CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Tuesday 7-30-24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This reminds me of my Army days. Line up alphabetically by height and hurry up and wait.
Biggest crowd I’ve seen so far.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Been reading and hearing some good things regarding Fiske. Sounds like he's a disrupting force. Haven't heard much about Verse. Good or bad. Not sure what to make of that. But listening to Verse it does sound like Fiske is gonna make him up his game.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Been reading and hearing some good things regarding Fiske. Sounds like he's a disrupting force. Haven't heard much about Verse. Good or bad. Not sure what to make of that. But listening to Verse it does sound like Fiske is gonna make him up his game.
Saw that. Verse is for real. We will not be missing AD. with Verse, Fiske, turner and Young.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
We’re being treated to Mariachi music. It is vamos day here

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Saw that. Verse is for real. We will not be missing AD. with Verse, Fiske, turner and Young.
We'll always miss AD, but I think there is enough talent on the DL and edge to get production from several guys. We may not have a 20 sack player, but we might have 3 or 4 with 10 or more sacks each. Then add in blitzes and 50+ sacks shouldnt be to hard to get to.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Oh I will be missing AD. I will ALWAYS be missing AD.
Agreed. The legend was getting triple teamed in his tenth season. He was unreal and top 3 best player to EVER play the game. He will be missed and it will be strange not to see him in horns. We can only hope he will end up coaching one day.

dang

Legend
Agreed. The legend was getting triple teamed in his tenth season. He was unreal and top 3 best player to EVER play the game. He will be missed and it will be strange not to see him in horns. We can only hope he will end up coaching one day.
IMO AD and LT were the best defenders to ever play in the NFL. I will never agree with any other former NFL defensive players being included in that exclusive club.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
IMO AD and LT were the best defenders to ever play in the NFL. I will never agree with any other former NFL defensive players being included in that exclusive club.
Personally I would have to add Deacon Jones to that list, as I’m old enough to have watched him play.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hated the Eagles, but Reggie White was a hell of a player and a freak for his time. There were no 6-5 285 lb DE's back then, especially who could move like him and with his power.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dropping like flies in the first week of camp. My goodness. So far we have:
Derion Kendrick: torn ACL
Darious Williams: hammy
Alaric Jackson: ankle
Kevin Dotson: toe
Jonah Jackson: unknown as of now

And Tre Tomlinson wasn't at practice.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Dropping like flies in the first week of camp. My goodness. So far we have:
Derion Kendrick: torn ACL
Darious Williams: hammy
Alaric Jackson: ankle
Kevin Dotson: toe
Jonah Jackson: unknown as of now

And Tre Tomlinson wasn't at practice.
You forgot to add Kobie Turner-- groin strain--I think it happened before training camp

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
My last TC report for this season. Had a tic for tomorrow but have to get my RV out of the shop. Just a one hour walk through as they really went at it hard today.
Nice day, low 80's, big crowd. Everyone practicing except Aleric Jackson, Darious Williams and Kobie Turner. Noteboom took Jacksons place at LT for the 1st team O. Players came out on time, did their stretching and jumping thing for about 10 min. Then separated into position groups, Pretty much the same 1st team as yesterday. QB's handing off to RB's, WR's running short routes with coaches tossing them a ball. DB's doing a strange drill I have no clue what they were trying to get done. Coach tossing a ball high in the air, DB trying to get to it. New one on me.
Evans getting snaps from Ward and kicking some bombs to Xaviar Smith, Kyren Williams (ya, I don't like it either), Wiglasz and Winn. Smith by far the most competent. Evans with over 5 seconds hang time and 50 plus yd.'s
Again WR's going 15-20 yds out with a DB covering. Fun to watch them mixing it up, Lots of PI going on by both sides. Of course Kupp, Nacua catch everything, TuTu and Johnson did well also.
1st team O remains the same with the exception of Noteboom at LT. 1st team D the same except with Turner out they rotated several different guys in at DT. Hoecht played a lot Cory Durden, Davis and Olagiga saw snaps in the middle. 2nd team D saw just about everybody left get time in. First time I noticed USC guy Tui Latuligasenoa on the field.
The 11 on 11 lasted most of the remainder of practice with the emphasis on the run. The defense did a good job of stopping it. I's impressed as stopping the run was my biggest concern going into camp. DB's are playing well, but not stopping Kupp and Nacua,
They did bring out the goalposts near the end and Karty made 3 of 4. Good snaps and good placement. I couldn't see who was taking the snap and placing the ball. I think Evans the punter. This time they had the big guys on the line from D and O. Kicking game is going to be OK I think.
Not much else significant to report. Five days is not alot to make much of a determination, but I can say the Rams offense is the deepest I've seen since coming to TC's. Stafford is balling it. So is the OL. WR is deep. Parkinson shows good hands and can block. Davis Allem and Hunter Long should make the team.
Defense is still Raw and needs some fine tuning, Edge will not be a problem. Verse, Young, Hoecht and Jackson are going to be a great rotation.
Rams have some scrimmages left with Dallas, Chargers before preseason games So they will get some more experience.
Coaching has been intense. McVay wants that Lions game. So do I.

Thanks folks for all the positive feedback. I will be posting some opinions of what I saw here at TC and a first 53 roster soon.

Good night

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If your asking me then I will say The Rams
Defense was better today than The Offense ?? That’s just me & I have no other experience from other dates this training camp.