CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Tuesday 7-30-24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry for the late post had to go through my voice notes and try to make sense of them.

A big thanks to Flatlyner for supplying me with the tickets for todays camp!

Have to say here at the top, DEFENSE WON THE DAY!

I love seeing Ernest Jones on the sideline fully engaged and communicating when the twos are on the field

Impressed with Bobby Brown, Byron Young, Tre'Davious White, Quenton Lake, and Jared Verse.

Boston Scott runs hard!

Kyren Williams, such great vision and instincts.

I know it's obvious but Stafford is in another universe from our other QBs.

Camp Report 07/30/24

Gates opened at 3:15 came straight to the bleachers sat down and ran into the legends, Veteran Ram Fan and Bubba Ram! Great guys! I really enjoyed meeting and talking ball with them.

Jordan Whittington out early working the jugs machine
Ethan Evans out kicking some balls (footballs)

D line working on the baseball field behind the bleachers hitting the sleds.

Uncle Bill went down to see if Dallas Raines (local weatherman, legend) was at the ABC eyewitness news tent, he wasn’t but he did see Curt Sandoval (local sportscaster) said hi.

Qbs were first out, other then the other few I mentioned.
Rest of the team is out stretching except D tackles still back on baseball field

Players split up into position groups, we've got the quarterbacks in front of us working out with centers practicing snaps Stafford with Avila, Jimmy G with Mike McCallister, Bennett with Beaux Limmer, and Winn with Justin Dedich. Under center, shotgun, and QB rollouts.

Running backs have trainers throwing ground balls to them, looks like they’re practicing fielding short kicks.

Was starting to wonder where Cooper and Puka were...and here they come about 15 or 20 minutes after everyone else. Must have been doing interviews, came from the media tents.

Special teams lining up for punting drills. Evans booms a high one, nice hang time, fielded by Kyren Williams (really?)
Next up Tutu fields a line drive punt.
Xavier Smith makes a nice play fielding a punt along the sideline.

Over in the corner I notice Kupp, Puka, Kam Curl, and TreDavious White all running wind sprints together. Afterward looks like Curl is engaging Kupp, getting some tips.

Boston Scott, Xavier Smith, Blake Corum, Tutu, Kyren Williams, and Tyler Johnson all fielding punts
Another high punt from Evans, five plus second hang time, fielded by Kyren Williams again.
Evans Booms another one, I counted six seconds this time, fielded by Tutu
I think Evans got one blocked either that or he shanked one.
Tutu drops a punt this time with coverage around him.
The new Ram Jerry Jacobs fielded a punt as a gunner after punt returner waves it off.

Entire defense heads to baseball field.

Starting Offense runs a couple bubble screens one to Cooper on the left one to Puka on the right.
Really nice ball from Stafford on an out and up route to Kupp. One handed grab by Jordan Weddington on an overthrow pass from dresser Winn on the same route, then followed up by another one handed grab by Stoops on another overthrow by Winn.

Defense coming back out onto the main field.

Starting Offense practicing quick slants in the redzone against the 2nd string D

Nice pass down the sideline in the back corner of the end zone from Stafford to Tutu Colby Parkinson try for one handed grab at goal line couldn’t hold on, Stafford to Davis Alan being guarded by John Johnson who broke it up but looked like he may have tweeked his foot or ankle, came hobbling off the field. Stafford throw a touchdown to Puka and another one to Cooper Kupp being guarded by Quentin Lake. Stafford to Kupp or Puka looks unstoppable.

Rams ran a trick play with Davis Allen motion direct snap to him as he came across but he kind of bobbled the ball blew the play up.

