OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wait.......wut?
Last off-season, Rams' fans had to deal with a ton of negative reporting about McVay taking big-$ for a TV gig, Donald retiring because he had done it all and Stafford’s elbow being a major, season-long problem.

And that was after winning a Lombardi!

This offseason will be more of the same shit, except it will be neck, spine and retirement talk for Stafford.

These guys will eventually move on but, until then, we will (unfortunately) be stuck with a lot of negative (again, if you’re a Rams’ fan) conjecture and speculation as a regular part of Rams' reporting.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is the way I look at it, I'm sure Peyton likes Los Angeles so there is that and if McVay did actually retire or step away from the game, I'm sure Peyton whether we like or not, would be on the short list. Overall I'm not concerned because IMO, I don't believe McVay would walk away from a losing record plus IMO, the acquition of Baker Mayfield has IMO rejuvenated McVay for the rest of this season.

Big win for the Chargers last night as IMO, Staley will have to make post season and win one game to stay, otherwise the Chargers might make a change based on the fact that Peyton is available. Again I don't see him coming to the Rams, but that might be the scuttlebutt until this season is finally over.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Last off-season, Rams' fans had to deal with a ton of negative reporting about McVay taking big-$ for a TV gig, Donald retiring because he had done it all and Stafford’s elbow being a major, season-long problem.

And that was after winning a Lombardi!

This offseason will be more of the same shit, except it will be neck, spine and retirement talk for Stafford.

These guys will eventually move on but, until then, we will (unfortunately) be stuck with a lot of negative (again, if you’re a Rams’ fan) conjecture and speculation as a regular part of Rams' reporting.
As a Rams fan.. I think supporters of teams get hyper-focused on the negative reporting surrounding their teams and take for granted the good reporting. There was a shit-ton of positive media coverage of the Rams this last offseason.. how they changed the league.. etc.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, there have been some coaches who got fired after 1 season, but to not even make it thru the first? May be the worst HC hire I can recall

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

View: https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1607433728988422145?

Next piece to fall. If the new owners are intelligent they get somebody in at GM fast before the draft.

I would guess Denver goes all in for Asshole Face. If they can get a coach of his standing then the GM spot is determined at his whim because he'll come with final say on the roster. But there's only two guys potentially of that level, those being him and Harbaugh who may not leave Michigan but I think is doable if the team is serious.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, there have been some coaches who got fired after 1 season, but to not even make it thru the first? May be the worst HC hire I can recall
I almost feel sorry for the guy. That's a stacked division for a new head coach. Didn't live up to preseason expectations but its tough living to try to make the playoffs in that grouping.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hackett seems like one of the many guys that are just better at being a coordinator and not the main guy. There's a long list of such people and we've had a couple of them ourselves.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hackett seems like one of the many guys that are just better at being a coordinator and not the main guy. There's a long list of such people and we've had a couple of them ourselves.
He was really not that good of a coordinator as I didn't understand the hiring from the outset. He called plays for Jacksonville & at Syracuse University with checkered results at best.

Now just because a OC doesn't call plays or is limited that does not mean that much to an extent as Doug Pederson (KC) & most recently Kevin O'Connell has proven, but Hackett reminded me so much of Scott Linehan in looks, demeanor along with the inability to motivate and so he's now a one year Head Coach and can go back to drinking with Aaron Rodgers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was really not that good of a coordinator as I didn't understand the hiring from the outset. He called plays for Jacksonville & at Syracuse University with checkered results at best.

Now just because a OC doesn't call plays or is limited that does not mean that much to an extent as Doug Pederson (KC) & most recently Kevin O'Connell has proven, but Hackett reminded me so much of Scott Linehan in looks, demeanor along with the inability to motivate and so he's now a one year Head Coach and can go back to drinking with Aaron Rodgers.
I still think his first choice would be the Chargers but that depends on cheap SOB owning that team.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still think his first choice would be the Chargers but that depends on cheap SOB owning that team.
I agree, but I don't see the Chargers parting ways with Staley unless they have an epic collapse. But it could start tonight then compounded by losing to the Rams next week.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think they wear skinny jeans when they drink together. Shirtless. Seems likely. Though Aaron one-ups him with the man bun I am sure.