CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Tuesday 7-30-24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We’re being treated to Mariachi music. It is vamos day here
Got a cheap keychain.IMO you guys do V.I.P. As good as anybody.I just do my thing I am CRAZY!!! My GF just saw my key chain & said I usually get more from my visits. Funny

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh I will be missing AD. I will ALWAYS be missing AD.
Of course - if you ask me from what I saw resort of different than what has been reported??? I honestly don’t know what has been exactly what has been reported. I have my own views.

Yes AD99 will always be missed,but then again I will TOTALLY agree with Veteran Rams.The reason is of how The SALARY CAP WORKS & who The Rams have on defense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Have to say I a little F’d up & caught in the moment. This is a Tuesday thread & don’t mean to blow it up.
-Still the experience from a friend I took the last 2 years says he LOVED this experience better !!
I will say I agree,except the for the dates & tickets.

Veteran Ram & Bubbaram might say,not drinking in the stands would be the biggest downfall??

sloramfan

Starter
david (deacon) jones, reggie white, LT, AD, butkus, all honorable mentions...

i actually got to see all of those guys play...

but deacon jones was probably my favorite, he was just ridiculous....

go rams

slo

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Sorry for the late post had to go through my voice notes and try to make sense of them.

A big thanks to Flatlyner for supplying me with the tickets for todays camp!

Have to say here at the top, DEFENSE WON THE DAY!

I love seeing Ernest Jones on the sideline fully engaged and communicating when the twos are on the field

Impressed with Bobby Brown, Byron Young, Tre'Davious White, Quenton Lake, and Jared Verse.

Boston Scott runs hard!

Kyren Williams, such great vision and instincts.

I know it's obvious but Stafford is in another universe from our other QBs.

Camp Report 07/30/24

Gates opened at 3:15 came straight to the bleachers sat down and ran into the legends, Veteran Ram Fan and Bubba Ram! Great guys! I really enjoyed meeting and talking ball with them.

Jordan Whittington out early working the jugs machine
Ethan Evans out kicking some balls (footballs)

D line working on the baseball field behind the bleachers hitting the sleds.

Uncle Bill went down to see if Dallas Raines (local weatherman, legend) was at the ABC eyewitness news tent, he wasn’t but he did see Curt Sandoval (local sportscaster) said hi.

Qbs were first out, other then the other few I mentioned.
Rest of the team is out stretching except D tackles still back on baseball field

Players split up into position groups, we've got the quarterbacks in front of us working out with centers practicing snaps Stafford with Avila, Jimmy G with Mike McCallister, Bennett with Beaux Limmer, and Winn with Justin Dedich. Under center, shotgun, and QB rollouts.

Running backs have trainers throwing ground balls to them, looks like they’re practicing fielding short kicks.

Was starting to wonder where Cooper and Puka were...and here they come about 15 or 20 minutes after everyone else. Must have been doing interviews, came from the media tents.

Special teams lining up for punting drills. Evans booms a high one, nice hang time, fielded by Kyren Williams (really?)
Next up Tutu fields a line drive punt.
Xavier Smith makes a nice play fielding a punt along the sideline.

Over in the corner I notice Kupp, Puka, Kam Curl, and TreDavious White all running wind sprints together. Afterward looks like Curl is engaging Kupp, getting some tips.

Boston Scott, Xavier Smith, Blake Corum, Tutu, Kyren Williams, and Tyler Johnson all fielding punts
Another high punt from Evans, five plus second hang time, fielded by Kyren Williams again.
Evans Booms another one, I counted six seconds this time, fielded by Tutu
I think Evans got one blocked either that or he shanked one.
Tutu drops a punt this time with coverage around him.
The new Ram Jerry Jacobs fielded a punt as a gunner after punt returner waves it off.

Entire defense heads to baseball field.

Starting Offense runs a couple bubble screens one to Cooper on the left one to Puka on the right.
Really nice ball from Stafford on an out and up route to Kupp. One handed grab by Jordan Weddington on an overthrow pass from dresser Winn on the same route, then followed up by another one handed grab by Stoops on another overthrow by Winn.

