Celebration Thread: Rams@Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Raiders came out and punched the Rams in the mouth. And the Rams fell down.

But they got back up. Raiders wanted to turn it into a street fight, Rams got down with them, but did it better.

Good things happen when you give the ball to Gurley. Even if its 3 yards at a time, you benefit. Hope Sean remembers that.

Offensive line played great.

Defense answered the call.

1st place.
+1 This ^^^^^^
I totally agree with this. Heck, there's nothing wrong with some tough 3 yard runs. It's a lot like body punches in a prize fight. They take their toll and soften the defense. Plus it keeps your O line firing forward and playing nasty and physical.
And that's always a good thing.......

~ArkyRamsFan~

Ellard80

Legend
Completely took their WRs out of the game....

We were rusty - but got everything synced up in the 2nd half.

Solid start to 2018

O-line was best unit of the game... should have been no sacks, and they were getting push for Gurley.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

View: https://streamable.com/rm0qo

Peters reads Carr like a book. Diagnoses the play before the snap. Watch the way he pursues Cook. Peters is patient, just enough to let Carr think his tight end is open, then breaks on the ball and walks into the end zone. Amazing.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, someone get Chucky's post game conference please! That ought to be gold.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Awesome win to go 1-0. I really really didn't want the Raiders beating us in their stinkin' black hole with those clowns in the stands trying to be fierce. Raider fans can't touch us... we own them!!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Who was that guy #87 who played for the Raiders? Sheeesh, great game.

Rams could use a player like that...

Ellard80

Legend
Marcus Peters put the Black Hole on a poster..

great stuff..

marcus-peters.jpg
Not sure how he didn't get a penalty for that TBH....he might get fined later imo

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know if it was right or wrong to keep the starters out of preseason play, but Gurley looks like he is in mid season form with fresh legs. Also, I’m not sure what got Carr so antsy..did he take a hit we didn’t see?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Feels great.to get the win and know there is so much more to improve on.

Dominant second half, no doubt about it.

They talked about how Suh and Donald weren't making any flashy plays, but they totally changed the Raider game plan. They forced the Raiders to commit to that short, 2 seconds and out passing style. Outside of Marshawn's flashy TD, he wasn't very impactful.

Goff missed the deep ball and was off on some timing plays in the red zone, but I'll chalk that up to rust and needing to build more chemistry with the guys. He wasn't ever off by much. The pass interference doesn't go in his or Cooks stat books though.

That said, he was slinging that intermediate stuff. Only one missed opportunity I can think of in the intermediate range with the ball over Woods' head, but outside of that, he was killing it in the 10-20 range.

Kupp was great, and that Peters pick and celebration was legendary.

This was the tune up and I hope we come out more polished against the Cards.

Side Note: Gotta say I was sweating a bit in the first half. The energy in Oakland as amazing and what I worried about the most going in. Great job in the second half though, like I said earlier.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That was an impressive win. My thoughts...

The Rams definitely came out rusty, sluggish, whatever you want to call it. Raiders came out fired up with a solid gameplan and it worked...for awhile. First half looked like replay of the Atlanta playoff game.

2nd half McVay went to the Gurley well and ruined the Raiders gameplan. Once again Wade made some adjustments and forced/tricked the Raiders into abandoning the running game. Thank you Chucky.

-That Raider interior line really did a nice job on our big three and the passes were coming out quick.
-Jared Cook was possessed. Gotta give him props.
-Lynch is good for about 10 strong carries a game. He's not going to be a heavy workload back anymore. Those days are long gone.
-Our OLine played a great game and so did our WR's getting involved in the blocking.
-Goff looks better pre snap with his command etc...but i still see accuracy issues. Played well though. I liked that they kept trying to connect on that deep ball.
- Raiders held scoreless @ home in the 2nd half. That's not an easy thing to do anywhere.

Bottom line: Rams came into a very hostile environment and took the Raiders best shot and got up off the mat and went to work on em. It was only a matter of time before we shook the rust off, settled down and showed who the better team was on the field.

Great win.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I've been really impressed with Blythe before this season and after watching him closely in the preseason I started to think he was better than Jamon Brown. No longer a sneaking suspicion for me, he should be the undisputed starter at RG. Blythe has sneaky power. He is an excellent blocker on the move, which is a key part to everything McVay does. Far better than brown than getting out on the move in the screen game and getting movement laterally at the first and second level on in the zone run game. He is far superior to brown in pass protection, where Brown is a liability at times. Keep Starting Blythe!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels great.to get the win and know there is so much more to improve on.

Dominant second half, no doubt about it.

They talked about how Suh and Donald weren't making any flashy plays, but they totally changed the Raider game plan. They forced the Raiders to commit to that short, 2 seconds and out passing style. Outside of Marshawn's flashy TD, he wasn't very impactful.

Goff missed the deep ball and was off on some timing plays in the red zone, but I'll chalk that up to rust and needing to build more chemistry with the guys. He wasn't ever off by much. The pass interference doesn't go in his or Cooks stat books though.

That said, he was slinging that intermediate stuff. Only one missed opportunity I can think of in the intermediate range with the ball over Woods' head, but outside of that, he was killing it in the 10-20 range.

Kupp was great, and that Peters pick and celebration was legendary.

This was the tune up and I hope we come out more polished against the Cards.

Side Note: Gotta say I was sweating a bit in the first half. The energy in Oakland as amazing and what I worried about the most going in. Great job in the second half though, like I said earlier.
I was watching Donald at times, he was close to Carr on so many plays. I didn't key on Suh in this game. Next Sunday, our front three are going to crush those Cardinal Guards.