CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread...shoot its a pheW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
The whole offense contributed to the sloppiness today. Dropped passes, INTs, fumbles, not picking up blitzes. The best wins are the ones where you still have room for improvement, and I’d say this qualifies.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also....had a team ever won when being -2 and giving up a non offensive TD...? I bet that's a short list

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I am grateful for whatever is provided for us. It's not easy to run one of these ... so willing to live with occasional issue.

Appreciate being able to comment ... snot expecting perfection. Thanks--to admins

JYB

Starter
My Gnat friend reminded me that it was knucklehead Chase Blackburn who was the 12th man on the field on a 4th and 2 Patriot punt that gave the Pats a first down at midfield and in that 18-0 Superbowl loss. Probably would've cost the Gnats the game, if Belicheat hadn't elected to got for it on 4th and 13 at the 30, instead of trying for a 47 yard FG.

Not McVay's best hire.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Kyren Williams is a stud

vcmve6gsawkbfutsecfv.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Yr1nQ3dFI

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I guess we are going to have a new coach to rip now?

Honestly, and not saying I care one way or other, but I don't think Blackburn is the kind of coach that is lax and teaching fundamentals. Rams players blew that. They had him...and were lazy... That's on the players.

The coverage was there...

I don't think Blackburn is teaching Evan to outkick coverage, either. He just does it too often.
And bad tackling? These are NFL guys ... they have to be able to do it.
I don't think Blackburn gives us a schematic edge. Haven't felt that way in any game thus far with him. Teams has to make plays in limited snaps and Blackburn units don't do that. Can't recall the last schematic big play we had in our favor but we've given up in that regard. The block a while back off that edge was a schematic flaw. Which I wouldn't worry about if we were getting those things.

And btw I have said for years now that McVay doesn't prioritize the bottom of the depth chart for teams. He still doesn't. But aside from that I don't like Blackburn and I don't think he's good enough. I expect him to get the axe in that first wave of staff moves post season.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Maybe.
But have they been good in any special teams aspect?

I’m open to it being a lack of personnel… but they just haven’t shown anything, imo.
I don't know the problems for sure. Have not spent a lot of time looking at it, otehr than looking at who is doing what (R1, L1, personel protector, etc)

So you could be right, it may be coaching. But IMO it's usually going to be on players not doing what they were taught.

I do feel confident that Blackburn is a smart guy and knows his stuff. What I don't know is how he has them prepared. I am open to whatever the truth is.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
The Rams called me. Wanted to know if I would be interested in trying out for place kicker. I said I'm recovering from pneumonia but I don't think I could do worse than our current kicker. I gave them the home team discount and this is my signing bonus.

IMG_0911.jpg

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I don't think Blackburn gives us a schematic edge.
Like what?

He cannot tackle for guys, he cannot kick the ball for a PAT, he cannot take a little off a punt...
Special teams are about execution ... unless you know of some schemes I am not aware of.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I could hit a 45 yarder right now… but I’d probably explode a couple of muscles in my lower ab.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like what?

He cannot tackle for guys, he cannot kick the ball for a PAT, he cannot take a little off a punt...
Special teams are about execution ... unless you know of some schemes I am not aware of.
When is the last time his unit did something special. In a good way.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
my god we have the worst special teams in the league must do something about that. might look at changing coaches on special teams. also this game showed me we still need work on the ol and defensive back field. stafford was under pressure the whole game. anyway we won so now its go steelers and here we come 40whinners

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
the penalty on the FG looked like a designed play that didn't understand the rules.

The punt return was missed tackles... but when you have two punt return TDs in 4 games... the special teams coach is going to get scrutinized.
Scrutiny is fine. And if it is coaching then so be it. I think people are too quick to blame someone when it may be an "all of the above".

I have no idea what is being taught in practice and what players are retaining. But it looks like players missed tackles they are paid to make in the specific case of the PR TD.

I just don't jump to blame the coach on things I don't understand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scrutiny is fine. And if it is coaching then so be it. I think people are too quick to blame someone when it may be an "all of the above".

I have no idea what is being taught in practice and what players are retaining. But it looks like players missed tackles they are paid to make in the specific case of the PR TD.

I just don't jump to blame the coach on things I don't understand.
Ah yes. Another white knight protecting coaching virginity. You and Kupped should get a room.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
When is the last time his unit did something special. In a good way.
Like a fake? I just don't know what you mean by scheme.

If you mean "special" like a fake ... maybe Rams players have not executed one in practice so they don't do it in a game.

Right now I would settle for punter controling his leg a bit better and guys making tackles on returns. Both long TDs looked schematically fine, but I have not broken them down, either. They looked like poor execution to me.

If you want to blame the coach for bad execution,fine. That's your right, but I've not sene anything in Punt coverage and kikcof coverage that looks like a schematic disadvantage.

It's about staying in lanes and making a tackle.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This has gotta be the luckiest win I've seen in a while. Both teams tried so hard to give it away. Giants just tried a little harder.

They just need to realize how lucky they were, get back to the drawing board and fix things. If they play anywhere remotely close to what they played today, they'll be cannon fodder for the 49ers and whoever they play in the playoffs. If they make the playoffs. The good news is Philly got upset. I think that clinches top seed for the 49ers. We might be going up against backups.