2nd O vs ones on D Jimmy G, 30 yard pass down the left sideline for Tyler Johnson broken up by Quinton Lake, would’ve been a great pass but Jimmy G overthrew him.
Verse closing the pocket Jimmy G moved up in the pocket nice, over the middle but dropped
Stafford handoff to Kyren, hole plugged up, bounced to the outside around the right side gained about 10 to 15 yards
Cooper in motion Stafford hits him with a laser across the middle
Full starting offense of line except for Noteboom replacing Jackson
Jimmy G overthrows Tutu down the left side line
Stafford delayed handoff to Blake Corum nice hole up the middle would’ve been a long gainer.
Still 1's against 2's
Jimmy G hand off to Boston Scott trying to run up the middle but nowhere to go but won’t go down keeps banging and banging and banging till he finally gets through he wasn’t gonna go down.
Hand off to Kyron up the middle, hole closed up quick shut down by Desjuan Johnson.
Hand off to Kyren around the left side look like it had some promise but D shut it down couldn’t see who, was a group of players
See Ernest Jones coaching up guys from the sideline
Nice little screen to the left hand side to Kyren zig zagging his way through for about 6 or 7 yards.
Stafford hits Davis Allen in the flat gets flattened by Jaylen McCollough

Goal post wheeled out, a narrow version of a goal post. Full special teams for field goal tries. Karty hits from 25 yards out, hits from 30, from 35, 40, 45, misses the last one from 50.
1s against 1s now, starting from the 10 yard line, oh almost picked off by Tre White, doing push-ups cause he dropped it.
Pitch out to Kyren but Bobby Brown strings him out all the way to sideline, no gain, the whole D is jumping around Brown slapping him on the helmet.
Try to run Kyren up the middle went nowhere shut down by Byron Young.
Stafford hits D Rob up the left-hand side nice pump fake in stride for about 10 yards.
Third down delayed handoff up the middle to Kyren Williams went nowhere Verse in on the tackle.
Fourth down Play action roll out to the right Stafford hits Long in the flat for about 5 yards, turnover on downs they go back to the 10 yard line.
2s on 2s now
Jimmy G hits Tyler Johnson over the middle
Second down Jimmy G hit’s Davis Allen down the left side line little bit underthrown but Allen reached back to get it.
Jimmy G with the jump pass to Xavier Smith got a first down.
Ones come back out.
Hand off to Corum ip the middle bounces it out to the left but Lake shuts it down.
Run up the middle O line got a good push on the D but only got about 4 yards

Kyren on the left side for about 2 yards fourth down

Horn blows ending the period but McVay is coming out they’re gonna run a few more plays
McVay yelling encouragement to the D let’s go D let’s go
Kyren Williams up the middle for maybe a yard
Stafford throws 10 yard out route Cooper Kupp, Tre White with a diving breakup, Tre's been looking good.
Stafford to Puka over the middle all alone about an 8 yard pass gained another 5 yards after the catch.

Hand off up the middle Kyren Williams Hoecht shot around the left side into the backfield to make the would be tackle.

Staff dropping back pocket started to collapse Verse would have had a sack Stafford still throughs the pass to Kupp down the right side line in the end zone but broken up by Quentin Lake nice play by Lake.
I noticed on that play Fiske and Bobby Brown running a stunt which in turn freed up Verse.
Nice swim move by Fiske shot into the backfield, but I think Kyren would’ve got past him.
Jimmy G throws a high floater for Tutu Russ Yeast had great coverage but Tutu fell back into the end zone to make the catch.
Horn sounds again players are kind of looking around but McVay is there telling the starters to get lined back up, waving his arms to get moving.
The combination of Fiske and Bobby Brown in the middle seems really stout against the run.
A screen to Puka shoots through for the touchdown from about 15 yards out.
Bobby brown with another stop on a run around the left side, he’s really got some wheels for how big he is, can move sideline to sideline pretty impressive.
The defense is getting the best of the offense today.
A lot of runs up the middle, just pounding the ball time after time after time.
Looks like Zach Evans is in there, first time I’ve seen him tonight
Horn sounds again, McVay bringing everyone down to the far end of the field to run more 11 on 11‘s. This time Stetson Bennett's in there with Boston Scott in the backfield
Boston Scott up the middle just gets blasted by Tuli Letuligasenoa but bounces off and keeps running.
Stetson Bennett hits Stoops out in the flat just gets blasted by Jerry Jacobs.
Bennett throws over the middle to Laap broken up by Cam Lampkin nice play by him
Stetson Bennett with a play action pass to Nikola Kalinic out on the left side for about five yards but he keeps on trying to run keeps on trying to run finally defense had enough just blasted him. Getting chippy out there.
Hand off Elias Neal makes a play in the backfield to end practice.
Excellent write up, dpjax! Your system really works well for you plus you have knowledge of the game and you're able to express what you are seeing.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Tre'Davious White's football IQ helping Rams receiving corps​

