CAMP REPORT Camp Report Day 5: Monday, Aug 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bad news. Stafford hit his thumb on AD helmet. They immediately pulled him out. McVay upset with defense 1’s

tired man GIF by South Park

sloramfan

Starter
god damnit...

rediculous...

stafford hits thumb on AD's helmet?????????

get AD the fuck away from my QB... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

you really have got to be kidding me.. AD rushing my starting QB... Mcvay, you're a mother fucking moron...

fuck...

go rams

slo

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Don't worry everyone. The Rams trounced the seafucks with Goff sporting a sausage for a thumb.

All they did was lean on cam Akers running and punishing the hapless seafucks d.

Wait, what???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t agree, Mcvay does things differently.He takes care of his veterans & players though.When is Dallas & The raiders inter squad games ? There is enough controlled playing time.
During the week I have not seen Perkins or Hodges much. They seem to play catch with each other than run live drills. 90 man squads tend to make it hard to get Reps.
—My thing is bigger practice squad rosters to protect players & development. A 17 games season the Veterans need rest. Teams can be more aggressive during the week
Looks like Harris is out there again

Who the chick ?
Do they serve Busch Light there???
It’s So Cal man. The sign says it all. Snoop Dog will be in the house at some point.Romo might not be on speed dial,but he will go a Rams game in 2021.
They pour it out of the can & into the glass. SOFI sells Budlights Talls for $15 .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We're one injury away from no longer being legit so I'm not too upset about it lol
I would not go that far.

We saw Wolford last season in the Playoffs & he has improved. The Rams offensive players have improved as well.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We need a fucking exorcist, a medicine man, a guru, a shamen, hell, get some sage burning hippies too.

If the Rams have offended the Football Gods, they need to sort that shit out and in a hurry.
cerrano.png

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bad news. Stafford hit his thumb on AD helmet. They immediately pulled him out. McVay upset with defense 1’s
Wow- the minute someone post it. It happens.Funny how that works.

SJ69 as a rookie tackled Goff late.It was like WTF. I’m not sure who did it,but that is the a reason why putting on Pads is not all that great of a thing. The Players get hungry & want to hit somebody by nature.
The frustration comes out by taking all those reps & not feeling vindicated.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The football gods are really trying to restore balance and our unlucky football history. We've had about an injury per day average since camp started
Just quoted you about that one INJURY ? Was it you that JINXED IT!

crazy - now can Wolford be a Kurt Warner ?? Remembering having a big bet against Baltimore & The Rams to win the SuperBowl.The rest is history & DV had tears of joy.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
CAMP REPORT DAY 5

This is going to be brief as some things have come up at home that require my attention.

First off, no pics today. Not a good vantage point and the players were standing on the sideline blocking many views.

Met up with @8to12 today! Haven't seen each other in a couple of years. Always good seeing old friends.

Kick off team and return team drills. The kicking team only sent like five players down the field to cover the return man where the receiving team had the full compliment. Needles to say, some nice returns were show cased.
Matt Gay and Austin MacGinnis traded off the kicking duties. Gay consistently sent the ball 5-8 yards deep in the endzone (one exception, fielded at the two). MacGinnis was consistently shorter on the kicks, not one I can remember made it into the endzone.

#30 Calais, #34 Funk and #18 Haydel were the return men. Calais I would say had the edge over Funk who had the edge over Haydel. Calais was good at catching and securing the ball then was smooth in his runbacks with some shifty moves. Funk also secured the ball well and his speed was evident along with his ability to change direction. Haydel seems like a long strider but once up to speed he is fast. His hands were good, like the others but he just didn't seem to have the moves to change direction or make players miss him.

11x11 showcased both QB's (#9 and #13) throwing some real nice passes. For the better part of the session, both were throwing where only the receiver could catch it. The first bad throw came from Stafford. Henderson snuck out of the backfield and angled towards the left sideline. Stafford overthrew him badly. Hendo was wide open. I don't think anyone could have caught that ball.

There were two interceptions, first by Ramsey and then by Orr. Both thrown by Wolford. This was after Stafford hurt his thumb and was pulled from practice. That whole sequence after Stafford went out was horrible for Wolford, He let a clean snap from shotgun get by him then made a desperate throw to a covered receiver. Not a smart play.

#81 Skow was getting some serious opportunities today and he made the best of it. That kid is tall! #12 Jefferson also showed his skills, catching everything thrown his way, unless it was batted away. I also think he was the victim of a rather rough push to the ground/out of bounds by Ramsey.

