CAMP REPORT Camp Report Day 4: Sat July 31

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How many ROD Credits does it cost to change your screen name? Just asking for my friends in Kansas
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dings and bruises coming real early this year. Better now than during the season but we're having a whole bunch of guys banged up already.

Psycho_X

Legend
We have a ton of really exciting rookies to talk about and be excited to watch this training camp and preseason.... annnnnd they're all injured.

oldnotdead

Legend
That's really bad for Rochell. But it might not keep him from playing this year. He got a ton of work in OTAs and looked really good prior to this. I could see from his film that he wasn't as raw as people kept saying. Yeah he has a lot to learn but what rookie doesn't. This guy is really special and teams that passed on him will forever regret it.

This note about Harris taking a pass from Stafford is a huge tipoff. This kid is going to play this year. Harris and Rochell both look like future Ram stars. It IMO shows in McVay's mind Harris is the #2 TE right now. Hopkins is going to make the roster and Blanton whom I liked as a rookie will make the PS as a protected player IMO. Why? Because this is Higbee's last Ram contract. In 2024 he will be a FA if he's still on the roster. Blanton has shown marked improvement since 2019 and if his blocking also has improved he could be the next Mundt. The current Mundt ain't making this roster if they carry 3 TEs as they normally do.

With Higbee, Harris and Hopkins they have 3 very good TEs.

IMO how Xavier Jones looks in preseason will determine if he makes this roster. IMO how they are using Funk with the ones is indicative of them feeling he might be a better #2 RB option due to his speed. Jones lacks breakaway speed so the offense is downgraded when he's on the field. He will get run down on a play that would be a TD with Funk or Calais. How much difference does that speed make? If you saw how DK Metcalf run a DB down from behind after an INT that's what the difference is between Funk or Calais vs Jones as both of the formers have Metcalf's kind of speed.

The Rams are fast on both sides of the ball and IMO that is the premium that Snead and McVay have put on building this roster. They have a choice between Jones with average speed or Calais who timed in the 4.3 range. IMO that speed difference is huge. Jones isn't a tackle breaker, he never has been and the first hit is usually enough. For a RB yards after first contact is a big stat.

Regardless I feel good about the RBs the Rams currently have. As I do about their current OL which could be the best they have had in years.