USATSI_23406469.jpg

Brock Vierra

July 30, 2024 5:15 am PT

As the old adage goes, iron sharpens iron and for Puka Nacua, he’s being sharpened by All-Pro corner Tre’Davious White. White, a representative of LSU’s fierce reputation as “DBU,” came to Los Angeles after seven years with the Bills.
Over that time, White has earned All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while leading the NFL in interceptions in 2019. White has everything a corner needs to be successful. His cerebral approach to the game and his feared athleticism allow him to be a shutdown corner when healthy.
When asked about White and if he’s given the team any teachable moments, Nacua had this to say.
“He’s really smart. Pre-snap stuff, he understands. He understands the motions, wherever we’re going, alignment, and things like that,” Nacua said. “So, he’s super aware of it. Depending on where we’re lined up, he knows he can eliminate certain routes, so it’s been fun. Because there are things that I feel… I know my strengths and they don’t really work against him because he’s thinking [about] the mental game before I ever get to be a physical player with him. So, it’s been super fun because now I get to work on some of the different tools that me and Coop are working on.”
If Nacua expects to surpass his rookie year production, being a student of the game must be his No. 1 priority in training camp. With a player like White to compete with and learn from, Nacua may already be ahead of the curve.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
That's two wins in a row for the defense then? I know offenses usually come on later into camp but I love hearing that the young defense is fighting!
Yeah, ever since reading reports that McVay was calling out the D to step up they’ve done just that. I’m not worried about the offense.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
By all accounts the defense has been doing better against the offense than expected. You might think its not a good sign for the offense. But we know what they can do when it gets real. I'm not worried. It is a good sign for the defense though. We still don't know how good they can be.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With exception of injuries and missed time to key players like AJ and Turner, this camp sounds like it has been ideal. Defensive front raising the bar. Tons of offensive weapons and depth. Safety upgraded.

If corner shows up this year we have a deep playoff contender on our hands.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Thank you all for your camp reports! Very much appreciated. Unfortunately, I won't have much of a report tomorrow since they moved the practice time :thumbsdown:

Tano

Legend
With exception of injuries and missed time to key players like AJ and Turner, this camp sounds like it has been ideal. Defensive front raising the bar. Tons of offensive weapons and depth. Safety upgraded.

If corner shows up this year we have a deep playoff contender on our hands.
And the injury bug decides to skip us this year

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
By all accounts the defense has been doing better against the offense than expected. You might think its not a good sign for the offense. But we know what they can do when it gets real. I'm not worried. It is a good sign for the defense though. We still don't know how good they can be.
It’s pretty obvious they’ll be better on the Edge !! Getting Jared Verse was HUGE for The Rams.
If Mcvay went DT,I’d have been disappointed & followed Jared(whoever) Verse who was there when The Rams picked.

-I didn’t want Turner from BAMA.I liked Latua,but Verse IMO was The Best Edge rusher in The 2024 Draft.Especially now that he is a Ram & what he has brought since being with the Team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Watch: Jared Verse beats Joe Noteboom with killer spin move in training camp​

USATSI_23346339.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

July 30, 2024 12:07 pm PT

Jared Verse is going to be a problem, and that’s a really good thing for the Los Angeles Rams. Their first-round pick is off to a great start in training camp, showing why he was one of the top pass rushers in the 2024 draft class.

