Casserly: "I rate Watkins ahead of Julio Jones"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure rfip is saying megatron is in a class all by himself.

You very well could be right and I could be misunderstanding that. But the capitalized ALL BY HIMSELF made me believe he was talking about Watkins. Because he was putting emphasis on that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A) You don't REALLY think a lot of Watkins, which is fine. You've made your bed their so please just sleep calmy. No need to hedge your bets "just in case you are wrong.." You are CLEARLY on record in my book and I'll be the first to give you full props if Watkins washes out.

B) Your constant talk of several other wr's more pro ready and better than this or that, in this draft is laughable. As time goes on there are more and more people who think Watkins game, though needing "some" work, is close to as air tight as possible.

C) If Jones catches a pass on the outside vs a db he has a very good chance of breaking a tackle, and if aganst Jenkins, well should those even really count??? What I'm talking about with Watkins seen so evidently in ANY oine of his videos, where he catches balls in traffic at or near the LOS and makes 5-10+ yards like you'd see a good rb get those "3-4 yards" on plays that are blocked for a zero yard gain.

Julio Jones is a fine, top 3-5 wr in this league in my opinion. I love the guy but I can see past the fact that even though Watkins is a few inches shorter he is still quite capable of reaching the heights as an NFL receiver that Jones is at, maybe not in the exact same manner but this kid will leave his own trail in time.

I realize Jrry doesn't need me defending him but really RFIP? We get that you are totally and inextricably tied to Watkins being a Ram. But what you say about jrry is pretty ridiculous. Jrry and I actually argued about this at one point where I didn't think Watkins was all that. (It was far from the first or last time Jrry and I disagreed about something here) In that case, as he's done this entire time, he stated that Watkins is the top receiver in this class and why. He also liked Evans and IIRC maybe thought Evans would be a better pick for the Rams if available at 13. I could be wrong on that last part.

You RFIP have taken this Watkins or nothing stance and it is more than bordering on infatuation and trending toward psychotic. It's disturbing - quite honestly. It has resulted in your getting belligerent with anyone who disagrees with you. Save that kind of shit for the PD.

We can all have opinions and we all like to share them, but I don't think you've posted a new thought in your last 100 posts quite honestly. We get it. You think Sammy is a rare talent and you want him in horns and you think our FO and everyone else is ignorant if they don't see it that way.

Maybe you should take a breath and post something that is not within 1 degree of separation from Sammy Watkins. Yeah?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you, Stu. I do appreciate it. As it pertains to Watkins and Evans, as with anything, it depends on the picks. If it's Evans at #13 vs. Watkins at #9...then no. But if we're having to take Watkins in the first 4 or 5 picks. Then yea, I think Evans at #13 is better value. Although, Evans isn't as pro ready as Watkins and will likely need a year to adjust to the pro game...like Alshon Jeffery and a number of other WRs did. So those wanting a WR that will come in and immediately be a threat for us...Evans probably isn't that guy. I think he's going to be a really good WR by his 2nd or 3rd year though.

Not to say he can't succeed as a rookie...as he has outstanding hands. Only that he's a raw prospect whose route tree is limited and his routes are quite raw at this point. The NFL will likely be an adjustment for him...especially when it comes to pushing off. He's going to have to hide his push-offs better. :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thank you, Stu. I do appreciate it. As it pertains to Watkins and Evans, as with anything, it depends on the picks. If it's Evans at #13 vs. Watkins at #9...then no. But if we're having to take Watkins in the first 4 or 5 picks. Then yea, I think Evans at #13 is better value. Although, Evans isn't as pro ready as Watkins and will likely need a year to adjust to the pro game...like Alshon Jeffery and a number of other WRs did. So those wanting a WR that will come in and immediately be a threat for us...Evans probably isn't that guy. I think he's going to be a really good WR by his 2nd or 3rd year though.

