CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Tuesday 7-30-24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not trying to be a smart ass. Just looking for more insight to your thought process. Who other than Adonai Mitchell do you think would have been available at 52 that would be a big playmaker at WR.
Someone likley will, whether it be WR or even a LB or DL that outshines Fiske...and again, I like Fiske. As I later stated I could have used Kinchens or Corum as an example since we are talking about a 4th rd pick in Hopkins.

Point is, teams will focus on roster need, especially in those middle to late rds.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just don't have him cover players deep on pass plays anymore.

If they run pass him, make sure he has someone to pass the guy off to.

Hoecht started as a 300lb freaking UDRFA DT from Brown University !!

He has worked his way to a OLB who is better off as a DE,but his skill level keeps improving.He is a guy Jared Verse looks up to & being mentored by.He’s helping him in coverage a long with B. Young.

If you see how he works with Joe Coniglio on the sideline & during you can see he isn’t limited.Raheem Morris saw that he could play outside LBer after he made that game saving tackle against Cinccy in the Super Bowl.

Yes he was in coverage against Detroit on that last drive,but The Rams defensive front will be different.He wouldn’t be ask as much,but to say he can’t do something & limit him is BS!! Far enough Ram players will keep proving you wrong & others will disappoint.
Hoecht is TEAM first & always has been. McAllister is a guy he has helped after practices.I like the underdogs who work hard.

Cory Littleton was a guy you probably doubted as well ! In the superbowl Brady went 3 times after him in a row to finally hit Gronk for a TD

Tano

Legend
Hoecht started as a 300lb freaking UDRFA DT from Brown University !!

He has worked his way to a OLB who is better off as a DE,but his skill level keeps improving.He is a guy Jared Verse looks up to & being mentored by.He’s helping him in coverage a long with B. Young.

If you see how he works with Joe Coniglio on the sideline & during you can see he isn’t limited.Raheem Morris saw that he could play outside LBer after he made that game saving tackle against Cinccy in the Super Bowl.

Yes he was in coverage against Detroit on that last drive,but The Rams defensive front will be different.He wouldn’t be ask as much,but to say he can’t do something & limit him is BS!! Far enough Ram players will keep proving you wrong & others will disappoint.
Hoecht is TEAM first & always has been. McAllister is a guy he has helped after practices.I like the underdogs who work hard.

Cory Littleton was a guy you probably doubted as well ! In the superbowl Brady went 3 times after him in a row to finally hit Gronk for a TD
I have seen Hoecht get burned far too many times on deep patterns of over 15 - 30 yards.

He should never be in man.

If he is going to drop back into coverage, then it should be zone coverage only.

And I like Hoecht but still feel he is better suited to be on DL. Did you ever see AD Brown or Turner drop into coverage. Hoecht should always be on the line as well.

Last year - we were kinda stuck with Hoecht as a LB but I like the guys we have now and feel Hoecht should be permanently moved to DL. But that is just me. Maybe Shula likes moving players around. We shall see.

And Dude - cool it on the harshness - you're making up stuff that I have never said about players.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have seen Hoecht get burned far too many times on deep patterns of over 15 - 30 yards.

He should never be in man.

If he is going to drop back into coverage, then it should be zone coverage only.

And I like Hoecht but still feel he is better suited to be on DL. Did you ever see AD Brown or Turner drop into coverage. Hoecht should always be on the line as well.

Last year - we were kinda stuck with Hoecht as a LB but I like the guys we have now and feel Hoecht should be permanently moved to DL. But that is just me. Maybe Shula likes moving players around. We shall see.

And Dude - cool it on the harshness - you're making up stuff that I have never said about players.

Well WE DISAGREE! The Rams IMO do as well from what I saw in training camp.

In fact Hoecht looks faster than he EVER has once again IMO.He even line up wider than Jared Verse.Verse on his Mic’d Up says put me in coverage.Talking to I be lieve is(everybody) Ernest Jones.Telling him I want to do what you guys do,I can do it.
—Yes that is JARED VERSE who is going to be a FREAK & a player you might come to LOVE,but don’t want to put word in your mouth.

B. Jackson is going to be interesting to watch in preseason games.There’s no way you are going to see Hoecht play DT/DL on a consistent bases. He is to fast & slimmed down.He was always a tweeter to me & not 300lbs like he was listed.I use his size as an example.

Morgan Fox was a different type of player,but he couldn’t handle what Hoecht can.Shula was a apart of that transition & Fix was probably actually quicker off the Line of scrimmage on all cours(3’s).

You saying what you believe doesn’t mean he can’t do it & won’t be asked to do it.Of course if the pass rush gets to The QB he doesn’t have to go that deep.Plus shade Curl towards him & cheat on that side & maybe you have a PICK 6 ?

Tano

Legend

In fact Hoecht looks faster than he EVER has once again IMO.He even line up wider than Jared Verse.Verse on his Mic’d Up says put me in coverage.Talking to I be lieve is(everybody) Ernest Jones.Telling him I want to do what you guys do,I can do it.
—Yes that is JARED VERSE who is going to be a FREAK & a player you might come to LOVE,but don’t want to put word in your mouth.

B. Jackson is going to be interesting to watch in preseason games.There’s no way you are going to see Hoecht play DT/DL on a consistent bases. He is to fast & slimmed down.He was always a tweeter to me & not 300lbs like he was listed.I use his size as an example.

Morgan Fox was a different type of player,but he couldn’t handle what Hoecht can.Shula was a apart of that transition & Fix was probably actually quicker off the Line of scrimmage on all cours(3’s).

You saying what you believe doesn’t mean he can’t do it & won’t be asked to do it.Of course if the pass rush gets to The QB he doesn’t have to go that deep.Plus shade Curl towards him & cheat on that side & maybe you have a PICK 6 ?
Man you like to make stuff up about me.

I have never once said a negative thing about Verse. I like the pick. And think he will eventually be a great player. Might take him a bit though.

And I even stated that I would like Hoecht to pass off the guy if he gets past him. Curl would be excellent at that.

Tano

Legend

And you can always disagree but you don't have to be harsh about it.

There is something called tact. You could learn something from that word.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man you like to make stuff up about me.

I have never once said a negative thing about Verse. I like the pick. And think he will eventually be a great player. Might take him a bit though.

And I even stated that I would like Hoecht to pass off the guy if he gets past him. Curl would be excellent at that.

Lol - just said you might fall in Live with Jared Verse is all. Who knows,not saying either way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And you can always disagree but you don't have to be harsh about it.

There is something called tact. You could learn something from that word.
Yeah - even in full tact you can get horse manure. I’ll agree about that.

As far as Hoecht goes,don’t hold your breath if you want to see him playing much upfront.

D.Johnson has looked good inside,Murch got phrase from Mcvay.Turner is back,and 95 is just a big dude.The Rams brought in a lot of guys to play inside.
—If The Rams didn’t draft Jared Verse this team wouldn’t be the same. Counting on Hoecht 100% of the time would make this difficult.

I’ll continue to Ramble how lucky The Rams got in this 2024 Draft.B. Young is already better for it.The Rams tried to switch Hoecht & Young last season try to put him in coverage more.
I give you credit for caring & wanting The Rams to do well.Just might not be the way your picturing it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wonder what happens to Russ Yeast this year ? The numbers might not add up for him ?
-Curl & Kinchens are already penciled in a long with JJ & Lake.

Jason Taylor will be a player to watch in the preseason.He made a couple plays.