He’ll continue to improve as time goes on, but he already looks like a Day 1 starter with his combination of size and speed.
During Monday’s first padded practice of camp, Verse went one-on-one with Joe Noteboom and beat the left tackle pretty easily with an absolutely deadly spin move. Verse tried to go inside, got good extension initially and then hit Noteboom with a spin to the outside, winning that rep in eye-popping fashion.

Noteboom may not be a starter anymore for the Rams, but he’s still a quality player and a high-level backup. If Verse can use spin moves like that one during the season, he’s going to be a handful for opposing linemen.
Verse seems to make big plays look normal.Meaning how fluid he is to the ball.He really compacts The Line of scrimmage by the way he controls The Edge.

I use to Love Robert Quinn,but he use to give up such a GAP Inside by rushing to wide off The Edge.Verse does the same by controlling The O’TACKLE.

What a Steal at 17!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@dang I haven't been to camp but piecing together the info out there Note seems to be holding his own most of the time and as a whole.

LT is the last place we want to have questions and in all honesty, AJ is the last person on the OL I want to see miss time. I guess you could make an argument that Avila with the position change would have a deleterious effect as well but LT is such a pivotal piece of the overall offensive productivity. A good/great QB can almost be nullified by a poor LT Scary
We’ll AJ seems to miss games.Noteboom still gets such a bad Rap!! The Rams are in a good spot upfront.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Is this true? I heard reports that Logan Bruss has been impressive and looks like the guy they had great hopes

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
More of a summary of what I saw at Tuesday's camp 7/30/24

QB's - Stafford makes everyone else look bad. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy G looked poised out there, moved around well in the pocket but just doesn't have the zip and precision that Stafford shows. To be fair he wasn't throwing to Kupp and Puka. Stetson didn't get in the 11's on 11's until the very end when the 3rd stringers got out there for a few plays completed a couple short passes under 5 yards so hard to really tell anything.

RB's - Kyren Williams looks ready for another big season! Quick but patient, really knows how to pick his holes. Definitely stood out above the rest. Blake Corum very similar to Kyren in style but not as decisive, I'm sure that will come with more time in the offense. Ronnie Rivers looks rejuvenated Running hard but we only get so much with him, if the hole's there he's gonna hit it if it's not he's not going to make something happen but he will fight for extra yardage. Boston Scott was really running hard, not many holes for him but he refused to go down. Defense wasn't supposed to tackle to the ground but Scott was forcing their hand, and he still wouldn't go down. Could be valuable on the goal line and short yardage plays. Zach Evans was only in for a play or two and didn't seem to do much of anything except run into the back of the line.

WR's - Cooper Kupp looks already in midseason form. He looked like he was really paying attention to securing the ball before making any moves and then before you know it he's running past you. I really liked seeing him working with some of the DB's namely Tre'Davious White and Kam Curl. Swapping ideas and insight (iron sharpens...) Was fun to see him come out on the field after practice with the whole family. Puka was joined at the hip with Kupp at the start of practice, both running onto the field from the media tents about 20 minutes into practice, both working with White and Curl during special teams drills. On the field there was nothing I saw to make me think he won't have another monster year. He was catching everything coming his way and just looks like a big play waiting to happen. Last year everyone was chanting Cooper, Cooper, Cooper. This year it was Puka, Puka, Puka! Demarcus Robinson looked confident and firmly entrenched as the #3 was making lots of plays out there today running with the ones. Tutu had his moments, pretty much running exclusively with the two's but didn't help his cause dropping a punt in the special teams drills. Liked seeing
Jordan Whittington working with the jugs machine before and after practice he's a real presence out there and seems to have the right mentality to carve out a role early on this team. There's definetly a battle going on between Tyler Johnson and Xavier Smith. Johnson with the edge in receiving and Smith with the edge in the return game. Drake Stoops made a couple of grabs and looks feisty out there but definitely raw, reminds of a Julian Edelman type. Would be nice to get him to the practice squad.
KuppAndFamily.jpeg

Cooper Kupp and Fam.