Defense coming back out onto the main field.

Starting Offense practicing quick slants in the redzone against the 2nd string D

Nice pass down the sideline in the back corner of the end zone from Stafford to Tutu Colby Parkinson try for one handed grab at goal line couldn’t hold on, Stafford to Davis Alan being guarded by John Johnson who broke it up but looked like he may have tweeked his foot or ankle, came hobbling off the field. Stafford throw a touchdown to Puka and another one to Cooper Kupp being guarded by Quentin Lake. Stafford to Kupp or Puka looks unstoppable.

Rams ran a trick play with Davis Allen motion direct snap to him as he came across but he kind of bobbled the ball blew the play up.

2nd O vs ones on D Jimmy G, 30 yard pass down the left sideline for Tyler Johnson broken up by Quinton Lake, would’ve been a great pass but Jimmy G overthrew him.
Verse closing the pocket Jimmy G moved up in the pocket nice, over the middle but dropped
Stafford handoff to Kyren, hole plugged up, bounced to the outside around the right side gained about 10 to 15 yards
Cooper in motion Stafford hits him with a laser across the middle
Full starting offense of line except for Noteboom replacing Jackson
Jimmy G overthrows Tutu down the left side line
Stafford delayed handoff to Blake Corum nice hole up the middle would’ve been a long gainer.
Still 1's against 2's
Jimmy G hand off to Boston Scott trying to run up the middle but nowhere to go but won’t go down keeps banging and banging and banging till he finally gets through he wasn’t gonna go down.
Hand off to Kyron up the middle, hole closed up quick shut down by Desjuan Johnson.
Hand off to Kyren around the left side look like it had some promise but D shut it down couldn’t see who, was a group of players
See Ernest Jones coaching up guys from the sideline
Nice little screen to the left hand side to Kyren zig zagging his way through for about 6 or 7 yards.
Stafford hits Davis Allen in the flat gets flattened by Jaylen McCollough

Goal post wheeled out, a narrow version of a goal post. Full special teams for field goal tries. Karty hits from 25 yards out, hits from 30, from 35, 40, 45, misses the last one from 50.
1s against 1s now, starting from the 10 yard line, oh almost picked off by Tre White, doing push-ups cause he dropped it.
Pitch out to Kyren but Bobby Brown strings him out all the way to sideline, no gain, the whole D is jumping around Brown slapping him on the helmet.
Try to run Kyren up the middle went nowhere shut down by Byron Young.
Stafford hits D Rob up the left-hand side nice pump fake in stride for about 10 yards.
Third down delayed handoff up the middle to Kyren Williams went nowhere Verse in on the tackle.
Fourth down Play action roll out to the right Stafford hits Long in the flat for about 5 yards, turnover on downs they go back to the 10 yard line.
2s on 2s now
Jimmy G hits Tyler Johnson over the middle
Second down Jimmy G hit’s Davis Allen down the left side line little bit underthrown but Allen reached back to get it.
Jimmy G with the jump pass to Xavier Smith got a first down.
Ones come back out.
Hand off to Corum ip the middle bounces it out to the left but Lake shuts it down.
Run up the middle O line got a good push on the D but only got about 4 yards

Kyren on the left side for about 2 yards fourth down

Horn blows ending the period but McVay is coming out they’re gonna run a few more plays
McVay yelling encouragement to the D let’s go D let’s go
Kyren Williams up the middle for maybe a yard
Stafford throws 10 yard out route Cooper Kupp, Tre White with a diving breakup, Tre's been looking good.
Stafford to Puka over the middle all alone about an 8 yard pass gained another 5 yards after the catch.

Hand off up the middle Kyren Williams Hoecht shot around the left side into the backfield to make the would be tackle.

