Camp Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Donald looks like an All-Pro going against guys like RJ Dill, and Demetrious Rhaney. He was unblockable. But lets see how he fares later in camp, when Long, and Wells get added to the mix, and Robinson/Saffold get back to their respective Guard spots.

Michael Sam showed well for himself. But again, he was taking 2nd AND 3rd unit reps. HE showed a nice burst coming off the edge, and got involved in holding up against the run (when they did try to run the ball). Although on one particular play, he flashed inside and was greeted by Travis Bond, and was pancaked. and BTW.... in case you missed it... Travis Bond is HUGE!!!! he actually is bigger than Robinson.
Just from what I've read about him and the little I've seen from UNC I think we could've gotten a major FA steal here. Like Joe Barksdale major.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Watching that pass rush that close and through binoculars, wow. It was like standing in the line. Trying not to read too much into it, but what fun!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just from what I've read about him and the little I've seen from UNC I think we could've gotten a major FA steal here. Like Joe Barksdale major.

I am cautiously optimistic about him. He has intrigued me since I saw him at OTA. They used him at LT that day, and he moves alot better than I expected for his size.

Dick84

I love the Bond pickup... young.. huge.. with some experience. Kind of guy who may be on the verge of "getting it" when it comes to the NFL.
Doesn't mean he'll pan out, but I think the process of identifying a player of his profile and bringing him in is solid.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I love the Bond pickup... young.. huge.. with some experience. Kind of guy who may be on the verge of "getting it" when it comes to the NFL.
Doesn't mean he'll pan out, but I think the process of identifying a player of his profile and bringing him in is solid.

He was very interesting as a college player also...Always been pretty athletic. A line with Bond, Cooper, and Williams probably helped Gio Bernard....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks for the reports guys. I'm damn jealous of y'all being there.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I'm really kind of relieved that our offense struggled against our D. I would really be concerned if the O looked good. When the preseason games start, I expect to see the O look good.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm really kind of relieved that our offense struggled against our D. I would really be concerned if the O looked good. When the preseason games start, I expect to see the O look good.

I'm with you at least as the pass rush goes. The receivers need to beat this secondary. It was day one though.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Defenses usually start faster,it only take one guy to beat his man and blow a play up the O will come especially when they start running the ball iin earnest

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm with you at least as the pass rush goes. The receivers need to beat this secondary. It was day one though.

For real. But like they said, the combination of Bradford being rusty and the pass rush giving him a short time to get rid of the ball, I'm not surprised much. The receivers probably didn't have time to get open.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Defenses usually start faster,it only take one guy to beat his man and blow a play up the O will come especially when they start running the ball iin earnest

Earnest is awesome. Oh Earnest P. Worrell. Is there an "Earnest Goes To Training Camp"? There should be.

RamzFanz

Damnit
For real. But like they said, the combination of Bradford being rusty and the pass rush giving him a short time to get rid of the ball, I'm not surprised much. The receivers probably didn't have time to get open.

That pass rush... (y)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Take a look at the pic included in the original post. That was Quick and Britt playing catch on the sideline during the ST drills. With Coach Sherman close by.

Just the type of player to bring Quick out of his shell. Light a fire under his ass and give him some confidence.

Irish

Starter
Bradford needs to get hit hard, get his bell rung, get wrapped up and tackled low so he can get out of his own head with the knee.

I have no doubt he is going to have whispers in his head every time he plants his legs reminding him of the blinding pain of the injury, major surgery, and grueling rehab that followed. A few solid shots in the preseason, and hopefully he can shake the doubt off. It's human nature to protect ones self after sustaining a major injury; just think about how you walk through your house after stubbing your toe. Indecision, "rust", doubt, timidity: these are all things that are passable early on in camp, but if they persist into the season, they spell disaster for a team with a ton of promise. Not only that, but it also opens himself up to another injury if there is hesitation come game day.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Bradford needs to get hit hard, get his bell rung, get wrapped up and tackled low so he can get out of his own head with the knee.

I have no doubt he is going to have whispers in his head every time he plants his legs reminding him of the blinding pain of the injury, major surgery, and grueling rehab that followed. A few solid shots in the preseason, and hopefully he can shake the doubt off. It's human nature to protect ones self after sustaining a major injury; just think about how you walk through your house after stubbing your toe. Indecision, "rust", doubt, timidity: these are all things that are passable early on in camp, but if they persist into the season, they spell disaster for a team with a ton of promise. Not only that, but it also opens himself up to another injury if there is hesitation come game day.

I would be fine with Sam not getting touched the entire pre-season... and if it happens in camp, I hope they trade the player immediately regardless of who he is.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Thank you so much Coach, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for some actual football reporting! I am trying to talk the MRS and the little guy into going on Sunday, but it is far from a done deal. You really do provide a service my friend that all of your Ram brothers and sisters appreciate.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

So... You want our star QB, coming off an ACL injury, to get hit to give him more confidence?
Seems strange