CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread...shoot its a pheW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
I offer my opinion. I am a fan. I'm not here to put up vids like you do and throw verbiage around. My knowledge is not at that level. But I admit when I am wrong.

And swearing is not banned on this site. So stop with the victim act.

I get fucking tired of people acting like coaches are getting shit on when they're questioned. And questioning them, as fans, does not require 50 fucking videos and long know-it-all posts throwing around all the latest terms. Sometimes that rubs me the wrong way, like this exchange.

So for the last time when has Blackburn last provided a win for us. Because I cannot remember one.
His go to is to constantly insult and correct everyone. It’s a shame cuz I appreciate some of his posts.

The common fan and even the TV analysts use generalized terms so we can speak the same language and discuss the game. He wants to correct everyone with his technical corrections while acknowledging that he doesn’t actually know the exact play call most of the time. Which is true because even when you review the tape you have no idea what wrinkles the team has put in.

Im about to put the guy on mute. There is a ton of bias and lack of dignity coming from him. Disrespecting posters every other post isn’t very endearing.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
A contract thing?

No.

Sorry.. that’s just not a thing in this scenario, imo.
That’s the last thing it could possibly be. He’s an RFA in 2024.Zero leverage and a career ending type choice. Likely something medical related but non football. He had some issues with blood clots last year before he was shut down for the season.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
His go to is to constantly insult and correct everyone. It’s a shame cuz I appreciate some of his posts.

The common fan and even the TV analysts use generalized terms so we can speak the same language and discuss the game. He wants to correct everyone with his technical corrections while acknowledging that he doesn’t actually know the exact play call most of the time. Which is true because even when you review the tape you have no idea what wrinkles the team has put in.

Im about to put the guy on mute. There is a ton of bias and lack of dignity coming from him. Disrespecting posters every other post isn’t very endearing.
He has a Twitter account. Don’t know if he is trying to make a name, but he definitely inserted himself here at ROD…

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
It’s a bit of both. It’s a scheme Risk by putting players in man on man situations with no safety support in that example. These are risks that Wink was willing to take. Heck if Staff didn’t overthrow Rob against single high, he may have another 6. These are risks.
That is how I see it. Risk versus reward. In that case, Wink thought it was worth it. And his man was in the right place. And missed a tackle.

So, it still begs the question to the original question. Did the scheme fail? the guy was in the right place. Or did the player? He was right where he was supposed to be -- but he blew it.

In that case, I think the call was risky, but the player failed and it cost the Giants...

oldnotdead

Legend
He had some issues with blood clots last year before he was shut down for the season.

Yup and it's a reason the Rams may be reluctant to pay him big money to stay after next year. He's good enough to be a bridge OT until they can coach up the guys they draft next year. I expect them to draft two OTs (LT & RT) to start in 2025 after redshirting 2024, acclimating and developing their technique.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Enough

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game was way too close and shouldn’t have been this way from the beginning. Our team is better than this. We allowed them to keep up with us and that is a huge no no. We need to be more relentless…
7th game bro and we're 6-1. This was an off game, it happens.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kobie Turner now has 9 sacks, and Aaron Donald has 8 sacks. Would love for both to hit 10 sacks against SF.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pokemon Celebrate GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

RAMS WIN, RAMS WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!

PUKA WITH A LONG CATCH AND RUN, K-WILL HAVING A DAY WITH THREE TOUCHDOWNS, AND I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE NEGATIVES; A WIN IS A MOTHERFUCKING WIN!!!!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pokemon Celebrate GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

RAMS WIN, RAMS WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!

PUKA WITH A LONG CATCH AND RUN, K-WILL HAVING A DAY WITH THREE TOUCHDOWNS, AND I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT THE NEGATIVES; A WIN IS A MOTHERFUCKING WIN!!!!!!!
Looks like we might clinch a spot, watching the Steelers vs Hawks.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just woke up in the emergency room after my stroke. lol
Blue font.
So many mistakes and the kicking game is the worst in the league.
I thought for sure Crosby would end our season. They better get help from the hated Steelers.
They got the win , but damn near killed us old guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure. Or poor execution.

You don't know which.
Execution falls on coaching too. McVay and Morris have taken the hands they were dealt and have their players executing well enough. If Blackburn can't do that, we need to find somebody who can.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Execution falls on coaching too. McVay and Morris have taken the hands they were dealt and have their players executing well enough. If Blackburn can't do that, we need to find somebody who can.
Yes, it can. If a coach cannot teach. However, what was being implied here is that it was on the coach, let's fire the coach, he does not know what he's doing kind of thing.

So, sure, thing can be on the coach, but before anyone knew one way or another ... they didn't name 38, 18, 24, 97, 25 and one and on.

IMO people are so quick to jump on a coach when they have not even looked at the plays in question.
2023-12-31_15-58-42.jpg

I do not care one way or another if Blackburn gets fired or not. That's just knee-jerk stuff. I am interested to know what happened. Many times you cannot even tell what happened for sure after it has been reviewed.

Football is hard to understand so I am willing to give benefit of the doubt to people who are smarter than I am.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, it can. If a coach cannot teach. However, what was being implied here is that it was on the coach, let's fire the coach, he does not know what he's doing kind of thing.

So, sure, thing can be on the coach, but before anyone knew one way or another ... they didn't name 38, 18, 24, 97, 25 and one and on.

IMO people are so quick to jump on a coach when they have not even looked at the plays in question.
View attachment 63436

I do not care one way or another if Blackburn gets fired or not. That's just knee-jerk stuff. I am interested to know what happened. Many times you cannot even tell what happened for sure after it has been reviewed.

Football is hard to understand so I am willing to give benefit of the doubt to people who are smarter than I am.
End of the day, we have an atrocious kicking game and a punt unit that has given up multiple PR TDs (at the worst moments) and allowed a punt to be blocked. I believe we also had a FG blocked. Coaches are judged on results. We're getting very, very bad results from our special teams units.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
End of the day, we have an atrocious kicking game and a punt unit that has given up multiple PR TDs (at the worst moments) and allowed a punt to be blocked. I believe we also had a FG blocked. Coaches are judged on results. We're getting very, very bad results from our special teams units.
Yes. The kicking game is bad.

And people can say whatever they want, but my take is I want to know what happened before I can settle it in my mind that the coach needs to be fired.

Whatever the decision McVay makes at the end of the season I am fine with it. He is in a position to know where the problems are coming from. If he thinks Blackburn stinks, no problem. get someone else.

All I've advocated is that we understand what the problem actually is and it may not be as easy as we think it is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of what happens with Blackburn, McVay needs to call Robbie Gould and Ryan Succop this week. We need some stability at Kicker going into the playoffs. Both guys are old and have their flaws, but they offer more consistency than what we have. And consistency is key.