Combine Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Anyone else think we’ll draft a wr with a higher pick this year? Love Kupp but he’s too expensive and injury prone at this point. This class is stacked.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else think we’ll draft a wr with a higher pick this year? Love Kupp but he’s too expensive and injury prone at this point. This class is stacked.
I did a mock with exactly that last week and it got one person to reply to it :D

I'm starting to think more and more that one of our first 2 picks if not our first pick is a WR. Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey in the 1st Wilson, Corely or Pearsall in the 2nd. I just have a feeling McVay will want a weapon for Stafford.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I did a mock with exactly that last week and it got one person to reply to it :D

I'm starting to think more and more that one of our first 2 picks if not our first pick is a WR. Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey in the 1st Wilson, Corely or Pearsall in the 2nd. I just have a feeling McVay will want a weapon for Stafford.
You and @LA_vision are not alone in your thinking.

Thought WR was very thin before Robinson re-signed but still think a player needs to be added to the group.

I can't imagine Kupp and Nacua playing 17 games. These two take a lot of hits after the catch. Even Nacua was on the injured list several weeks, and had a number of "limited" practices. Love the versatility Robinson provides but both he and Atwell will be free agents in 2025. I like McConkey a lot but love Roman Wilson.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
BTW Xavier Worthy is fast
So is Troy Franklin. Who should be there at 19. And if he's not there then a great defensive player or OT will be.

Dude is a bean pole but he was used underneath so heavily at Oregon he doesn't shirk from contact and handles himself well there. Good wheels. Good all around and has speed. Oh and he's 6'3" as well. He's probably in play for us if McVay is hell bent on adding speed right away.

Combine workout

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ada5dM2xqQw

Highlights

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sye6AbNHSAc

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So is Troy Franklin. Who should be there at 19. And if he's not there then a great defensive player or OT will be.

Dude is a bean pole but he was used underneath so heavily at Oregon he doesn't shirk from contact and handles himself well there. Good wheels. Good all around and has speed. Oh and he's 6'3" as well. He's probably in play for us if McVay is hell bent on adding speed right away.

Combine workout

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ada5dM2xqQw

Highlights

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sye6AbNHSAc

I'll pass on the bean poles him and Worthy. Give me Brian Thomas Jr, Mitchell or McConkey if we take one at 19.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You and @LA_vision are not alone in your thinking.

Thought WR was very thin before Robinson re-signed but still think a player needs to be added to the group.

I can't imagine Kupp and Nacua playing 17 games. These two take a lit of hits after the catch. Even Nacua was on the injured list several weeks, and had a number of "limited" practices. Love the versatility Robinson provides but both he and Atwell will be free agents in 2025. I like McConkey a lot but love Roman Wilson.
Wilson there in the 2nd you think maybe?

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
They had a deep corner drill which they said is one of the hardest throws for a QB and McCarthy killed it dropped all 3 throws right in the bucket.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you like Pearsall or Polk in the 2nd? or do like Wilson better than those guys?
Pearsall is one I listed above that I think McVay would like that but I do like Wilson more but Polk for me at least is close with a little extra meat on his bones and being fast as well.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I wonder if by some miracle Bowers dropped close to our pick if McSnead could resist trading up? I know I couldn't:laugh2:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if by some miracle Bowers dropped close to our pick if McSnead could resist trading up? I know I couldn't:laugh2:
Would be a weapon like a WR that I could see him being unable to pass up.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly think that trading Cooper Kupp should be on the table, especially if you can get a first-round pick for him, but even if you only get a second, you have to consider it with this deep receiver class.

Why? Because I truly feel that Kupp's best football is behind him. He's always been injury-prone, and this year, he was truly ineffective. He wasn't bad, but he was also not nearly close to how good he was even last year (had less receptions, yards, and touchdowns in more games played than last year.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame

If Les and mcvay wasted a 2nd on a prospect like tutu, ignoring a wr in this class would be criminal.