing, where possible, but also allow for deaths to be listed as “presumed” or “probable” COVID-19 based on symptoms and the best clinical judgment of the person filling out the death certificate (citation).

Do I think it's a vast conspiracy? No. Do I think the numbers - on the whole - are suspect? Of course. Because they are. And the media is seizing on high numbers to push a narrative. That much I do believe. And if the numbers - like in Florida - are incredibly high and then are discovered to be false (or even falsified), then what's your conclusion? That medical professionals across the nation are just that inept? Because it's highly unlikely Florida would have corrected their false numbers of their own volition. It took mostly amateur investigative journalism to get them to correct their mistake. "Oops", is hardly an acceptable response when an entire economy is basically hinging on accurate information.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
My man, false information is false information - under-reporting or over-reporting. And it's only the things that are being reported that I'm showing you. You can't honestly believe that those are the only instances, or only people who get caught are botching the numbers. I can inundate you with videos of physicians stating (irately in most cases) that they were compelled to list the cause of death as COVID, even if the patient's comorbidity was the actual cause. In other words, people should die from it, even if it was just "with it". I don't want to flood this page with stuff like that right now, but it's easy enough to find. If you're worried about sources, then you can just as easily visit the CDC's website and see for yourself. The guidelines urged using information from COVID-19 testing, where possible, but also allow for deaths to be listed as “presumed” or “probable” COVID-19 based on symptoms and the best clinical judgment of the person filling out the death certificate (citation).

Do I think it's a vast conspiracy? No. Do I think the numbers - on the whole - are suspect? Of course. Because they are. And the media is seizing on high numbers to push a narrative. That much I do believe. And if the numbers - like in Florida - are incredibly high and then are discovered to be false (or even falsified), then what's your conclusion? That medical professionals across the nation are just that inept? Because it's highly unlikely Florida would have corrected their false numbers of their own volition. It took mostly amateur investigative journalism to get them to correct their mistake. "Oops", is hardly an acceptable response when an entire economy is basically hinging on accurate information.

Am I wrong to read the Florida thing this as a mistake in reporting the percent positive? There were actually 15,000 new positive cases and there were actually however many deaths (recognizing a Covid death means someone died with a positive Covid diagnosis) - the problem was that the negative test results weren’t being reported. the data looked like 15,000 people had tested positive on 15,000 tests when in fact 15,000 people had tested positive on 150,000 tests or something like that?

And btw - I agree the numbers are suspect - they almost have to be. There are just too many cases, no uniform protocol, and humans are always prone to error - especially in chaotic situations. I just interpreted “juicing” as something nefarious.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of masks where the hell are they all going and whats the plan of destroying them? I see masks allover the damn sidewalk and make there way into street gutters. Now there going into the ocean. I’m sure the majority of these masks are not biodegradable. And since these masks are filthy they become biohazardous.

It will give new life to the greenies. They need something to complain about again. They feel left out with all this virus talk in the media.

bluecoconuts

Legend
the bus thing was mine ...

Here is what she said.

Essentially, Dr. Ezike explained that anyone who passes away after testing positive for the virus is included in that category.

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Mariposa county tested the waste water there and found covid in it. For those who don't know where it is, its where Yosemite Park is. So visitors are going to Yosemite with covid? Dang, if it ever finds a way to get in our tap water we're screwed. There would be no point to any of these measures trying to prevent the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.