Staff dropping back pocket started to collapse Verse would have had a sack Stafford still throughs the pass to Kupp down the right side line in the end zone but broken up by Quentin Lake nice play by Lake.
I noticed on that play Fiske and Bobby Brown running a stunt which in turn freed up Verse.
Nice swim move by Fiske shot into the backfield, but I think Kyren would’ve got past him.
Jimmy G throws a high floater for Tutu Russ Yeast had great coverage but Tutu fell back into the end zone to make the catch.
Horn sounds again players are kind of looking around but McVay is there telling the starters to get lined back up, waving his arms to get moving.
The combination of Fiske and Bobby Brown in the middle seems really stout against the run.
A screen to Puka shoots through for the touchdown from about 15 yards out.
Bobby brown with another stop on a run around the left side, he’s really got some wheels for how big he is, can move sideline to sideline pretty impressive.
The defense is getting the best of the offense today.
A lot of runs up the middle, just pounding the ball time after time after time.
Looks like Zach Evans is in there, first time I’ve seen him tonight
Horn sounds again, McVay bringing everyone down to the far end of the field to run more 11 on 11‘s. This time Stetson Bennett's in there with Boston Scott in the backfield
Boston Scott up the middle just gets blasted by Tuli Letuligasenoa but bounces off and keeps running.
Stetson Bennett hits Stoops out in the flat just gets blasted by Jerry Jacobs.
Bennett throws over the middle to Laap broken up by Cam Lampkin nice play by him
Stetson Bennett with a play action pass to Nikola Kalinic out on the left side for about five yards but he keeps on trying to run keeps on trying to run finally defense had enough just blasted him. Getting chippy out there.
Hand off Elias Neal makes a play in the backfield to end practice.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I had The Best Spot in THE HOUSE!!
Just F’d up & got caught up in the moment & NOT THINKING RIGHT.
Missed the defensive drills & just needed to look behind myself.

As dumb as I was I thought there might be a scrimmage & Shula took the defense to some locker room. I can’t make it tomorrow because of silly appointment.
Guess I have to wait until next year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just getting started with stretching No Aleric aJackson
Excellent reporting.Forgot my glasses.Near sided & didn’t see a lot of the O’line.
I called Ryan Wendle ,Wendle (coach) . After practice he was walking out by Fans Gate towards campus though .Told him what a great job he has done with The Offensive Line.

Said he has some hard decisions to make & he cares for these guys.
He’s actually as big as you’d think?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hated the Eagles, but Reggie White was a hell of a player and a freak for his time. There were no 6-5 285 lb DE's back then, especially who could move like him and with his power.
Jerome Brown was AWESOME!! He was before a lot of the smaller DT’s. When next to Reggie White he was pretty good!!
Green Bay had this run stuffing NT.There defense was real good with White.
—There’s been some great defenses. I’m going to keep saying it though.The Rams have a player who is going to breakout.
Don’t think Kobie Turner was playing Tuesday?? Bobby Briwn is my Guy this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You forgot to add Kobie Turner-- groin strain--I think it happened before training camp
Well- just mention that. Saw Dotson out there for a while.Not sure late.I was watching the Defense Dominate IMO ?

Ryan Wendel was heading some where ? Wanted to give Zack Kroger props to him,but the Offensive Line will be ok.Rather those guys be hurt now.The preseason will keep competition tight.

With The CB’s going down there were some saying (myself)bring in
Whiterspoon.

Jerry Jacobs had the BIGGEST HIT of the day!!! He made a couple other plays as well.

The Player of The Day was IMO Quentin Lake!! He was all over the Field & working hard.