TE's
- Colby Parkinson seems to be 1st string for now. Makes a lot of contested catches, misses some too. Has a good catch radius but is really known for his blocking. Davis Allen played with the two's but got in with ones as well. Seemed everything on offense today was run out of 11 personnel so didn't get to see them on the field at the same time. Allen just looks like he's ready to break out, catches most everything that comes his way. I think a lot of us have high hopes for this kid and rightly so. Hunter Long played with the Two's made a couple short catches didn't really stand out. Still waiting.

O Line - I didn't really focus on the line today, was mostly following the ball. Overall the starting unit did well in pass protection except for the couple times Verse got pressure (Noteboom?) They had a tougher time run blocking, opening holes, which seemed to be the focus on offense today, I think the defense knew that. They played well but seemed to have their hands full with our D Line.

D Line - A lot to like here. With Kobie still out, Braden Fiske got some work with the one's on the interior. Fast and relentless he's a lot to deal with and should only get better with more time and work in the scheme. Bobby Brown was a monster out there today, Stout at the point of attack and can really move for a big guy! He really impressed me today. Jared Verse was able to get some pressure on Stafford today, definitely would have had at least one sack. He comes as advertised, a real presence out there. Byron Young looks bigger stronger and faster than last year if that's possible. Looked real good against the run although I didn't notice him getting a lot of pressure but he was going up against Havenstein. It was great seeing Young and Verse signing autographs and just enjoy hanging out with each other after practice. Hoecht made a couple of nice stops, Brennan Jackson was active out there with the two's but didn't make any splash plays, saw Tyler Davis getting coached up after a couple plays.

Verse and Young.jpeg

Jared Verse and B. Young. Verse ended up coming over and giving the shirt off his back to the little kid in the black t-shirt.

LB's
- The only thing that stood out today about the inside linebackers was how engaged Ernest Jones is even when he's on the sideline. He's really taking that leadership role to heart. Every time the two's were out there you could see him shouting out to his guys instruction, words of encouragement, he's just dialed in!

DB's - Tre'Davious White sure looks healthy and ready to play! I know McVay says he wants to be smart with him, and I agree with that, but he was out there quite a bit, full speed, making plays all over the place. I'm really excited we were able to get him after seeing him out there today. And sharing his knowledge with the younger players and WR's? Could be the steal of free agency. Quentin Lake really impressed out there today. I had my doubts after his first year but he's really coming into his own. I saw a lot of Cobie Durant out there today but not a lot thrown his way, hopefully that's a good sign.

Jimmy G puttin' on a little show for the lady's!
JimmyG_01.jpeg

JimmyG_03.jpeg

JimmyG_04.jpeg

Attachments

• JimmyG_02.jpeg
    JimmyG_02.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Tre'Davious White's football IQ helping Rams receiving corps​

USATSI_23406469.jpg

Brock Vierra

July 30, 2024 5:15 am PT

As the old adage goes, iron sharpens iron and for Puka Nacua, he’s being sharpened by All-Pro corner Tre’Davious White. White, a representative of LSU’s fierce reputation as “DBU,” came to Los Angeles after seven years with the Bills.
Over that time, White has earned All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors while leading the NFL in interceptions in 2019. White has everything a corner needs to be successful. His cerebral approach to the game and his feared athleticism allow him to be a shutdown corner when healthy.
When asked about White and if he’s given the team any teachable moments, Nacua had this to say.
“He’s really smart. Pre-snap stuff, he understands. He understands the motions, wherever we’re going, alignment, and things like that,” Nacua said. “So, he’s super aware of it. Depending on where we’re lined up, he knows he can eliminate certain routes, so it’s been fun. Because there are things that I feel… I know my strengths and they don’t really work against him because he’s thinking [about] the mental game before I ever get to be a physical player with him. So, it’s been super fun because now I get to work on some of the different tools that me and Coop are working on.”
If Nacua expects to surpass his rookie year production, being a student of the game must be his No. 1 priority in training camp. With a player like White to compete with and learn from, Nacua may already be ahead of the curve.
Just heard an interview from Shula saying how T’-White has really mentored Cobie Durant through OTA’s.Durant is playing more Outside as more of a pure CB.
—Shula said players & coaches learn through each other.He talked about when he was a CB’s coach Durants first season & he played more inside.He likes what he sees with the improvement,giving White credit.Still happy with the growth & of course we can’t forget about the impact of Aubrey Pleasant as well.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Verse seems to make big plays look normal.Meaning how fluid he is to the ball.He really compacts The Line of scrimmage by the way he controls The Edge.

