CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread...shoot its a pheW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Like a fake? I just don't know what you mean by scheme.

If you mean "special" like a fake ... maybe Rams players have not executed one in practice so they don't do it in a game.

Right now I would settle for punter controling his leg a bit better and guys making tackles on returns. Both long TDs looked schematically fine, but I have not broken them down, either. They looked like poor execution to me.

If you want to blame the coach for bad execution,fine. That's your right, but I've not sene anything in Punt coverage and kikcof coverage that looks like a schematic disadvantage.

It's about staying in lanes and making a tackle.
Recent example would be a blocked punt we suffered due to an overload on the left side. That was a schematic advantage the other team utilized for a big play.

So. Again. When is the last fucking time our special teams have made a big play due to schematic edge.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I think it's because he's still raw, has not learned to quite control his rare leg strength ... but I have not made a study of it. But I do see there is pressure. But I have been noting his outkicking coverage since preseason, so possible some of both ... but often pressure causes short kicks, not overly long, IMO. But what you are saying is worth a close study
Okay fine, talked me into it.. let's draft my guy Tory Taylor from Iowa!

RamWoodie

Legend
Our team picked a heck of a time go not be sharp. McVay even started to get pass happy.

The DLine gets the trophy as far as I'm concerned.

It's done though. Time to get ready for the Niners.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Recent example would be a blocked punt we suffered due to an overload on the left side. That was a schematic advantage the other team utilized for a big play.
Sure. Or poor execution.

You don't know which.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a great win but I'll take it. BTW... you guys are hilarious!! Love the comments.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Okay fine, talked me into it.. let's draft my guy Tory Taylor from Iowa!
All I am saying is I don't know what the issue is. All I know is there are issues. Multiple ones.

And if Blackburn is to blame, then fine. I only object to some (not you) just jumping on a coach when they are doing it from ignorance. They are just mad. And that is not thinking, that's emotion.

If people could step out of anger and look at what happened, then it would be done from knowledge.

Lynch mobs don't solve anything.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Our team picked a heck of a time go not be sharp. McVay even started to get pass happy.

The DLine gets the trophy as far as I'm concerned.

It's done though. Time to get ready for the Niners.

AD and Kobie were both switched on today. Definitely no complaints on that score.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I am saying is I don't know what the issue is.
Wrong. You fucking posted about how you hate fans blaming coaches unfairly. Point here is nobody is doing that with Blackburn. His teams have been shit all season long.

It's not just the personnel when it comes to teams.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A win is a win - but this one comes with some lessons. Hopefully the boys got a scare - they need to be much sharper from here on out.

Hopefully the Steelers handle business and we can rest next week. If not - the playoffs begin early for us.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
See.. no problem with the kicker,

So… THAT evaluation is over.
Just wonder what/who is left?

Lucas seems to be easily rattled. I think Sean saying his playcalling was going to be impacted by the kicker freaked him out.

Just a bummer.

This is me acknowledging their process was wrong lol.

So.. offseason priorities… new ST coach & new kicker.
McVay royally fucked up not going after Riley Patterson.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Question for Special Teams gurus.. does Austin Trammell calling for a fair catch dang near every kick return, when at the 10ish yard line with a load of green in front of him have more to do with gameplan and coaching or what? Can't imagine he's afraid to return the ball.

Thank God we won't see it next year, when Cooper DeJean is returning for us and making game changing plays all over on special teams as returner and gunner, and starting STAR/CB

1000002641.jpg

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
It was an overload. That was schematic.
That's a call. And there is a counter to the call.

"Scheme" does not mean what you think it means. Learn the verbiage --- and I will wait for your breakdown of the play in question. Get the video, tell me what the count was, and why it failed,

And just calm down. Getting mad and dropping F-bombs does not really lead to intelligence discussions.

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good example of what I'm talking about would be Fassell. His teams get beat. He gets edged by other coaches schematically. But he also gets big wins. Good things happen time to time with his units.

And McVay gave him the axe.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems I entered the Vent thread. Can anyone point me in the direction of a celebration thread?
Jeesh