Bobby Brown I’ll keep bringing up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My last TC report for this season. Had a tic for tomorrow but have to get my RV out of the shop. Just a one hour walk through as they really went at it hard today.
Nice day, low 80's, big crowd. Everyone practicing except Aleric Jackson, Darious Williams and Kobie Turner. Noteboom took Jacksons place at LT for the 1st team O. Players came out on time, did their stretching and jumping thing for about 10 min. Then separated into position groups, Pretty much the same 1st team as yesterday. QB's handing off to RB's, WR's running short routes with coaches tossing them a ball. DB's doing a strange drill I have no clue what they were trying to get done. Coach tossing a ball high in the air, DB trying to get to it. New one on me.
Evans getting snaps from Ward and kicking some bombs to Xaviar Smith, Kyren Williams (ya, I don't like it either), Wiglasz and Winn. Smith by far the most competent. Evans with over 5 seconds hang time and 50 plus yd.'s
Again WR's going 15-20 yds out with a DB covering. Fun to watch them mixing it up, Lots of PI going on by both sides. Of course Kupp, Nacua catch everything, TuTu and Johnson did well also.
1st team O remains the same with the exception of Noteboom at LT. 1st team D the same except with Turner out they rotated several different guys in at DT. Hoecht played a lot Cory Durden, Davis and Olagiga saw snaps in the middle. 2nd team D saw just about everybody left get time in. First time I noticed USC guy Tui Latuligasenoa on the field.
The 11 on 11 lasted most of the remainder of practice with the emphasis on the run. The defense did a good job of stopping it. I's impressed as stopping the run was my biggest concern going into camp. DB's are playing well, but not stopping Kupp and Nacua,
They did bring out the goalposts near the end and Karty made 3 of 4. Good snaps and good placement. I couldn't see who was taking the snap and placing the ball. I think Evans the punter. This time they had the big guys on the line from D and O. Kicking game is going to be OK I think.
Not much else significant to report. Five days is not alot to make much of a determination, but I can say the Rams offense is the deepest I've seen since coming to TC's. Stafford is balling it. So is the OL. WR is deep. Parkinson shows good hands and can block. Davis Allem and Hunter Long should make the team.
Defense is still Raw and needs some fine tuning, Edge will not be a problem. Verse, Young, Hoecht and Jackson are going to be a great rotation.
Rams have some scrimmages left with Dallas, Chargers before preseason games So they will get some more experience.
Coaching has been intense. McVay wants that Lions game. So do I.

Thanks folks for all the positive feedback. I will be posting some opinions of what I saw here at TC and a first 53 roster soon.

Good night
Nice Bubba Ram - The beer garden wasn’t even close to the same.UCI was FUN drinking & watching ball.

-Demarcus Robinson wasn’t in a lot on Tuesday.Just wondering your thoughts on The WR’s besides Puka & Kupp ?
X- Smith is a guy I wanted CUT!!Between Tyler Johnson & him 18 & 19 it’s hard to judge who is who.They were making plays though.
— glad you brought up Hoecht.He really adds to the rotation & is such a players coach,or a coaches bestie.He brings such a good energy.

—Jared Verse is just so SNEAKY Quick.He can get to the QB fast without many steps.

There is so much going on it’s hard to track.You do an excellent job of positioning & giving the full experience of Training Camp.
-Good luck with your RV. Happy trails to your next adventure.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry for the late post had to go through my voice notes and try to make sense of them.

I love seeing Ernest Jones on the sideline fully engaged and communicating when the twos are on the field

Impressed with Bobby Brown, Byron Young, Tre'Davious White, Quenton Lake, and Jared Verse.

Boston Scott runs hard!

Camp Report 07/30/24

Gates opened at 3:15 came straight to the bleachers sat down and ran into the legends, Veteran Ram Fan and Bubba Ram! Great guys! I really enjoyed meeting and talking ball with them.

Uncle Bill went down to see if Dallas Raines (local weatherman, legend) was at the ABC eyewitness news tent, he wasn’t but he did see Curt Sandoval (local sportscaster) said hi.

Rest of the team is out stretching except D tackles still back on baseball field

Players split up into position groups, we've got the quarterbacks in front of us working out with centers practicing snaps Stafford with Avila, Jimmy G with Mike McCallister, Bennett with Beaux Limmer, and Winn with Justin Dedich. Under center, shotgun, and QB rollouts.

Running backs have trainers throwing ground balls to them, looks like they’re practicing fielding short kicks.

Was starting to wonder where Cooper and Puka were...and here they come about 15 or 20 minutes after everyone else. Must have been doing interviews, came from the media tents.

Special teams lining up for punting drills. Evans booms a high one, nice hang time, fielded by Kyren Williams (really?)