I use to Love Robert Quinn,but he use to give up such a GAP Inside by rushing to wide off The Edge.Verse does the same by controlling The O’TACKLE.

What a Steal at 17!
Even better steal at 19. :sunglasses:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
More of a summary of what I saw at Tuesday's camp 7/30/24

QB's - Stafford makes everyone else look bad. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy G looked poised out there, moved around well in the pocket but just doesn't have the zip and precision that Stafford shows. To be fair he wasn't throwing to Kupp and Puka. Stetson didn't get in the 11's on 11's until the very end when the 3rd stringers got out there for a few plays completed a couple short passes under 5 yards so hard to really tell anything.

RB's - Kyren Williams looks ready for another big season! Quick but patient, really knows how to pick his holes. Definitely stood out above the rest. Blake Corum very similar to Kyren in style but not as decisive, I'm sure that will come with more time in the offense. Ronnie Rivers looks rejuvenated Running hard but we only get so much with him, if the hole's there he's gonna hit it if it's not he's not going to make something happen but he will fight for extra yardage. Boston Scott was really running hard, not many holes for him but he refused to go down. Defense wasn't supposed to tackle to the ground but Scott was forcing their hand, and he still wouldn't go down. Could be valuable on the goal line and short yardage plays. Zach Evans was only in for a play or two and didn't seem to do much of anything except run into the back of the line.

WR's - Cooper Kupp looks already in midseason form. He looked like he was really paying attention to securing the ball before making any moves and then before you know it he's running past you. I really liked seeing him working with some of the DB's namely Tre'Davious White and Kam Curl. Swapping ideas and insight (iron sharpens...) Was fun to see him come out on the field after practice with the whole family. Puka was joined at the hip with Kupp at the start of practice, both running onto the field from the media tents about 20 minutes into practice, both working with White and Curl during special teams drills. On the field there was nothing I saw to make me think he won't have another monster year. He was catching everything coming his way and just looks like a big play waiting to happen. Last year everyone was chanting Cooper, Cooper, Cooper. This year it was Puka, Puka, Puka! Demarcus Robinson looked confident and firmly entrenched as the #3 was making lots of plays out there today running with the ones. Tutu had his moments, pretty much running exclusively with the two's but didn't help his cause dropping a punt in the special teams drills. Liked seeing
Jordan Whittington working with the jugs machine before and after practice he's a real presence out there and seems to have the right mentality to carve out a role early on this team. There's definetly a battle going on between Tyler Johnson and Xavier Smith. Johnson with the edge in receiving and Smith with the edge in the return game. Drake Stoops made a couple of grabs and looks feisty out there but definitely raw, reminds of a Julian Edelman type. Would be nice to get him to the practice squad.
View attachment 66476
Cooper Kupp and Fam.

TE's
- Colby Parkinson seems to be 1st string for now. Makes a lot of contested catches, misses some too. Has a good catch radius but is really known for his blocking. Davis Allen played with the two's but got in with ones as well. Seemed everything on offense today was run out of 11 personnel so didn't get to see them on the field at the same time. Allen just looks like he's ready to break out, catches most everything that comes his way. I think a lot of us have high hopes for this kid and rightly so. Hunter Long played with the Two's made a couple short catches didn't really stand out. Still waiting.

