OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry meant Waldron in Seattle. With what he’s one this year there and Wilson reportedly liked him. It’s kind of the lazy connect the dots but there might be legs
Yeah, I don't see the Broncos hiring another first year HC. That's why with Quinn, Wilson knows him and Quinn might be able to coax Darrell Bevell from Miami to be his OC and pair him back with Wilson who spent quite a bit of time with in Seattle, if the goal is to try and fix Wilson.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don’t see asshole face taking the AZ job. He’s an asshole but not stupid. Even if they gave him full control there isn’t enough in the cupboards for a quick turnaround. I also don’t think Murray is a guy he wants to stick his neck out for.

I could see him waiting another year for a better job somewhere. Somewhere with a stable QB and more talent.

JMO

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don’t see asshole face taking the AZ job. He’s an asshole but not stupid. Even if they gave him full control there isn’t enough in the cupboards for a quick turnaround. I also don’t think Murray is a guy he wants to stick his neck out for.

I could see him waiting another year for a better job somewhere. Somewhere with a stable QB and more talent.

JMO
While I agree, there is plenty out there of Payton wanting back in this year. I think he felt he had a chance with the Chargers & Dallas, which, Dallas could still be possible. As to Arizona, if give the power I could see that happening.

Although their QB is injured for a while , but who knows what will open up. Tepper of Carolina has the a ton of money, but their QB situation is a mess and the Colts are not the best situation either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas would be totally on the radar if (when) they lose first round of the playoffs
Arizona just gave Kingsbury an extension, no? Could they afford to pay that out and give Payton the $$ he'd be looking for?
Could Houston "1 and done" Lovie Smith?
I'd say the Colts are probably the best fit for him, Irsay would be a problem, but so will Jerruh... There will be some FA QB's he could look at, and heck Andrew Luck is only 33 years old, maybe he'd be interested in giving it a whirl

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, I don't see the Broncos hiring another first year HC. That's why with Quinn, Wilson knows him and Quinn might be able to coax Darrell Bevell from Miami to be his OC and pair him back with Wilson who spent quite a bit of time with in Seattle, if the goal is to try and fix Wilson.
I've read he's bringing in Schott.. who worked with Wilson in Seattle.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Asshole Face probably wouldn't answer a text from the Cards. Bad QB situation. Scouting dept would need a rebuild even if he hired the new GM. Very unlikely.

He will go where a QB he likes is in place or where they have their choice of QB. So Chargers or Cowboys. Or surprise team would be the Texans though he would need to replace the GM. QB will drive his decision IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Asshole Face probably wouldn't answer a text from the Cards. Bad QB situation. Scouting dept would need a rebuild even if he hired the new GM. Very unlikely.

He will go where a QB he likes is in place or where they have their choice of QB. So Chargers or Cowboys. Or surprise team would be the Texans though he would need to replace the GM. QB will drive his decision IMO.
Plus we’re only nine months away from him signing an extension through 2027. I don’t think Bidwell pays him that long to not coach he’s too cheap.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If any head coach is bringing in Brian Schottenheimer as their OC, they will self destruct.
Didn't say I like him.. just saying what's being reported.

He was also in charge the last time Russell had a good season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Didn't say I like him.. just saying what's being reported.

He was also in charge the last time Russell had a good season.
True, but I don't know how you can sell a fan base with Brian Schottenheimer as your OC. Especially if Quinn is the hire, he will be focused on the defense. Sad part, is they are both working together in Dallas so I can understand how that could be a distinct possibility.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bevell isn't exactly well liked by any of the teams he's coached for.
That's true, but IMO, he's a better option then Schottenheimer. However, if there is one thing you could communicate about Schotty is that he is "Affable."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes sense, not sure why Bevell would need much coaxing as an OC job is surely a career upgrade from an assistant

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Makes sense, not sure why Bevell would need much coaxing as an OC job is surely a career upgrade from an assistant
You never know, but I agree, although the rumor of Brian Schottenheimer with he & Quinn working in Dallas seems more plausible, although IMO, not a good hire for Quinn.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
True, but I don't know how you can sell a fan base with Brian Schottenheimer as your OC. Especially if Quinn is the hire, he will be focused on the defense. Sad part, is they are both working together in Dallas so I can understand how that could be a distinct possibility.
I don't know that it'll be any kind of an issue.
Seems like an easy sell when it was the last time Russell was good and he's paired with a HC who is well respected. Fans there know that Wilson is a HUGE part of the problem... and that they have to put up with him for at least one more year. Might as well give it a schott, with someone who has had success with him.

The big question is what Russell's contract demands mean to his input in the offense... because his whole situation is a complete disaster for that team. If Russell doesn't agree to major changes.. next year will be another disaster. I imagine ANY coach comes in with an understanding with ownership that next year is free of expectations... and that they may have to take massive cap hits in 24 and 25 to get out of the contract.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I don't know that it'll be any kind of an issue.
Seems like an easy sell when it was the last time Russell was good and he's paired with a HC who is well respected. Fans there know that Wilson is a HUGE part of the problem... and that they have to put up with him for at least one more year. Might as well give it a schott, with someone who has had success with him.

The big question is what Russell's contract demands mean to his input in the offense... because his whole situation is a complete disaster for that team. If Russell doesn't agree to major changes.. next year will be another disaster. I imagine ANY coach comes in with an understanding with ownership that next year is free of expectations... and that they may have to take massive cap hits in 24 and 25 to get out of the contract.

Russell Wilson signed a 5 year, $242,588,236 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $161,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $48,517,647.

I don't think there will be any possibility Russell isn't tied to the Denver offense for a couple years.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Russell Wilson signed a 5 year, $242,588,236 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $161,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $48,517,647.

I don't think there will be any possibility Russell isn't tied to the Denver offense for a couple years.
Listened to a pod on it and read up.. adjusted for the cap it’ll be like 2 years of what the Rams did in 21…. And the Rams won a Super Bowl.
Russell get next year to turn it around or he’s toast.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm Denver I'd go get a head coach with a strong defensive pedigree. Build the defense and run game and let Wilson run around and do his thing.

I think Raheem would be a nice choice. Not the best choice but for a couple reasons he would make a lot of sense...

1. He would be able to install the right culture. His time with McVay I think has been good for him in that regard. McVay is the best culture HC in the league. Raheem has a great personality and good overall experience in the league on both sides of the ball. Compare him here to Dan Quinn whose name keeps getting circulated and I'd take Raheem straight up because he is better with the players.

2. He would get feeders from McVay on the offensive side for his staff hires. The two are friends and him adding one of the guys McVay has on his short-list might help him avoid the struggles you'd get with a lot of other defensive hires.

If they do go with a young OC type the fit is going to be determined by the QB. But this is why I'd go get the best defensive option if I were them. Then you can change out your OC if you need to while still maintaining your overall culture from the defensive chair.