Camp Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I am usually up on the hill close to the DJ tent. Look for the only guy sitting in his lawn chair with binoculars, and a notebook. LOL
I was there yesterday and will be there today and tomorrow. Be looking for u.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It sucks that they're mostly going without pads. How can you fully gauge a guys improvement without being able to go full speed? Especially the defense. Gotta take the practices with a grain of salt.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thanks CoachO, it is official football is getting close. I always look forward to your TC reports as they help feed my addiction and signal the return of Rams football.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Question for you coachO if you don't mind.
Did williams send any blitz's or was it strictly the front 4? If he did blitz, who was after the QB?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just the type of player to bring Quick out of his shell. Light a fire under his ass and give him some confidence.

swag.....that's what my boys been missing, SWAG....Now as long as he doesn't pickup that instagram stuff....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bradford needs to get hit hard, get his bell rung, get wrapped up and tackled low so he can get out of his own head with the knee.

I have no doubt he is going to have whispers in his head every time he plants his legs reminding him of the blinding pain of the injury, major surgery, and grueling rehab that followed. A few solid shots in the preseason, and hopefully he can shake the doubt off. It's human nature to protect ones self after sustaining a major injury; just think about how you walk through your house after stubbing your toe. Indecision, "rust", doubt, timidity: these are all things that are passable early on in camp, but if they persist into the season, they spell disaster for a team with a ton of promise. Not only that, but it also opens himself up to another injury if there is hesitation come game day.

Are you serious?

and if it happens in camp, I hope they trade cut the player immediately regardless of who he is.

Fixed...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question for you coachO if you don't mind.
Did williams send any blitz's or was it strictly the front 4? If he did blitz, who was after the QB?

He mixed in quite a few blitzes, sending both OLBs at times.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
They seemed to use pairings throughout the practice. Austin & Bailey together; Britt & Quick; Givens & Pettis. They all took their reps with the 1's and 2's.

They didn't run any 3 WR set yesterday, as it was all basic stuff. Lots of 2 TE sets with Cook & Kendricks. Also Justice Cunningham got plenty of reps including being lined up in the FB position as was Harkey with the 1's.

Thanks Coach. I'm curious to see how this develops over camp!

Irish

Starter
Are you serious?

Fixed...
I am 100% serious. No QB goes 16+ games a year and doesn't get blasted at one point or another. I'm not hoping he gets hurt; far from it! I want him to experience what it is like so he can be more confident in his leg and move on to being the best QB for the Rams he can be. Every split second counts as a QB, and if one of those split seconds is wasted worrying about his knee, he will end up making mistakes or, even worse, reinjuring himself. Just get it over with so he can prove to himself that he is okay and can move on from it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I am 100% serious. No QB goes 16+ games a year and doesn't get blasted at one point or another. I'm not hoping he gets hurt; far from it! I want him to experience what it is like so he can be more confident in his leg and move on to being the best QB for the Rams he can be. Every split second counts as a QB, and if one of those split seconds is wasted worrying about his knee, he will end up making mistakes or, even worse, reinjuring himself. Just get it over with so he can prove to himself that he is okay and can move on from it.

Not in camp tho? Could you imagine the looks on everyone's face if Brockers, no, Aaron Donald stumbled and hit Bradford low...In practice...He's a five year vet...Did you see the injury to Sanchez in a scrimmage game?

Trust me, he knows what it's like to get hit....All QB's have been hit more than most....I think a couple of live games in preseason, then maybe by week 3-4 he'll be himself.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think you are misreading my OP, with regards to Bradford. I never meant to imply he showed he was the least bit concerned about his knee. Quite the opposite is the case. He moved around great, and never once did it look like he was "thinking about the knee".

My biggest point was the "rust" factor of not being in a situation where there was a lot of traffic to navigate thru, and still get the ball out on time and in rhythm.

To even suggest that Bradford or ANY QB get hit in training camp is insane. Regardless of your premise behind putting his mind at ease, it just not common sense.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Gaaaah...eeeehhhh...meh...nevermind

SMH

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, he had rust, but he wasn't skittish or reserved. His mechanics looked good.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Bradford needs to get hit hard, get his bell rung, get wrapped up and tackled low so he can get out of his own head with the knee.

I have no doubt he is going to have whispers in his head every time he plants his legs reminding him of the blinding pain of the injury, major surgery, and grueling rehab that followed. A few solid shots in the preseason, and hopefully he can shake the doubt off. It's human nature to protect ones self after sustaining a major injury; just think about how you walk through your house after stubbing your toe. Indecision, "rust", doubt, timidity: these are all things that are passable early on in camp, but if they persist into the season, they spell disaster for a team with a ton of promise. Not only that, but it also opens himself up to another injury if there is hesitation come game day.

I hope he never has to wash his uni, don't think getting his bell rung is a positive thing ,all the years he's played the position,he knows the drill.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not in camp tho? Could you imagine the looks on everyone's face if Brockers, no, Aaron Donald stumbled and hit Bradford low...In practice...He's a five year vet...Did you see the injury to Sanchez in a scrimmage game?

Trust me, he knows what it's like to get hit....All QB's have been hit more than most....I think a couple of live games in preseason, then maybe by week 3-4 he'll be himself.
I don't think we have the luxury of 4 games for Bradford to be himself.
I know he's not going to get hit in camp, but until he takes that hit to prove he can get up without issue, it's got to be in your head.
I remember when Sam came back from the shoulder. Everyone was holding g there breath to see if he could take it. Once he got hit a few times, the pressure was off.

The fear of the unknown is a heavy weight for players and fans.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's like telling a kid that grows up in a very dangerous area with a lot of gang activity that he should let someone shoot him in a safe environment so he gets over the fear of being shot.

Well...not quite. That's hyperbole. But the point is that the risk is far greater than the reward. You don't let your QB get blasted in practice.

Irish

Starter
Who ever said I wanted him hit in practice? I never want a QB touched in practice. Red Jersey is sacred!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who ever said I wanted him hit in practice? I never want a QB touched in practice. Red Jersey is sacred!
I understand what you're trying to say. In the back of Bradford's mind, he has to be worrying about getting hit and becoming injured due to his recent surgery, so you just want it to happen (and it's going to at some point) early so he can shake that fear and just play ball.