O Line - I didn't really focus on the line today, was mostly following the ball. Overall the starting unit did well in pass protection except for the couple times Verse got pressure (Noteboom?) They had a tougher time run blocking, opening holes, which seemed to be the focus on offense today, I think the defense knew that. They played well but seemed to have their hands full with our D Line.

D Line - A lot to like here. With Kobie still out, Braden Fiske got some work with the one's on the interior. Fast and relentless he's a lot to deal with and should only get better with more time and work in the scheme. Bobby Brown was a monster out there today, Stout at the point of attack and can really move for a big guy! He really impressed me today. Jared Verse was able to get some pressure on Stafford today, definitely would have had at least one sack. He comes as advertised, a real presence out there. Byron Young looks bigger stronger and faster than last year if that's possible. Looked real good against the run although I didn't notice him getting a lot of pressure but he was going up against Havenstein. It was great seeing Young and Verse signing autographs and just enjoy hanging out with each other after practice. Hoecht made a couple of nice stops, Brennan Jackson was active out there with the two's but didn't make any splash plays, saw Tyler Davis getting coached up after a couple plays.

View attachment 66475
Jared Verse and B. Young. Verse ended up coming over and giving the shirt off his back to the little kid in the black t-shirt.

LB's
- The only thing that stood out today about the inside linebackers was how engaged Ernest Jones is even when he's on the sideline. He's really taking that leadership role to heart. Every time the two's were out there you could see him shouting out to his guys instruction, words of encouragement, he's just dialed in!

DB's - Tre'Davious White sure looks healthy and ready to play! I know McVay says he wants to be smart with him, and I agree with that, but he was out there quite a bit, full speed, making plays all over the place. I'm really excited we were able to get him after seeing him out there today. And sharing his knowledge with the younger players and WR's? Could be the steal of free agency. Quentin Lake really impressed out there today. I had my doubts after his first year but he's really coming into his own. I saw a lot of Cobie Durant out there today but not a lot thrown his way, hopefully that's a good sign.

Jimmy G puttin' on a little show for the lady's!
View attachment 66477
View attachment 66479
View attachment 66480

Nice reporting- yes having B. Young on The Right is going to be
a better spot for him from The Base Defense.Of course they move around.Hoecht is such an asset to have from a depth standpoint as well as an extra pass rusher at times.
-Q. Lake was playing a lot of man to man & making plays.He uses his hands so well.You see a ball of players & then the ball on the ground with Lake winning the battle.
Rosenboom was flying around & would have had a sack.If not would have put a hurt on Matthew Stafford.He stopped way early though & let the play continue.
Troy Reeder actually looks quicker.Jacob Hummel has been around & Shula is comfortable with him.
Zach Evan’s will get better.He is still raw.Saw him get into more of a grove & find a couple holes.Ronnie Rivers though is always moving forward & had that big run Tuesday.Didn’t notice Boston like you.
Hunter Long had a TD on a TE draw towards the End of practice on the long drive.He is a nice veteran TE to have on the roster.

Jordan Whittington is had that 1 Handed Catch that was AMAZING!! Thought I have never seen a player do that at training camp like that.Then Stoops very next play does it,but not that spectacular.Very impressive & seeing Ben Sko gone shows The Rams depth(Smith,Johnson).
No one has said anything about L.Murch & have to keep giving him credit for now.Johnson stood out when given the chance.He seems to be a player The Rams defense can move around.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Note is a quality backup. Ajax being hurt reminds me that the Rams are one injury away from starting a backup at LT.
And for Gawdsakes do not even consider Zach Thomas at tackle. I'd rather have Tutu. At least when they run him over they might trip.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even better steal at 19. :sunglasses:
Yeah - 17(16) might have had someone else.Like Turner & B.Murphy. You know Mcvay wanted Murphy after Bowers.

IMO if Les Snead really wanted to move up for Bowers he might have been able to do if they offered The same thing they offered the team that didn’t make the trade.

I guess watching Day 1 2024 draft again might be worth it.