Not to say he can't succeed as a rookie...as he has outstanding hands. Only that he's a raw prospect whose route tree is limited and his routes are quite raw at this point. The NFL will likely be an adjustment for him...especially when it comes to pushing off. He's going to have to hide his push-offs better. :)
Yeah I get it man. It's been a little while since we really debated something or strongly disagreed but we have in the past and I'm sure we will in the future. Spice of life - eh? My point wasn't really to defend anyone on here. It was that I have already watched as threads became Sammy Watkins threads or the attempt was at least there. I don't really like blocking anyone or unwatching threads but I'm getting close.

I don't need to go on about this so I'll let it rest here. But I've been on this site since either day one or two. It takes a lot to get me to go after a poster or his MO and I don't like doing it. But this is a special place and I get a little defensive.

Anywho - Cheers all.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah I get it man. It's been a little while since we really debated something or strongly disagreed but we have in the past and I'm sure we will in the future. Spice of life - eh? My point wasn't really to defend anyone on here. It was that I have already watched as threads became Sammy Watkins threads or the attempt was at least there. I don't really like blocking anyone or unwatching threads but I'm getting close.

I don't need to go on about this so I'll let it rest here. But I've been on this site since either day one or two. It takes a lot to get me to go after a poster or his MO and I don't like doing it. But this is a special place and I get a little defensive.

Anywho - Cheers all.
I backed out long ago, lol. I too think Watkins is the best in class, but that got turned into something ugly for some reason. I just feel dirty now:barefoot:

RFIP

I stand by my comments and I was not the only one getting belligerent but I get that I'm the new(er) guy so have at it.

I realize Jrry doesn't need me defending him but really RFIP? We get that you are totally and inextricably tied to Watkins being a Ram. But what you say about jrry is pretty ridiculous. Jrry and I actually argued about this at one point where I didn't think Watkins was all that. (It was far from the first or last time Jrry and I disagreed about something here) In that case, as he's done this entire time, he stated that Watkins is the top receiver in this class and why. He also liked Evans and IIRC maybe thought Evans would be a better pick for the Rams if available at 13. I could be wrong on that last part.

You RFIP have taken this Watkins or nothing stance and it is more than bordering on infatuation and trending toward psychotic. It's disturbing - quite honestly. It has resulted in your getting belligerent with anyone who disagrees with you. Save that kind of crap for the PD.

We can all have opinions and we all like to share them, but I don't think you've posted a new thought in your last 100 posts quite honestly. We get it. You think Sammy is a rare talent and you want him in horns and you think our FO and everyone else is ignorant if they don't see it that way.

Maybe you should take a breath and post something that is not within 1 degree of separation from Sammy Watkins. Yeah?

RamsFan14

Starter
I think we all need to chill out a lil bit. Doesn't help either that some guys here are joking around a bit too much with "RFIP loves Watkins so much blah blah blah" I think I'd get a bit annoyed with that too... Think we all are getting a bit carried away here, it's all a matter of opinion so let's just stop pretending that one person is right and the other is wrong cause that's what it sounds like here. No one knows if Watkins IS in fact better then Jones prospect wise, some people have different takes on it clearly.

This draft needs to hurry up already... NFL should have considered us a bit more and how much this impacts us... A lot :confused::bueller: ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally, I'm not a fan. I think he's a slot WR in the NFL and he reminds me of Brandon Gibson and Jason Avant. Nothing wrong with him. I just don't see much upside.

He's not fast enough to separate vertically or explosive enough to separate consistently as a route runner. That was my take on him before the combine. Great pair of hands and runs hard after the catch but just doesn't have the athleticism.

I was hoping to hear your input.

But... His route skills? Hands? Not bad.

His acceleration is a concern... And how will he do in a press scheme?

SierraRam

Recreational User

I started out in the Watkins camp, but I'm now believing the coach's rhetoric that they are satisfied (enough) to go a different route. With the lack of depth and health on our OL, if we don't take one of the top tackles we're gonna regret it. Not sexy - but necessary.