Over in the corner I notice Kupp, Puka, Kam Curl, and TreDavious White all running wind sprints together. Afterward looks like Curl is engaging Kupp, getting some tips.

Boston Scott, Xavier Smith, Blake Corum, Tutu, Kyren Williams, and Tyler Johnson all fielding punts
Another high punt from Evans, five plus second hang time, fielded by Kyren Williams again.
The new Ram Jerry Jacobs fielded a punt as a gunner after punt returner waves it off.

Starting Offense runs a couple bubble screens one to Cooper on the left one to Puka on the right.
Really nice ball from Stafford on an out and up route to Kupp. One handed grab by Jordan Weddington on an overthrow pass from dresser Winn on the same route, then followed up by another one handed grab by Stoops on another overthrow by Winn.

Starting Offense practicing quick slants in the redzone against the 2nd string D

Nice pass down the sideline in the back corner of the end zone from Stafford to Tutu Colby Parkinson try for one handed grab at goal line couldn’t hold on, Stafford to Davis Alan being guarded by John Johnson who broke it up but looked like he may have tweeked his foot or ankle, came hobbling off the field. Stafford throw a touchdown to Puka and another one to Cooper Kupp being guarded by Quentin Lake. Stafford to Kupp or Puka looks unstoppable.

Rams ran a trick play with Davis Allen motion direct snap to him as he came across but he kind of bobbled the ball blew the play up.

2nd O vs ones on D Jimmy G, 30 yard pass down the left sideline for Tyler Johnson broken up by Quinton Lake, would’ve been a great pass but Jimmy G overthrew him.
Verse closing the pocket Jimmy G moved up in the pocket nice, over the middle but dropped
Stafford handoff to Kyren, hole plugged up, bounced to the outside around the right side gained about 10 to 15 yards
Stafford delayed handoff to Blake Corum nice hole up the middle would’ve been a long gainer.
Still 1's against 2's
Jimmy G hand off to Boston Scott trying to run up the middle but nowhere to go but won’t go down keeps banging and banging and banging till he finally gets through he wasn’t gonna go down.
Hand off to Kyron up the middle, hole closed up quick shut down by Desjuan Johnson.
Hand off to Kyren around the left side look like it had some promise but D shut it down couldn’t see who, was a group of players
Nice little screen to the left hand side to Kyren zig zagging his way through for about 6 or 7 yards.

Goal post wheeled out, a narrow version of a goal post. Full special teams for field goal tries. Karty hits from 25 yards out, hits from 30, from 35, 40, 45, misses the last one from 50.
1s against 1s now, starting from the 10 yard line, oh almost picked off by Tre White, doing push-ups cause he dropped it.
Pitch out to Kyren but Bobby Brown strings him out all the way to sideline, no gain, the whole D is jumping around Brown slapping him on the helmet.
Stafford hits D Rob up the left-hand side nice pump fake in stride for about 10 yards.
Third down delayed handoff up the middle to Kyren Williams went nowhere Verse in on the tackle.
Fourth down Play action roll out to the right Stafford hits Long in the flat for about 5 yards, turnover on downs they go back to the 10 yard line.
2s on 2s now
Second down Jimmy G hit’s Davis Allen down the left side line little bit underthrown but Allen reached back to get it.
Ones come back out.
Hand off to Corum ip the middle bounces it out to the left but Lake shuts it down.

Horn blows ending the period but McVay is coming out they’re gonna run a few more plays
Stafford throws 10 yard out route Cooper Kupp, Tre White with a diving breakup, Tre's been looking good.
Stafford to Puka over the middle all alone about an 8 yard pass gained another 5 yards after the catch.

Hand off up the middle Kyren Williams Hoecht shot around the left side into the backfield to make the would be tackle.

