OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wasn't Wink Martindale a game show host
th

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He took out the stats against against the weak NFC East (2021) and it was a massive dropoff. He (supposedly) cherry picked against the bad teams and shit the bed against good teams usually.
Didn't that NFCE include two top ten defenses? Seems odd to remove them.

Psycho_X

Legend
Nice, asshole face goes to a team I rarely watch and couldn't care less about thus reducing the amount I have to see that anus pucker up every year. And he goes to a team with an aging has been and no draft picks for a few years. Having said that asshole can probably make Wilson serviceable for a year or two before they have to dump him but can't see that team being competitive in the West until they get past that contract.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice, asshole face goes to a team I rarely watch and couldn't care less about thus reducing the amount I have to see that anus pucker up every year. And he goes to a team with an aging has been and no draft picks for a few years.
You left out the fact that he was their second choice. :ROFLMAO:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Enormous win for Denver fans to get Asshole Face in there. Can't wait to watch him waste his time trying to get the most from Wussell until they can cut him, should be fun.

For Asshole Face it was a dumb move IMO. But his options were probably limited by the Aints requiring high picks. If I was him I would have waited for next year and a team that doesn't have a shitter at QB or owner.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

If what Rapoport is reporting, is indeed accurate, that is very interesting.

It's one thing to quickly-pivot to Plan B when Plan A does not work-out. However, Ryans and Payton would seem to be polar opposites.

So Denver's #1 choice was a young (38 years old), would-be first-time head coach with a defensive-pedigree; and its #2 choice is a highly-regarded offensive mind 59-year old with 15 years of head coaching experience who requires significant draft choice compensation to be hired.

Makes me wonder if Jeff Saturday might have been Denver's #3 choice, followed by an elephant in a tutu.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It's one thing to quickly-pivot to Plan B when Plan A does not work-out. However, Ryans and Payton would seem to be polar opposites.

So Denver's #1 choice was a young (38 years old), would-be first-time head coach with a defensive-pedigree; and its #2 choice is a highly-regarded offensive mind 59-year old with 15 years of head coaching experience who requires significant draft choice compensation to be hired.
Maybe the choice was Payton but they didn’t want to have to part with a first round pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Makes me wonder if Jeff Saturday might have been Denver's #3 choice, followed by an elephant in a tutu.
Schefter said the Denver deal wasn't true so the two big "insiders" disagree. Denver was interested in Ryans but not sure they were trying the last minute to get him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Asshole face REALLY wanted to get back into coaching. I love that he is sloppy seconds.
He is confident that he can fix Wilson and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. I can't believe Wilson all of a sudden forgot how to play.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate that the Niners will be getting more third round compensatory picks, but I'm glad they need to find a new DC at least.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Schefter said the Denver deal wasn't true so the two big "insiders" disagree. Denver was interested in Ryans but not sure they were trying the last minute to get him.

They really didn't want to give up the draft picks but in the end they did lol

Cowherd said he and Payton talked frequently. He was the Broncos guy all along. However he would cost draft picks and command more money. So, they still consider Ryans, despite preferring Payton. He also said the late meeting with Harbaugh was to see if he’d lower his demands and could use it to get Payton to lower his.

So it was all cat and mouse, with Payton being the cheese.