Casserly: "I rate Watkins ahead of Julio Jones"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Psychotic?!?! Ok... that comment disturbs and annoys me a lot, why on earth would you say that? Go back to page 1 and see the kind of comments (and GIFS) he gets FOR STATING A GMS OPINION! He stated an opinion saying he rates Watkins over Jones, what's wrong with that? Granted yes RFIP does love Watkins a lot (we can see that), some of the comments and GIFs posted just from a GMs opinion were a bit too much, can you really not see how much you're probably getting under his skin too? A lot of undermining comments too... You don't have to agree with RFIPs opinion, but man it's not like you guys are playing fair ball either. To say psychotic tho?! Hell to the no...

Not sure if we are reading the same posts in this thread, but from what I've read STATING A FORMER GMS OPINION is not what drew the contrary comments.

It was RFIPs OWN comments afterwards that drew them:

- Stressing that a kid had world class track speed who then got on a track and couldn't prove it and followed that up by refusing to do so on his Pro Day is going to draw questions.
- Totally disregarding every other WR in what happens to be a deep WR draft class. Sammy Watkins OR BUST views.
- Incorrectly stating that no one runs a faster 40 times the second time around when it does happen.
- Believing that NFL player pre-combine 40 time comments mean anything when players, media, & fans have been proven wrong in the past. The former NFL players live at the event even acknowledge situations where they believed someone would run faster.
- And finally, what appears to be totally disregarding that posters can still like Sammy Watkins as a player, but not rate him nearly as highly as he does.

Sorry, but I can see how an abnormal obsession with one player can be concerning. That said, this is nothing. As bad as RFIP has got it for Watkins, this is absolutely nothing compared to the Kurt Warner obsession expressed on the HERD Board years ago.

Last edited:

moklerman

Warner-phile
Thread winner: Memphis Ram.

Bravo and thanks for posting what I was hesitant to post. RFIP is (once again) way over the top and IMO, being belligerent toward Jrry32 who's done everything he could to keep the conversation civil and constructive.

jap

Legend
I blame all this extra frustration and irascibility on the evil Goodall, who extended the interval between free agency and the draft for his own evil purposes. :sneaky::ROFLMAO: Get the darn draft started already!!!

RamsFan14

Starter
Not sure if we are reading the same posts in this thread, but from what I've read STATING A FORMER GMS OPINION is not what drew the contrary comments.

It was RFIPs OWN comments afterwards that drew them:

- Stressing that a kid had world class track speed who then got on a track and couldn't prove it and followed that up by refusing to do so on his Pro Day is going to draw questions.
- Totally disregarding every other WR in what happens to be a deep WR draft class. Sammy Watkins OR BUST views.
- Incorrectly stating that no one runs a faster 40 times the second time around when it does happen.
- Believing that NFL player pre-combine 40 time comments mean anything when players, media, & fans have been proven wrong in the past. The former NFL players live at the event even acknowledge situations where they believed someone would run faster.
- And finally, what appears to be totally disregarding that posters can still like Sammy Watkins as a player, but not rate him nearly as highly as he does.

Sorry, but I can see how an abnormal obsession with one player can be concerning. That said, this is nothing. As bad as RFIP has got it for Watkins, this is absolutely nothing compared to the Kurt Warner obsession expressed on the HERD Board years ago.

Yea not saying RFIP is innocent, I agree with your last point and middle point forsure, wasn't very fair for him to say that (shouldn't have said that at all...). The first point tho... Just because Watkins didn't run in the 4.30s, doesn't mean he doesn't have track speed. I thought he was initially arguing pretty fairly about that but that's just me. If he ran a 4.45 or above, I think he'd rerun it at his pro day. 4.42 ain't great, but ain't bad either, so maybe that was a decision he came up with with his agent. Who knows.

^RamsFan503: Honestly, I needed to get off the MCAT books and relax more, cause I was just done trying to work... Here I was last night saying we all need to chill out, then I see your post and decide to rant about it hahaha a bit hypocritical right? Didn't mean to be such a butt about it, I was just kinda moody I guess. Draft does need to come man, it's easy to lose your patients at times.

^jrry32, if you can't empathize that maybe JUST MAYBE you guys got under his skin a bit tttoooo, idk what to tell you. It's not hard to get the impression that some of you guys think he's stupid with the GIFs and posts you guys made, cause that's what I'd be saying. Idk what RFIP even got from the GIFs, probably laughed it off pretty well but also wouldn't be hard to see him get annoyed with them too.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think we're beating a dead horse here fellas let's move on. ROD is better than this

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yea not saying RFIP is innocent, I agree with your last point and middle point forsure, wasn't very fair for him to say that (shouldn't have said that at all...). The first point tho... Just because Watkins didn't run in the 4.30s, doesn't mean he doesn't have track speed. I thought he was initially arguing pretty fairly about that but that's just me. If he ran a 4.45 or above, I think he'd rerun it at his pro day. 4.42 ain't great, but ain't bad either, so maybe that was a decision he came up with with his agent. Who knows.

Sure, but there's a difference between just track speed and saying someone has World Class track speed. That kind of speed can't be hidden on a track minus injury.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
^RamsFan503: Honestly, I needed to get off the MCAT books and relax more, cause I was just done trying to work... Here I was last night saying we all need to chill out, then I see your post and decide to rant about it hahaha a bit hypocritical right? Didn't mean to be such a butt about it, I was just kinda moody I guess. Draft does need to come man, it's easy to lose your patients at times.

