Cooper Kupp Trade Rumors

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Nobody is safe from being traded on a 2-4 team, but this is getting absurd. KC, PIT, and now DET have been suggested as suitors for Kupp.
Not that I buy any of these rumors but just looking at who's "connected"......
What type of pick are we talking? 2nd? 3rd? If it was KC that would be from #58 - 62. Likewise with Detroit. Kinda dumb to take a pick in practically the third round! Or 4th round if you're getting a late third. I'd demand a 1st (#28 - 32) and if not, fuck off!

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Well K.C. is off the list of potential trade partners.
KC was never on the serious list, imo, if their criteria were accurately reported by Russini which is dubious. I could believe she heard from someone's assistant that a call had come in & Kupp's name was mentioned. I'd bet that kind of speculative info-gathering communication happens all the time between GMs. Not the same as a substantive negotiation at all.

And why would KC be out of this fantasy-team-building BS speculation ? Surely Hopkins AND Kupp would be a combo fans would like.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nobody is safe from being traded on a 2-4 team, but this is getting absurd. KC, PIT, and now DET have been suggested as suitors for Kupp.

All because of some gossip printed by Russini, afaik.

NO ! I am Spartacus.....
If she is right what they're doing is looking for teams who are willing to take on significant chunk of his salary. Which means the typical contenders are out, as many of them won't be willing or able to do that.

If we do move him I prefer it's somewhere he'll get the playoffs and a chance at a ring. Because he's the kind of player who significantly increases a team's chance.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
If she is right what they're doing is looking for teams who are willing to take on significant chunk of his salary. Which means the typical contenders are out, as many of them won't be willing or able to do that.

If we do move him I prefer it's somewhere he'll get the playoffs and a chance at a ring. Because he's the kind of player who significantly increases a team's chance.
Not that I care about this Hedda Hopper nonsense enough to check, but my impression is that the salary issue was purportedly a KC thing, not LAR. Wtf do The Rams care about cap space right now ? It's money already spent and they aren't a FA away from contending that they need to make room for.

If the Rams are putting out feelers, it's preliminary, barring something spectacular.

I think it sends a terrible message to the locker room if they move him now, but if LAR waits until the last moment, ie after the SEA game, to move him if at all & only IF LAR loses both games & is pretty much waiting for the fork.

Then I think they'll share your feeling, as would most of us; a generous gesture to a great Ram; give him a chance to have a Chris Long-like Indian Summer & get some more rings while shaving dead money off next year's budget & some draft capital for next year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not that I care about this Hedda Hopper nonsense enough to check, but my impression is that the salary issue was purportedly a KC thing, not LAR. Wtf do The Rams care about cap space right now ? It's money already spent and they aren't a FA away from contending that they need to make room for.
If KC wanted him but couldn't make the deal work because the Rams wanted them to take on salary, then it means the Rams want to clear cap. Why that is the case I have no idea. I don't waste my time on the cap stuff even though I recognize it sometimes drives decision making.

The Rams seem to have standards though wrt the cap. Some of the players they have jettisoned related to them making more than their production warranted. Woody would probably still be a Ram if he hadn't wanted to get paid. Getting paid and not living up to it is a good way to get pushed off this roster. But I don't know what they'd be clearing cap space for unless they are looking at specific targets in FA or something.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
If KC wanted him but couldn't make the deal work because the Rams wanted them to take on salary, then it means the Rams want to clear cap. Why that is the case I have no idea. I don't waste my time on the cap stuff even though I recognize it sometimes drives decision making.

The Rams seem to have standards though wrt the cap. Some of the players they have jettisoned related to them making more than their production warranted. Woody would probably still be a Ram if he hadn't wanted to get paid. Getting paid and not living up to it is a good way to get pushed off this roster. But I don't know what they'd be clearing cap space for unless they are looking at specific targets in FA or something.
Well, I guess they would more likely roll it over for next year, but I'm with you on the cap stuff; it makes my head hurt & is seldom the obstacle fans/bonus fans think it will be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am always skeptical of anything Russini reports. She admits that she gets most of her information secondhand from teams telling her what other teams are up to.

This could be a serious possibility or just like when teams ask for the Rams top players every year. Snead always entertains these discussions and he usually sets a high asking price.

Personally, I want Kupp to stay in a Rams uniform. His value goes beyond what he does on the field.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Detroit? Those are a lot of teams that are calling, lots of teams that need wide receiver help.

dang

Legend
Rams are Buyers now!! Not Sellers!! Now we need to put together a giant bake sale/car wash/raffle to raise some serious money.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Rams are Buyers now!! Not Sellers!! Now we need to put together a giant bake sale/car wash/raffle to raise some serious money.
If we beat Seattle next week, maybe we can trade for Earnest Jones...offer our 3rd.