Staff dropping back pocket started to collapse Verse would have had a sack Stafford still throughs the pass to Kupp down the right side line in the end zone but broken up by Quentin Lake nice play by Lake.
I noticed on that play Fiske and Bobby Brown running a stunt which in turn freed up Verse.
Nice swim move by Fiske shot into the backfield, but I think Kyren would’ve got past him.
Jimmy G throws a high floater for Tutu Russ Yeast had great coverage but Tutu fell back into the end zone to make the catch.
Horn sounds again players are kind of looking around but McVay is there telling the starters to get lined back up, waving his arms to get moving.
The combination of Fiske and Bobby Brown in the middle seems really stout against the run.
Bobby brown with another stop on a run around the left side, he’s really got some wheels for how big he is, can move sideline to sideline pretty impressive.
Horn sounds again, McVay bringing everyone down to the far end of the field to run more 11 on 11‘s. This time Stetson Bennett's in there with Boston Scott in the backfield
Boston Scott up the middle just gets blasted by Tuli Letuligasenoa but bounces off and keeps running.
Bennett throws over the middle to Laap broken up by Cam Lampkin nice play by him
Stetson Bennett with a play action pass to Nikola Kalinic out on the left side for about five yards but he keeps on trying to run keeps on trying to run finally defense had enough just blasted him. Getting chippy out there.
Looks like good reporting.I’ll read & responded later. It’s hard to take it all in & then report right away.
I went out for some nice Taco Tuesday. My lady & I had phone issues.One of us blocked the other some how.Frustrating,but had a MAN Date. A friend of mine enjoyed the practice & experience.He tried to get us in some vip side.We almost made it.He finds these places & puffs a hit of a joint away from people to keep a little buzz going.

I probably need to chill more.I go way to crazy.What a beautiful day though. People were so nice getting into the place.To be young again.There were a lot of cute girls helping out in the parking lot.

I wanted to joke with this one super cute gal spraying lotion lifting he shorts a little.What a smile & innocent. Gosh I’m old enough to be a grandpa.in fact in my hood that’s who I hang with.
Not Grand K in there 2o’s just yet.I wasn’t creepy,but I could have got a LOL & played it off.Sometimes beautiful woman love to be on that bubble.The girl that helped me was a true smart positive sweetheart.
What a beautiful day.Did a little tailgate for 20 minutes.No line so chilled in parking lot w/ snack & drink(s).

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Boston Scott runs hard!

Camp Report 07/30/24

Still 1's against 2's

2s on 2s now
Ones come back out.

That's two wins in a row for the defense then? I know offenses usually come on later into camp but I love hearing that the young defense is fighting!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's two wins in a row for the defense then? I know offenses usually come on later into camp but I love hearing that the young defense is fighting!
Rosenbloom is flying around.He is making reads and going with it.
He is playing faster.
-Like DPjax talks about Ernest Jones cheering the 2nd team he is also out there making plays.The defense is collapsing run plays Like crazy.

I can say Ronnie Rivers broke one cutting across from the right side of the field racing a DB into the End Zone towards the left hash.

Blake Corum had a couple real nice runs & of course Kyren,but he was stuffed a couple times.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Larrell murchison has really slimmed down.Last training camp I was excited about his play,but he had such a BIG BELLY!!! It was a weird body type,and had to be from a POOR DIET!!

Kobie Turner has not been to training camp from reports? Larrell Murchison has filled in at DT. IMO he looks fitter & quicker than at anytime as a RAM!!

He has worked well with BB111 & Fiske. He has been solid holding his own.He has filled some big shoes before and is going to put pressure on come CUT DATE!!
Trying to put the numbers together of who & how many players at each position isn’t going to be easy.
D.Johnson really keeps showing up.94 made a big play against Detroit & mr. irrelevant is going to be hard to let go ?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Watch: Jared Verse beats Joe Noteboom with killer spin move in training camp​

USATSI_23346339.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

July 30, 2024 12:07 pm PT

Jared Verse is going to be a problem, and that’s a really good thing for the Los Angeles Rams. Their first-round pick is off to a great start in training camp, showing why he was one of the top pass rushers in the 2024 draft class.

