Coach McVay Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
The amount of times that we throw or run the ball means jack shit to me. Play calling is determined by many things, mostly what defense the opposition is playing and down and distance. It's also determined by score, time left in game and many other factors.

Our best offense is to throw on first down - because at this point we have the best chance at protection. If it gets to 2nd down or 3rd and long we are on trouble. But anyway I'm digressing because I'm not going to pretend like so many of you do that I know 1/100th of what McVay knows about offense.

Somehow y'all know better than him, the dude that took a historically shitty offense for years and years and made it into a 30ppg offense for two years.

Hell this year we still are scoring more than we ever did in fisher years and probably even farther back.

But yet McVay now is a "pass happy" coach who is undermining his star running back, who some feel would not cover for his players, ect ect

Absurd beyond belief.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The amount of times that we throw or run the ball means jack shit to me. Play calling is determined by many things, mostly what defense the opposition is playing and down and distance. It's also determined by score, time left in game and many other factors.

Our best offense is to throw on first down - because at this point we have the best chance at protection. If it gets to 2nd down or 3rd and long we are on trouble. But anyway I'm digressing because I'm not going to pretend like so many of you do that I know 1/100th of what McVay knows about offense.

Somehow y'all know better than him, the dude that took a historically shitty offense for years and years and made it into a 30ppg offense for two years.

Hell this year we still are scoring more than we ever did in fisher years and probably even farther back.

But yet McVay now is a "pass happy" coach who is undermining his star running back, who some feel would not cover for his players, ect ect

Absurd beyond belief.

Thank goodness we have you around to set us all straight for the 100'th time. Of course, not a single poster here has suggested they know more than McVay, but I suppose in your case even a straw man narrative is better than none. I guess McVay is actually infallible and not a mere mortal like the rest of us humans, perhaps we should get him a jersey & cape with a giant 'S' emblazoned on his chest. We get it, no more questioning of our H.C.'s tactics without your prior approval.

Ellard80

Legend
Thank goodness we have you around to set us all straight for the 100'th time. Of course, not a single poster here has suggested they know more than McVay, but I suppose in your case even a straw man narrative is better than none. I guess McVay is actually infallible and not a mere mortal like the rest of us humans, perhaps we should get him a jersey & cape with a giant 'S' emblazoned on his chest. We get it, no more questioning of our H.C.'s tactics without your approval.

Questioning the offensive tactics of Jeff Fisher make sense,,,,, questioning the offensive tactics of McVay seem... not so rational to me.

Anyting I'm saying "for the 100th time" isn't even half the amount of posts about how many times we aren't running the ball.

Nice hyperbole by the way.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Questioning the offensive tactics of Jeff Fisher make sense,,,,, questioning the offensive tactics of McVay seem... not so rational to me.

The title of this thread is ... Coach McVay Discussion.

We have little more to go on other than watching what the team and McVay says and does, when they don't necessarily match it invites speculation, and that's a good deal of what is done on a sports forum. jmo.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Why? I think McVay is a great coach, and quite a brilliant offensive mind.. I certainly hope to see him on the Rams sidelines for many years (if not decades) to come. But he is human, he does make mistakes. He's not above criticism. And right now, his tactics are not getting the results we need. It's not entirely his fault, but he is the head coach as well as the offensive coordinator, so it's his responsibility to come up with something. That means questioning his current tactics and adapting to the present reality.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd like to see McVay be a little more patient with the run game. Especially this week. This could be one of those classic games old school traditionalists like to see. Run more. Rely on the kicking game to give a field position advantage. Don't turn it over. No shame in winning a 13-12 game against a good defensive team. A win is a win.

Ellard80

Legend
Why? I think McVay is a great coach, and quite a brilliant offensive mind.. I certainly hope to see him on the Rams sidelines for many years (if not decades) to come. But he is human, he does make mistakes. He's not above criticism. And right now, his tactics are not getting the results we need. It's not entirely his fault, but he is the head coach as well as the offensive coordinator, so it's his responsibility to come up with something. That means questioning his current tactics and adapting to the present reality.

We are still 10th out of 32 teams in scoring.

The "I hope to see him on the sidelines for many years" is not the vibe or message I saw going back to the game Sunday and since. Its too much work to sift through, but there are a number of posts, with a number of people liking them that suggest other sentiments.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We are still 10th out of 32 teams in scoring.

The "I hope to see him on the sidelines for many years" is not the vibe or message I saw going back to the game Sunday and since.

Well, I don't recall anyone saying that McVay needs to be fired. If someone did say that, then a) I missed it, and b) I strongly disagree.

But he needs to makes some changes to what he's doing, both in terms of adapting to our OL situation and adapting to what defenses are doing to take away things that have previously been successful.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"He's an excellent coach," one of the scouts said, "but he's massively struggling right now. No coach in the NFL is struggling right now as much as he is."

He can pull out of this slump, he's capable of it..........he just has to rebalance the offense and mix in some draw plays and stuff to keep the DL from attacking.

Well sorry but he has relied way to much on the passing game and this isn't anything new.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Absurd beyond belief.

giphy.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell Mike Martz actually won a Super Bowl and we still questioned him. Like my daddy used to say Almost don’t feed the bulldog I don’t care how many games McVay has won or how bad our offense used to be He don’t get a pass. A lot of coaches came out their first two years and won games then flamed out. I’m not saying that’s McVay but just because he won some games don’t make him God