Cam Akers had a monster game.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He does run to contact and takes some serious hits. But the good thing is he wasn't featured heavily due to being dinged up this year which might help him out there over the next few games assuming we can survive them.

They fed him in college and he played through dings while avoiding major injury. So I'm not too worried about the injuries so far. The only thing that worries me about Akers is that we need him. If he does get hurt our playoff run is over. His presence in the lineup changes our offense. So I hope he can stay healthy and I am with you on that concern.

Btw what's the deal with Hendy I forget. Is he done for the year or is there a chance we can get him back.

IR from I think a high ankle sprain.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This guy is basically our title hopes. IMO. If he can stay healthy and keep doing what he just did I think this team has enough to get it done.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should be a lot better next year after he learns to block and they use him in the pass game more.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Henderson can return to active IF the Rams can manage to get to the NFC Championship game.
I like the idea of that. Getting there and then adding more speed to the backfield. Hope that's how things go down.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Btw what's the deal with Hendy I forget. Is he done for the year or is there a chance we can get him back.

So much for the running back by committee strategy. While I believe McVay will continue to use a second back in order to keep Akers fresh... I think Akers has become the bell cow running back.

jap

Legend
So much for the running back by committee strategy. While I believe McVay will continue to use a second back in order to keep Akers fresh... I think Akers has become the bell cow running back.

We will still be doing the RB by committee thing. However, with those committees someone always tends tp emerge as the dominant ball carrier with the other RBs taking roles as complementary pieces who are employed according to their skill strengths & weaknesses.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
It's funny isn't it, that the Rams' two most complete games this season have both been behind Akers having big days. When that kid goes off all of a sudden the Rams look like a juggernaut.

Akers is the man.

The running game working, and McVay sticking with it, are the key to the Rams' offense and their playoff chances. That's what sets up the passing game.

We know what the D will do.

TexasRam

Legend
I said it before his last 2 monster games. He has some Emmitt Smith in him. They are close to the same size and skill set.
yea Akers an inch taller but they are both 216. I do see some simarities with the one cut running. Their cuts are lightning fast and explosive. They both get to the second gear extremely quick but neither has that Gurley 3rd gear. Both have good vision for the cutback lane, Smith's double moves were a little more effective from what i can remember.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
yea Akers an inch taller but they are both 216. I do see some simarities with the one cut running. Their cuts are lightning fast and explosive. They both get to the second gear extremely quick but neither has that Gurley 3rd gear. Both have good vision for the cutback lane, Smith's double moves were a little more effective from what i can remember.

Yep - there is truth to it.Said right away as well as against NE.

Emmitt was bigger than Tony Dorset & a better RB.Excellent back in his time when a RB shelf live was less than 5 years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just adding because I get into long rants.Gurley is Gurley was & not a Ram anymore.Should’ve never been signed to that contract point & case of 5 years & bad knee.
Why are RB’s passed up on in the draft? I like D. Henderson,but think Mcvay twisted Les Sneads arm and made home trade up to get him.Live the way he goes up & down the draft board. D.Henderson will be a good RB,Malcom Brown is a work horse who Les Snead found after the draft.Just like Johnny Hekker who of course is not a RB,but has completed a couple passes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Like I said about my rants.

2 names come to MIND as well with Cam Aykers.

1.Fred Taylor came out his jr year from Florida.He was built a little better though.

Have to add D.Cook because he was one of my guys. Les Snead had a different approach back then as well.

2. Warwick Dunn who came out of Fl. St. As well after his senior year.Just a solid RB that was a winner & Aykers has that toughness.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m a bit of a draft-nik & I love value in RB’s. Have to add a guy like T.Lewis because I love the value of a OLB.

Sproles,Darren(add Lockett) K-St.

Maurice Drew (Jones)
Born to Sidney Gayles and Andrea Drew, Jones-Drew was raised by his maternal grandparents, Maurice and Christina Jones. At the height of his college career in 2005, his grandfather suffered a heart attack while walking into the Rose Bowl to see Jones-Drew play against Rice University on September 10, 2006. Coach Dorrell broke the news to Drew on the sideline during the game, and he ran to the locker room and left to go to the hospital. To honor the man who raised him, he had his entire legal surname affixed to his jersey, making him "Maurice Jones-Drew."[44][45][46]

Jones-Drew is a father of three with two sons (Maurice II and Madden) and one daughter (Alayah). He is married to Ashley Jones-Drew (2012–present)[47] He is also a cousin of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety T. J. Ward.