He’ll continue to improve as time goes on, but he already looks like a Day 1 starter with his combination of size and speed.
During Monday’s first padded practice of camp, Verse went one-on-one with Joe Noteboom and beat the left tackle pretty easily with an absolutely deadly spin move. Verse tried to go inside, got good extension initially and then hit Noteboom with a spin to the outside, winning that rep in eye-popping fashion.

Noteboom may not be a starter anymore for the Rams, but he’s still a quality player and a high-level backup. If Verse can use spin moves like that one during the season, he’s going to be a handful for opposing linemen.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Stock up, stock down after first week of Rams training camp​

USATSI_23346319.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

July 30, 2024 8:58 am PT

Training camp is an important part of the offseason for players to not only push for playing time, but also earn a spot on the 53-man roster. Each year, certain players shine in practice and improve their standing on the depth chart. Others, unfortunately, struggle and fall behind other players at their position.
It’s still relatively early in the summer for the Los Angeles Rams, but there’s a large group of players who have stood out in a positive way, including rookie Braden Fiske and fellow first-year player Jordan Whittington.
Here’s our stock report after one week of practice, catching up on who’s trending in the right direction and who might be heading the opposite way.

Stock up: DT Braden Fiske​

1828927404.jpg

Stock up: WR Tyler Johnson​

USATSI_23346302.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
The Rams are most likely going to keep at least six wide receivers on the 53-man roster this season and Johnson is in line to be one of those six. The former Bucs wideout is off to a good start in training camp and could be pushing ahead of Tutu Atwell on the depth chart.
On Monday, McVay had nothing but great things to say about Johnson, calling him “one of the bright spots so far” in training camp.
“Yeah, I’ve been really impressed. He’s been one of the bright spots in terms of the overall improvement,” McVay said. “A guy that’s comfortable doing what we’re asking. He’s an NFL player. He can make plays. He’s big, physical. You can see it. He’s running better as well. He has great, aggressive hands at the contact point. He’s doing an excellent job being able to work edges. You can see he was an awesome basketball player. He is wired to be able to separate, work edges. He’s made a bunch of big plays down the field. I’ve been super impressed and super pleased with Tyler Johnson. He’s definitely been one of the bright spots so far, without a doubt.”

Stock up: WR Jordan Whittington​

USATSI_23859234.jpg

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
It can be hard for a rookie receiver to earn first-team snaps in training camp, especially on a team as deep as the Rams. But Whittington has been so impressive already that he’s gotten opportunities to run with the starters. He even made a nice catch against Tre’Davious White last week during one of those reps with the first-team offense.
Cooper Kupp called Whittington “pretty special” during the first week of camp, adding that “the learning curve is so fast for him.” The rookie is on his way to locking up a roster spot.

Stock up: TE Colby Parkinson​

USATSI_23859600.jpg

With Tyler Higbee on the PUP list, Parkinson has been thrust into the starting spot at tight end and he’s making every rep count. He’s been a big, reliable target for Matthew Stafford, coming down with a handful of good catches – including this one for a touchdown earlier in camp.
His stock is trending up at the perfect time with Higbee sidelined.

Stock up: TE Davis Allen​

USATSI_23406471.jpg

If Parkinson is TE1, Allen is on his way to being the No. 2 option. Allen is another tight end with a wide catch radius, which quarterbacks love when targeting him down the field. Now in Year 2, Allen is getting more comfortable in the offense and it’s something Kupp has noticed this offseason.
“Similar to what I was saying about Puka, his confidence. Being able to step up and be in the huddle, know what’s happening, not feel like he’s thinking,” Kupp said. “He just knows how to do things, how we operate, and he’s able to play free. You saw, I don’t know if you guys saw the play yesterday, but he’s able to go up and make some big plays. He’s a big target. All those tight ends we’ve got, they’re really big targets and physical as a point of attack. Those guys are, they’re playing really well right now.”

Stock up: CB Cobie Durant​

USATSI_23346315.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Durant had a disappointing second season in 2023 but he’s trying to bounce back and become a starter in the secondary once again. In the early portion of camp, he’s been playing with the first-team defense and he’ll get even more opportunities now that both Darious Williams and Derion Kendrick are sidelined.
With Quentin Lake seemingly moving back to safety after mostly covering the slot last year, Durant has a clear path to playing time this year and he could take advantage.

