Cam Akers had a monster game.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Rams gonna ride them fresh legs in this here playoffs. Giddyup!

Ipb3.gif
OMG! My girls loved that movie and repeat that scene ad nauseum.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Cam is the top prospect to replace primetime Todd Gurley. He needs to improve his pass blocking so he can play on critical 3rd downs when we will probably have to toss the rock, and Jared needs a solid pass-blocking RB. In due time Sean will allow Can to execute an RPO and shock the hell out of any defense not expecting it.
next week would work for me for Cam’s breakout as a passer.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not me. I called him the closest thing to Faulk we’ve had and that folks would love him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am also pretty drunk (jd and Basil & Hayden's whiskey) but that dude is a bad mother fucker. I'm glad I don't remember that many rushing yards. It means consistency rather than big hits and misses.

yep. remember priest holmes? i never saw him make that many big runs but man could he churn out the 6, 7 and 8 yards runs like there was no tomorrow. that's what i love the most about akers, he almost always makes positive yardage. if there's nothing there he'll make 2 or 3 yards. if there's a little something there it will be 7 or 8 yards. give him a hole and it's goodbye for at least 20 yards.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Remember everyone freaking out over picking him in April???
I remember that I was freaking out in a good way because I thought Akers was going to be a star in the NFL and some team would see it in him and grab him before the Rams could.
Akers is a natural.

TexasRam

Legend
Mcvay really needs to get Akers heavily involved in the pass game now. Dump offs, delayed routes, in the flats etc.

This is our path to the Super Bowl.

This is the way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pure Gold! @SeminoleRam made no bones about this Cat!!

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Pure Gold! @SeminoleRam made no bones about this Cat!!

Thanks dieterbrock! In over 50 years of being a Rams Fan, Akers might be the only Rams Pick that I might have ever gotten right!

Last edited:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Young Man made some very nice runs. Imho he's looking better everyday.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My only concern with Cam is he gets banged up a lot. Nearly every game he’s had to come out because of a bump or bruise. Otherwise he should continue our great run of RBs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The weird thing is I don't remember that many rushing yards, I must have missed some big runs. I was stunned when i saw the final numbers. I remember the big catch and run but don't at all remember him running for 131.

I am also pretty drunk (jd and Basil & Hayden's whiskey) but that dude is a bad mother fucker. I'm glad I don't remember that many rushing yards. It means consistency rather than big hits and misses.

I don't think he had any real long runs. His biggest gain was that short pass from Jarrod when it looked like a busted play. That doesn't count against his total rushing, despite being a great run after catch.

Rams gonna ride them fresh legs in this here playoffs. Giddyup!

Ipb3.gif

I'm worried that his legs aren't that fresh. He took himself out of the game. I wish we had Henderson. I like the rbs by committee, but would prefer they had someone with a little more size and durability in the mix. I know Brown is supposed to be that guy but I think this is his first injury free season.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
My only concern with Cam is he gets banged up a lot. Nearly every game he’s had to come out because of a bump or bruise. Otherwise he should continue our great run of RBs.

He's still a floppy eared puppy out there. A proper (non COVID) off-season with the strength and conditioning crew will do wonders for him.