Coaches hired and fired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Gotta hand it to Zimmer, he understands his limitations in a way Fisher never did. He hires great offensive minds. That's a great hire.

Anyone remember when Fisher interviewed DeFilippo after 2015? I pounded the table for us to hire him then instead of sticking with Boras. I guess we should be thankful that he didn't, because I think DeFilippo would have saved his job.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gotta hand it to Zimmer, he understands his limitations in a way Fisher never did. He hires great offensive minds. That's a great hire.

Anyone remember when Fisher interviewed DeFilippo after 2015? I pounded the table for us to hire him then instead of sticking with Boras. I guess we should be thankful that he didn't, because I think DeFilippo would have saved his job.

I concur, Fisher recently tried to claim he could not hire anybody because of the pending move and everyone knows that is a farce. First hiring Brian Schottenheimer overe Hue Jackson, then DeFilippo would have jumped at the chance to be an OC, but Fisher whiffed again.

This is a great hire for the Vikings and John DeFilippo will be on the short list for Head Coaches next season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Colts should hire Frank Reich, they already have a DC & DL Coach in place and need an offensive coach. Reich older at 56, but got a late start in Coaching because of his playing career. Would relate well to Luck and will call the plays for the Colts and provide some sizzle for Colt fans because they hire the OC that won the Super Bowl, not the Plss Ant who lost.
636537027414037800-AP-080819036072.jpg

Reich began his coaching career in Indianapolis, where he spent six seasons, some of which closely working with QB Peyton Manning.(Photo: Michael Conroy, AP)

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Fisher recently tried to claim he could not hire anybody because of the pending move and everyone knows that is a farce.

So Dan Pompei wrote the feature not JF, and interviewed others for the story.

The concept is plausible just as no teams have won in a relocation year.

Don’t think coaches’ agents know that stuff? I do.

Agents are smart people not fans.

There’s room for disagreement on this point.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The concept is plausible just as no teams have won in a relocation year.

Don’t think coaches’ agents know that stuff? I do.

Agents are smart people not fans.

There’s room for disagreement on this point.

IMHO, so what? Coaches go to teams all the time that are not winning, John DeFilippo for example was coming off a 3-13 finish with the Cleveland Browns, so do you think the thought of being OC for a team that was moving, but more talented played into it? I just don't think it did and regardless there were better options than Frank Cignetti, IMHO.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
IMHO, so what? Coaches go to teams all the time that are not winning, John DeFilippo for example was coming off a 3-13 finish with the Cleveland Browns, so do you think the thought of being OC for a team that was moving, but more talented played into it? I just don't think it did and regardless there were better options than Frank Cignetti, IMHO.

I’m putting a different IMHO out there, Denny.

A reasonable explanation why 4 OC’s with HC experience turned the job down.

A plausible explanation.

So what?

No teams win when they move.

But I’m not changing anybody’s opinions so I’m moving on.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But I’m not changing anybody’s opinions so I’m moving on.

IDK pretty good points, did they turn Fisher down because of the move or because they had trepidation of his meddling? Also was the reason Brian Schottenheimer took the midnight train to Georgia because L.A. proved too much for the man?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Rams and Eagles both lost their OC and QB coach this off season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So the Rams and Eagles both lost their OC and QB coach this off season.

Quality organizations give opportunities others stifle them or make back door deals that question the intergrity of the league...I truly hope the New England Patriots never experience anything great again under Robert Kraft, he's a first class chadrule.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quality organizations give opportunities others stifle them or make back door deals that question the intergrity of the league...I truly hope the New England Patriots never experience anything great again under Robert Kraft, he's a first class chadrule.

That DNA rifle did the colts a huge favour by making sure mcdouche didn't take the hc job there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-hiring-mike-shula-as-offensive-coordinator/

Giants hiring Mike Shula as offensive coordinator
Posted by Josh Alper on February 13, 2018

The Giants have looked to General Manager Dave Gettleman’s last stop to fill a key position on head coach Pat Shurmur’s coaching staff.

Kimberly Jones of NFL Media reports that the Giants will hire Mike Shula as their offensive coordinator. An official announcement from the team is expected later on Tuesday. Jones’ colleague Ian Rapoport reports that Shula is expected to coach the quarterbacks as well.

Shula was fired after the end of the 2017 regular season after five years coordinating the offense in Carolina. Gettleman was the General Manager of the Panthers for the first four of those seasons before being relieved of his duties last July.

Shula’s final offense in Carolina did well running the ball, but the team’s results through the air were underwhelming. The Giants can certainly use help on the ground, although Shurmur is expected to call the offensive plays.

The Giants had reportedly been interested in hiring Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski as their coordinator, but the Vikings blocked him from making a move. There had also been talk about Eagles running backs coach Duce Staley joining the staff, but he may be in line for a promotion to offensive coordinator in Philadelphia after Frank Reich left to become the Colts head coach.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
https://clutchpoints.com/colts-rumor-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-trying-screw-over-indy-deflategate/

New England had just finished obliterating Indianapolis 45-7 in the 2014-15 AFC Championship Game when it was revealed that the Patriots had deliberately under-inflated balls at the request of quarterback Tom Brady. The franchise was heavily-penalized for the controversy and wound up being fined $1 million and two draft picks. Meanwhile, Brady had to serve a four-game suspension in 2016.

The Colts made the initial complaint to the league office.

While Kraft’s reported actions may have been a bit petty, members of the Patriots organization have been known to hold grudges. The Cleveland Browns inquired about possibly trading for former quarterback Jimmy Garappolo during the 2017 season. Despite reportedly having the best offer, Belichick had no intention of providing a franchise quarterback to the organization that fired him over 20 years ago.
I call bullsihit. The franchise that fired him is in baltimore.