As far as running backs, Henderson, Jones, Calais and Funk all got some reps. My feeling is Jones is not going to make it. He seems to get swallowed up by the defense. Henderson although a veteran, didn't seem like the type to carry the load as the featured back. Not big enough to take the beatings of an every down back. Calais could use some fine tuning of finding the hole and should be okay. Funk is my favorite. Just love watching him with the ball in his hands. If he is placed on the practice squad, he won't last there. Heck, he may not clear waivers! We've got to hang on to him.

Speaking of hanging on to players. I would wager one million ROD bucks (if I had them) that when it comes down to cutting players, more players will be pick up by other teams than not. Let me say it this way, all of our wide receivers and tight ends have a place in the NFL. We just can't accommodate them all! The ones cut will be picked up. With the exception of special teams players (kicker and punters), those guys may not find a new home. But then again, Sam Ficken just signed and new deal so anything is possible. Defensive players are also all very good! Many of our cuts will be picked up by other teams. We are just loaded with talent!

I must go now, maybe I'll remember more later and will add to this thread.

take care

VRF

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got there just as they were coming out. Stood and watched guys fielding from the punt machine, Landon Akers, Ray Calais, Otis Anderson, Jerimiah Haydel. No run backs, just fielding. (Runbacks later). all fielded OK, Calais stil looks the most comfortable, never bobbles. What was different they set the punt machine to rip off six straight punt so they only had second to filed each. then the had to catch six straight, keeping each one til they had all six in their hands. Calais was the only one who caught all six til he had them all without dropping any! Petty cool.

My rankings after watching these guys for 5 days, Calais, Heydal, Anderson, Akers.

Made my way over to the south stands, met VeteranRamFan and had our obligatory beer (Corona).

Special teams kickoff drill. Finally get to see some actual kickoffs and returns. Calais was first taking a Matt Gay kickoff, very nice fielding the ball then tucking it and taking off. Akers, Haydel, Anderson and funk all fielded kickoffs.

Calais looks ahead IMHO. Funk did a nice job at it too, showed off his speed. Other guys didn't really impress me.

VFR is all smiles, Aaron Donald waved at him.

LB's going through a drill bouncing a big green ball.

Noticed Terrell Lewis with a big knee-brace on his left knee. Brian Allen with one on his right knee.

Now all different position groups spread out over two fields. about 20 min of different drills
and being coached up. Waiting for 11 on 11.

11 on 11's. Same players starting for ones OL, with Brian Allen subbing in and getting snaps at C. Two same OL, Noteboom LT, shelton LG, Allen C, (though allen took snaps with the ones, Corbett never took snaps with the twos), Brewer RG, Demby and Anchrum took turns at RT.

Eric Banks, Gaines.Marquis Copeland, Michel Hocht, Earnie BrownIV all got 2nd team reps at DT.

Not going to list all the plays, just some that stood out. DeJax made a good rec from the slot going over the middle. they do this in real games, DJax is so fast and Stafford gets it out so quick I can;t see how to defend it.

Demby gets beat and Wolford has to duck out.

Stafford drops a dime to Bobby Woods.

Henderson several runs, two I saw up the middle, both left and right runs.

Funk in with the ones for several plays.

Stafford with a pass way over Henderson.

Jefferson with several targets, He had a very good day today.

Kupp as always makes it look easy catching everthing.

Jones several carries, nothing spectacular today.

Skowornik, Blanton with some nice catches.

Woods another nice catch.

Calais with 3 handoffs in a row with 2nd team.

Now running hurry up offense rushing to line to get 2nd play off quickly. they didm't look too good doing this. First time with hurry up so I'm not surprised it was sloppy.

Stafford hits his thumb on a helmet and he;s out. Not taking him to the locker room so maybe its not that bad.

Rams are screwed if Stafford is out for a long time. Wolford is OK, but nowhere near the calibur Stafford is.

My biggest takeaways from 5 days of practice in shorts and shells.

Stafford is VERY good. WR's are VERY good. WR room is loaded with talent.

Brycen Hopkins does not look to be trying too hard. He stand by himself on the sideline alot.

They started switching Demby and Anchrum at RT for the 2nd team.

Allen was taking snaps at C with the first team the last 2 practices.

DeSean Jackson is probably the fastest man on the team and is going to make a HUGE difference. He's all smiles and looks like he's having fun Jiving with ramsey and the D.

Woods, Kupp, Jefferson, both Jacksons all seem to have it dialed in with Stafford.

Calais is way ahead as return man.

Higbee looks to be in good form.

OK folks, finally pads tomorrow.