Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Chargers would be best. That way, he couldn't go off on us later this season.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
BREAKING: Rams have added a trade "sweetener" for any team willing to take on Cam:

IMG_1142.jpeg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Irregardless of why Akers isn't on the Rams roster anymore, losing a capable veteran RB is still a loss that concerns me. KW can't be expected to carry this workload and survive the season, let alone perform like he has while feeling fresh after a whole year of not playing.
The season is long and most 1st year players will hit a wall by the time November rolls around. Theres no substitute for experience and a couple years of an NFL caliber S&C program.

Cutting - or ideally, trading CA - is a move to make our locker room better, but I don't believe we should ignore that it doesn't help us on Sundays. Our team culture might be healthier without him, but our RB depth isn't.

With this current O-line, with Stafford and his aerial performers able to keep the whole field in play, keeping defenses honest, a legit proven threat at RB could/should result in the most productive Offense we've seen under McVay.

Lastly, a motivated Akers can be a good back. Not great, but effective and productive. I won't be surprised to see him playing very well for some team this season. I just hope that if he does play up to his ability elsewhere, KW and Co stay healthy and productive through the end of the season. I don't believe quality RBs are a dime a dozen. The really good ones still make a huge impact. I wouldn't want to trade away our 1st rounder.... but I would love it if they added a true threat to the room and allowed KW to stay fresh.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I agree that it's 'time to go' and the Rams have 'to move on'. However, I don't think wish him the 'Best of Luck.'

A football season is long, tough and filled with challenges. Coaches and players need to mentally tough to minimize the challenges and push through them as quickly as possible. Remember the win-less November in the Championship Season.

Last year was brutal, and probably lost early-on but Akers' issues (whatever they were) just made things worse.

This year, the Rams have a great first week and Akers gets 22 touches but, once again, he is a negative story.

I would love to better understand the exact specifics of these "Issues" but, without clarity, I'm not giving Akers the benefit of a doubt here. Not wishing him poorly but, also, not wishing him well/luck.
To be clear, the "best of luck" was just nice speak. Fuck em

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did our rookie back, Mr. Evans have temperament issues in college. Could the Rams be sending a message his way to see how he reacts? By most accounts he is very talented and could become a valuable asset.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Irregardless of why Akers isn't on the Rams roster anymore, losing a capable veteran RB is still a loss that concerns me. KW can't be expected to carry this workload and survive the season, let alone perform like he has while feeling fresh after a whole year of not playing.
Agreed. Which is why Akers can go fuck himself. It was finally looking like we had a couple guys in the backfield and Akers has to have a bitch fit. I am done with that MFer. Hope he ends up on the fucking bench in Minnesota.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Agreed. Which is why Akers can go fuck himself. It was finally looking like we had a couple guys in the backfield and Akers has to have a bitch fit. I am done with that MFer. Hope he ends up on the fucking bench in Minnesota.
Yeah I figure O'Connell might pick up Akers because he knows him. Then again he might not because he knows him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, it is referred to as addition by subtraction. If the Rams are 2&1 after Sunday nobody will complain.
Yeah dude I’m good no matter what. Getting rid of the distraction should be priority here.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
beat up will ferrell GIF

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am a little pissed at Akers.

This same whole deal last year soured me. All offseason I wanted an upgrade.

But as we got closer to the season he looked bulked up. He worked hard. I started believing in him again. Openly selling that belief here.

Then...

Key And Peele Reaction GIF