Stock up: S Kamren Curl​

USATSI_23406996.jpg

Curl was one of the Rams’ free-agent additions this offseason and he’s making them look very wise for bringing him in. Curl has flashed in coverage and caught the attention of coaches already, looking like a bargain at only $4.5 million per year.
Chris Shula has been enjoying the opportunity to coach Curl so far, raving about his communication and ability to cover deep down the field.
“Yeah, Kam Curl has been really awesome to coach,” Shula said. “He has been really good in the deep part of the field. He can do a lot of things and he’s been great with his communication especially coming in here… you would never know [that] this is his first year in this defense just by how well he has communicated. He’s so calm out there and yeah, you are exactly right, we see the same thing as you as far as how we can play in the deep part of the field.”

Stock down: WR Tutu Atwell​

1933726216.jpg

(Photo by Rey Del Rio/Getty Images)
With Johnson and Whittington showing out in training camp, Atwell could be falling behind in the wide receiver competition. He’s still likely to make the 53-man roster as a former second-round pick with excellent speed, but it’s not a good sign that the rest of the receiving corps is shining and little has been said about Atwell.
He reportedly had a rough day on Monday when the pads came on, too.

Stock down: OLB Ochaun Mathis​

USATSI_22080495.jpg

Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
McVay has talked about the Rams’ edge rushers multiple times, complimenting players such as Jared Verse, Byron Young and Michael Hoecht. Rookie Brennan Jackson received some positive remarks from the head coach Monday, as did Nick Hampton. One player who’s seemingly had a quiet summer is Mathis, a 2023 seventh-round pick who could be in danger of not making the team. He’ll need to turn things around pretty quickly and shine in the preseason if he’s going to make the 53-man roster.
“Well, I think Byron has done a great job. He has a quiet confidence about himself and I think he’s modeled the way. You see that on our shirts. They really enjoy each other. I think they’re developing a pretty cool friendship. There’s a mutual respect that exists and I think Michael Hoecht’s also been a big part of that room. (OLBs coach) Joe Coniglio does such a great job with those guys. I thought Brennan Jackson has really shown up. I really like some of the things I saw from him in some of the early competitive periods. That’s a good group. Nick Hampton has shown some good stuff as well.”

dang

Legend

Watch: Jared Verse beats Joe Noteboom with killer spin move in training camp​

USATSI_23346339.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

July 30, 2024 12:07 pm PT

Jared Verse is going to be a problem, and that’s a really good thing for the Los Angeles Rams. Their first-round pick is off to a great start in training camp, showing why he was one of the top pass rushers in the 2024 draft class.

He’ll continue to improve as time goes on, but he already looks like a Day 1 starter with his combination of size and speed.
During Monday’s first padded practice of camp, Verse went one-on-one with Joe Noteboom and beat the left tackle pretty easily with an absolutely deadly spin move. Verse tried to go inside, got good extension initially and then hit Noteboom with a spin to the outside, winning that rep in eye-popping fashion.

Noteboom may not be a starter anymore for the Rams, but he’s still a quality player and a high-level backup. If Verse can use spin moves like that one during the season, he’s going to be a handful for opposing linemen.
Gotta admit. Concerned with Noteboom taking first team reps. Even if it’s temporary.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Gotta admit. Concerned with Noteboom taking first team reps. Even if it’s temporary.
I can’t tell for certain, were pads on in the picture above? It’s easier for O Lineman to block when the D wears pads. Looked like Boom had a fistful of jersey (also not a great sign).

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@dang I haven't been to camp but piecing together the info out there Note seems to be holding his own most of the time and as a whole.

LT is the last place we want to have questions and in all honesty, AJ is the last person on the OL I want to see miss time. I guess you could make an argument that Avila with the position change would have a deleterious effect as well but LT is such a pivotal piece of the overall offensive productivity. A good/great QB can almost be nullified by a poor LT Scary