1. OT
1b CB or Donald
2. S
3 OG
4 CB

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was hoping to hear your input.

But... His route skills? Hands? Not bad.

His acceleration is a concern... And how will he do in a press scheme?

He's a precise route runner but there's a difference between that and great. Gibson was precise. He's just not explosive enough to separate consistently even with him running routes properly. Hands are great. Strong and reliable. Strongest part of his game. And it's why I think he'll be a solid role player in the NFL.

Just don't see the athleticism for him to consistently separate outside. Which is why I think he's a 3rd down option and slot guy like Jason Avant or Brandon Gibson. Will make some tough catches. Will run hard after the catch. But you can't rely on him to win against 1 on 1 match-ups consistently...especially talented CBs.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think we all need to chill out a lil bit. Doesn't help either that some guys here are joking around a bit too much with "RFIP loves Watkins so much blah blah blah" I think I'd get a bit annoyed with that too... Think we all are getting a bit carried away here, it's all a matter of opinion so let's just stop pretending that one person is right and the other is wrong cause that's what it sounds like here. No one knows if Watkins IS in fact better then Jones prospect wise, some people have different takes on it clearly.

This draft needs to hurry up already... NFL should have considered us a bit more and how much this impacts us... A lot :confused::bueller: ;)

One of my favorite things about ROD is the self-moderation you all do here. :bow:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well said my man

RamsFan14

Starter

You RFIP have taken this Watkins or nothing stance and it is more than bordering on infatuation and trending toward psychotic. It's disturbing - quite honestly. It has resulted in your getting belligerent with anyone who disagrees with you. Save that kind of crap for the PD.

Psychotic?!?! Ok... that comment disturbs and annoys me a lot, why on earth would you say that? Go back to page 1 and see the kind of comments (and GIFS) he gets FOR STATING A GMS OPINION! He stated an opinion saying he rates Watkins over Jones, what's wrong with that? Granted yes RFIP does love Watkins a lot (we can see that), some of the comments and GIFs posted just from a GMs opinion were a bit too much, can you really not see how much you're probably getting under his skin too? A lot of undermining comments too... You don't have to agree with RFIPs opinion, but man it's not like you guys are playing fair ball either. To say psychotic tho?! Hell to the no...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Psychotic?!?! Ok... that comment disturbs and annoys me a lot, why on earth would you say that? Go back to page 1 and see the kind of comments (and GIFS) he gets FOR STATING A GMS OPINION! He stated an opinion saying he rates Watkins over Jones, what's wrong with that? Granted yes RFIP does love Watkins a lot (we can see that), some of the comments and GIFs posted just from a GMs opinion were a bit too much, can you really not see how much you're probably getting under his skin too? A lot of undermining comments too... You don't have to agree with RFIPs opinion, but man it's not like you guys are playing fair ball either. To say psychotic tho?! Hell to the no...

I hardly think a gif of a bunch of shocked people(for humor...if you saw Wrestlemania...it was quite humorous) and Mila Kunis laughing is cause for outrage. Especially considering it was directed at the GM's opinion. Since this is what the thread was about...correct?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nah man. You're right here and I apologize to the forum. It was bad form. Can the daft get here already?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct. I thought it was obvious that I was talking Megatron but I guess not...:sleep:

My mistake. Misunderstood it the first time I read it. I see it now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's a precise route runner but there's a difference between that and great. Gibson was precise. He's just not explosive enough to separate consistently even with him running routes properly. Hands are great. Strong and reliable. Strongest part of his game. And it's why I think he'll be a solid role player in the NFL.

Just don't see the athleticism for him to consistently separate outside. Which is why I think he's a 3rd down option and slot guy like Jason Avant or Brandon Gibson. Will make some tough catches. Will run hard after the catch. But you can't rely on him to win against 1 on 1 match-ups consistently...especially talented CBs.

I havent read all of this thread because of the bickering. So help me out here. Are you talking about Watkins here?