PREGAME Cardinals at Rams - What do we need to do to win on MNF?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I would play 12 yards off the WR's on third and 6 because defending the deep ball is priority 1.

I would go 5 wide and have my QB throw into triple coverage because there is always a good chance of a TD don't cha know.

Easy Peasy.
I think that we've just found our next DC!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I would play 12 yards off the WR's on third and 6 because defending the deep ball is priority 1.

I would go 5 wide and have my QB throw into triple coverage because there is always a good chance of a TD don't cha know.

Easy Peasy.
Umm....blue font?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ertz isn't all that deadly anymore.
True but he's the midget's security blanket in some ways. I just don't want to see the dude open every other play for a free 5 yard gainer underneath.

I don't feel great about this game and part of it is that underneath and not having Jones. Feels like our defense might struggle, I just don't trust them. I don't trust the offense either btw. So anyway. Hopefully the Rams DL dominates this one and we limp to a win, I don't care how hideous it might be just survive and move on.

Re: losing Fuller... Forgot about that. Goddammit.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A gap blitzes every play with 8 in the box and hope there’s no time to throw.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Both teams seem to be better on the road than at home. Especially Arizona. Makes me wish we coulda played them in their house. But if they don't let Murray make big first downs running the ball I think we win.

Question is, will they try and get physical knowing its a problem for us? I'm not sure that would be as effective for them as it was for the 49ers. They don't seem to be a team who likes to play physical. Rams just gotta watch the dump offs to James Connor. He can do damage with those plays.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I were Arizona, I would target the Rams inside linebackers with James Conner and Zach Ertz. I would also go after the depleted secondary and target Rapp, Scott, Burgess and DD especially with their tall receivers like AJ Green. And lots of short passes because Morris likes to play his corners 10 yards off the ball. Stay away from Ramsey.

And Arizona can run on the D as well. Conner proved that last game, although he was limited after being hurt. And their D is not bad.

I hope the Rams don't underestimate this team. I am concerned because of the physically and emotionally exhausting game they just played.
I don't know if underestimating ANY playoff team by the Rams is possible, at this point. Right now I just want to win one playoff game and the rest is gravy. Getting a playoff win gets the monkey off Stafford's back inre winning a playoff game. Of course it won't satisfy some who say that if he doesn't win the Super Bowl, he is a failure, which is utter BS.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Deandre Hopkins is out officially per Klingsbury. Huge break there.
Now just stick Ramsey on Green and eliminate him. Then our biggest concerns are either Edmonds/Conner (if he plays) and Murray and his feet. We had a masterful plan to stop the run last week in the first half, then it disappeared. Lets get that game plan back in (first half only) and shut the run down completely.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm going to be a HUGE Eagles fan against Bucs. If they win, we are assured of not playing GB in the next round. Same can be said about the Whiners, but there is ZERO percent chance I can root for them to win anything. I'd rather take my chances against (hopefully) the cowgirls.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember in 2019 when we lost a Super Bowl? The narrative was that we lost because Cooper Kupp was injured.

Kupp is healthy, so what do we say now?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember in 2019 when we lost a Super Bowl? The narrative was that we lost because Cooper Kupp was injured.

Kupp is healthy, so what do we say now?

Why don't you wait until they make the superbowl and lose it before you ask that question.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Opposing View: Kliff Kingsbury on how Cardinals are approaching facing Rams a third time this season​

As the Cardinals get set to face the Rams a third time this season, two constants carryover as focal points of their preparation: Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp and a pass rush led by defensive lineman Aaron Donald.

Heading into Monday night's Wild Card game at SoFi Stadium (5:15 p.m. pacific time, , limiting both will be at the top of mind for Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury.

Kupp finished the regular season as the NFL's first receiving triple crown winner – as in, league-leader in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns – since 2005 and fourth of the Super Bowl era with his 145 receptions for 1,947 receiving yards and 16 receiving touchdowns in the first season of the NFL's 17-game era. He was five receptions shy of breaking Michael Thomas' NFL single-season receptions record and 18 yards shy of breaking Calvin Johnson's NFL single-season receiving yards record.

Within that, he had five receptions for 64 yards against the Cardinals in Week 4, then 13 catches for 123 yards and one touchdown when the two teams met again in Week 14.

"Nobody's slowed him down," Kingsbury told Arizona reporters Wednesday, when asked about Kupp. "He's got his numbers every week, regardless of coverages or player or whatever people have been trying to do to stop him. And so that's a credit to him. He has such a great feel for the game, great understanding of their system, great understanding of how to create space and separation. I just can't say enough good things about him. So it's going to be a group effort trying to slow him down, but you know he's going to get his. You just gotta try to contain it as best as you can."

Like Kupp, Donald had a dominant performance against the Cardinals in Week 14, turning in five total tackles (three for loss), three sacks, three QB hits and a pass breakup that led directly to an interception compared to four total tackles alone in Week 4. It helped state his case as eventual NFC Defensive Player of the Month for December.

While an up-tempo approach would seemingly help keep Donald and the Rams' pass rush at bay, Kingsbury indicated longer drives would serve the Cardinals better.

"Anytime you play a d-line likes this, it's going to be a huge challenge, whether you try to go up-tempo or not," Kingsbury said. "They've handled that well in the past when we've gone against them. You really just want to try and on schedule, and if you can, keep those guys on the field as many plays as possible. That's really the only chance you have to try and slow down Donald and some of those pass-rushers they have. So consistently making the routine plays, staying on schedule, extending drives, that's going to be a huge part of us trying to win the game."

Beyond Donald and Kupp, there's the overall challenge of preparing for a familiar opponent they split the regular season series with.

"Luckily we're 1-1 against this opponent," Kingsbury told Arizona reporters Monday. "I just think there's so much parity in this league that when you go against a team who has a bunch of great competitors like the Rams do, and they know you and you know them, it just makes it tough. You've already put together two gameplans, you're trying to get together a third to try and defeat them in all three phases, and it's a tall task. You've got to have a lot of things go right when two teams know each other that well."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We got our playoff ticket.

One game at a time.

This team can hang with anyone. Time to go on another win streak.

Go Rams!

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
The answer is, Kupp is enough to win.....
One player is never enough to win - it takes the majority of the team (offense, defense, ST) to play full on, with adequate coaching on all fronts. Big failures in any one of these means lack of success...