CAMP REPORT Camp Report Day 5: Monday, Aug 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

10 Observations from Day 5 of Rams 2021 Training Camp​

IRVINE, Calif. – Day 5 of 2021 Rams Training Camp presented by UNIFY Financial Credit Union saw rookie wide receiver Ben Skowronek continue his good start to camp, with Los Angeles' defensive backs also making plays during team drills.

Staff writer Stu Jackson shares 10 Observations from Monday's session:

1) Ben Skowronek has a great day: Across the Rams' different team drills, the former Notre Dame standout connected with backup quarterback John Wolford and displayed strong, reliable hands on multiple occasions, including a nice sideline catch against the first-team defense in tight coverage. For what it's worth, his reliable catching recently caught the attention of Rams legend Torry Holt.

2) Another interception for Jalen Ramsey: The sixth-year cornerback jumped a Wolford pass for his second-consecutive practice with a pick.

3) Kareem Orr joins the pick party: During that same session, the second-year defensive back snagged an interception on the opposite sideline.

4) Directing traffic: Quarterback Matthew Stafford's most impressive throw of the day came during the redzone period, when after rolling out to his right, went back to his left and directed wide receiver Van Jeffersonwith him. End result: Stafford finding Jefferson for the diving, toe-drag touchdown, despite cornerback Darious Williamsbeing in great position and appearing to partially deflect the pass.

5) Not just a deep threat: Wide receiver DeSean Jackson stretched out his hands to make an impressive grab over the middle off a Stafford pass. Both in training camp and throughout his career, much has been made of his explosive plays downfield, but he has shown he's capable of making plays at the short and intermediate levels of the field, too.

6) Ball placement: Next to the Jefferson throw, Stafford also delivered a nice ball over the top to wide receiver Robert Woods where only he could snag it with three defenders not far behind him.

7) Ogbo Okoronkwo on the move: The fourth-year outside linebacker closed out quickly to break up a Wolford pass intended for running back Jake Funk during team drills.

8) Jordan Fuller on the move: The second-year safety had a nice pass breakup on a Stafford pass intended for tight end Johnny Mundt during that same session.

9) Raheem Morris hands-on: Similar to organized team activities this spring, Morris took a hands-on approach to the linebacker group during individual drills, throwing them passes to help them work on their hands.

10) Veteran mentorship: Prior to the start of practice, a couple of the Rams' most experienced offensive linemen (Rob Havenstein and Joe Noteboom) were seen providing guidance to Chandler Brewer and Tremayne Anchrum Jr., respectively.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My feeling is Jones is not going to make it. He seems to get swallowed up by the defense.

This caught my eye. The lack of stand out by X-Jones so far.

If Jones doesn‘t shine, we are definitely picking someone up at some point.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Yep, didn't like the McVay body language at his presser.. hopefully it's just a small ding.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
How the hell do we not have an mri report yet!? Its already 5 in the fucking morning!

And the front 7 better be wearing the great gazoo size padded helmets the rest of camp! Darnn you football gods! Damn you to hell! If Staffords thump isn't ok, so help me, I WILL find you and I will bitch slap tom bradys dick out your mouth! You feel me!?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yep, didn't like the McVay body language at his presser.. hopefully it's just a small ding.

I think he's more upset that it happened, maybe getting too close to the QB. It was more of an accident, but shit happens, but it sucks.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
The good news is, Stafford did play through a thumb injury.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
At least he was holding his helmet afterwards. When drew Breese hit AD's helmet I didn't see him walk off the field holding anything.

If I was Matt I would maybe have a little fun with us and I would let my helmet slip out of my right hand a couple times as I walked inside. Then I'd pick it up with my left hand while bringing my right hand close to my body. Maybe I add a slight limp. Yeah, I know, that's messed up.

Then I'd come on here disguised as a rod member and talk about how I was on the field and heard him talking to the trainer about torn ligaments and how when I asked for an autograph he couldn't hold the pen correctly so he just wrote an X and I'd post a picture of the signature

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
VTR with his report on Stafford was real solid.It hurts hearing the news,but Vtr’s street credit is Tops!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fuck yeah! I really like this kid, strong as an ox and will fight for contested balls. Starting to think he's going to make it on the final 53.

On the other hand ...

... not sure he will. I don't hear anything about him like I hear about other guys like Skow, Harris, etc. I just hear stuff like this that's int the quote. Hard to believe given who is father is, but yet it is what it is.
Well even #45 has made more noise than Hopkins. He seems to be comfortable on the side lines though.

Truth is at the end of OTA’s Mcvay said how good Harris was.Just yesterday Mcvay made sure he talked about Mundt,Higbee, & then Harris.Maybe said something about Blanton.
I hate thinking negative like that,but Hopkins needs to step up.

Tano

Legend
Well even #45 has made more noise than Hopkins. He seems to be comfortable on the side lines though.

Truth is at the end of OTA’s Mcvay said how good Harris was.Just yesterday Mcvay made sure he talked about Mundt,Higbee, & then Harris.Maybe said something about Blanton.
I hate thinking negative like that,but Hopkins needs to step up.
Well it appears that Hopkins was a wasted pick after all if he doesn’t step up. I wish we went with Biadesz (sp) instead since center was such a high position of need last year. I know Memento sure did not like the pick.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I'm surprised we haven't heard more on the injury yet.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Thank you football gods for not being that harsh!