Not a problem man. Like NJ - I think we're beating a dead horse clear into the afterlife.

And here's the but. But I do wish RFIP would tame down the rhetoric that the only way the Rams prove they know anything about offense or care about offense is if they take Watkins. There is a reason that none of us are getting paid for our opinions. There's one thing to having an opinion and even being critical of a regime. There's another to pontificating that if the regime doesn't agree with you on a specific draft choice, it's because they are too ignorant. Watkins is a very good college player - no doubt about it. I don't think there is anyone on here who has said otherwise. Certainly Jrry hasn't. But I don't see anyone else HERE calling out the regime as if they know more about football.

Anyway - as always - Cheers guys.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I blame all this extra frustration and irascibility on the evil Goodall, who extended the interval between free agency and the draft for his own evil purposes. :sneaky::ROFLMAO: Get the darn draft started already!!!
That's what I'm sayin' Effin' Goodell. Everything bad is his fault. Let's just cut to the chase.

RFIP

Sure, but there's a difference between just track speed and saying someone has World Class track speed. That kind of speed can't be hidden on a track minus injury.

So all I can take form this comment is that you DID NOT READ the post from yesterday that SAID he has world class speed.

Goodness this board sometimes, is it everyone pile on RFIP day?

Let's try something new here like READING WHAT WAS POSTED before we post.

Whatever.

Memphis Ram

Legend
So all I can take form this comment is that you DID NOT READ the post from yesterday that SAID he has world class speed.

Goodness this board sometimes, is it everyone pile on RFIP day?

Let's try something new here like READING WHAT WAS POSTED before we post.

Whatever.

Er..no. I read the post. But, unlike yourself apparently, I don't blindly believe or agree with everything that I read.

Sorry. But, while I'm not a fan of doing such homework, I could pull up other draft profiles that over the years have proven to be wrong, too.

Last edited:

Speeps

Starter
LOL! I always LOL at this stuff. Let's compare a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL, to one that has cemented himself as one of the best in the game. Laughable. If Watkins goes to a team with a poor offensive line, and bad QB, what happens to his numbers? Will he still be better than Jones at the next level?

Of course he's also talking about better physical athlete. However, there are many factors that will determine in a player becomes elite or mediocre, and many of those have nothing to do with the player themself.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
However, there are many factors that will determine in a player becomes elite or mediocre, and many of those have nothing to do with the player themself.

Good point. Sam Bradford is a classic example of an athlete who had he been selected by a team with a solid O-line and above average receivers, might himself by now be spoken of as an elite QB.

This thread was beginning to get on my nerves so I listened to this video. All better now. Her voice made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe it'll do the same for some of you. :cool:

tonyl711

Starter
I wonder if all the receivers not named Sammy Watkins in this years draft realize how much they suck.

If they did they'd probably just skip the draft altogether and put those communications degrees to work for them.
you could turn that around and say the same thing about OTs, some here think it Robinson or Mathews or the draft is a bust, so I guess any other OT sucks?

tonyl711

Starter
LOL! I always LOL at this stuff. Let's compare a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL, to one that has cemented himself as one of the best in the game. Laughable. If Watkins goes to a team with a poor offensive line, and bad QB, what happens to his numbers? Will he still be better than Jones at the next level?

Of course he's also talking about better physical athlete. However, there are many factors that will determine in a player becomes elite or mediocre, and many of those have nothing to do with the player themself.
kind of like comparing Robinson to Pace huh?

Speeps

Starter
Interesting. I'll say this. Watkins needs someone to get him the ball, and the person getting him the ball needs time to throw the ball.

The Robinson/Pace argument is too touchy for me LOL, but the same principles apply.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you could turn that around and say the same thing about OTs, some here think it Robinson or Mathews or the draft is a bust, so I guess any other OT sucks?

If you'd like my opinion, I think the other LT prospects in this draft aren't particularly appealing...at least in that they don't have the same ability of those two to play OG and then take over at LT in the future. Their maybe a guy that surprises in the 2nd or 3rd or 4th or later. But as it stands right now, beyond Robinson and Matthews, I see either guys that might stick at LT but can't play OG or guys that can't play LT. Or guys that I just plain don't want. ;)

I wouldn't say sucks but if I had to choose between the number 1 OT and number 5 WR or number 1 WR and number 3 OT I'm taking the number 1 OT.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
^jrry32, if you can't empathize that maybe JUST MAYBE you guys got under his skin a bit tttoooo, idk what to tell you. It's not hard to get the impression that some of you guys think he's stupid with the GIFs and posts you guys made, cause that's what I'd be saying. Idk what RFIP even got from the GIFs, probably laughed it off pretty well but also wouldn't be hard to see him get annoyed with them too.

I'm sure I've gotten under his skin. He REALLY like Watkins. I don't like Watkins nearly as much. And I'm vocal about it. That, enough, will probably frustrate him.

The gifs, however, were aimed at the GM's opinion...which is what the thread was originally about. It had nothing to do with calling RFIP "stupid" nor would I ever call him "stupid". I might question his evaluation of Watkins. I might believe he's gotten too emotionally attached to be objective. But I wouldn't call the guy stupid. I don't know RFIP. He seems to present himself as a plenty intelligent guy.

Yes. That was nuts too.