CAMP REPORT bubba's 5 Aug TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In contention for MR53 remaining OL position

OT-Arcuri
OG/OT/OC-Brewer
OC/OG-Kolone
OT-Pircher
OT/OG/OC-Snyder
OT-Ealy
RT-Evans
Have to figure Brewer makes the most sense for that 9th OL slot, just based on flexibility alone. Question is whether they keep a 10th or simply cut and resign Arcuri or Pircher and PS him.

Though of course showing well in preseason might happen for one or two of these depth types and complicate things. :laugh3:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Have to figure Brewer makes the most sense for that 9th OL slot, just based on flexibility alone. Question is whether they keep a 10th or simply cut and resign Arcuri or Pircher and PS him.

Though of course showing well in preseason might happen for one or two of these depth types and complicate things. :laugh3:
Havenstein is in his last year. With how well he's performed, it will not be cheap to keep him. May be wise to take more than one shot on a guy to develop to possibly replace him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

My Random thoughts on Brewer's chances......

Swing top Reserve OG/OT Tremayne Anchrum can easily play RT/LG/LT/RG, so the 4th OT could be shared with Anchrum & an IOL'er like Brewer.

Carberry has been working Brewer inside in comparison to what the previous OL coach worked him (Swing OT)....Brewer's feet are heavy & is a very large big OL'er. Carberry needs Interior OL'ers & even been providing reps @ center for Brewer where Carberry needs a 3rd OC somewhere in his OL roster since it trending 2nd OC will be his starting RG.

Brewer has been lurking around Ram since 2019, that's a lot of time with this organization. Brewer is well known. Having a OL'er who has been here with the McVay offense since 2019 & has taken reps @ all five OL positions is something of a freak.

AJ Arcuri will have some pressure on him due to the above plus the fact that Versatile Rookie Snyder was a 5 yr starting college LT could also diminish (one post) Arcuri's chances too..... if UDFA Rookie Snyder gets going good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AJ Arcuri will have some pressure on him due to the above plus the fact that Versatile Rookie Snyder was a 5 yr starting college LT could also diminish (one post) Arcuri's chances too..... if UDFA Rookie Snyder gets going good.
No doubt. I feel like the depth slots are up for grabs this year too btw. Everything but backup Center where Shelton probably has it locked down. First guard off the bench should be up for the taking. Same thing with OT, with Boom vacating that role.

I can't wait for the preseason games to look at all these guys, we're in for some great preseason OL conversations this year Vernon! :clinkingbeer:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My Random thoughts on Brewer's chances......

Swing top Reserve OG/OT Tremayne Anchrum can easily play RT/LG/LT/RG, so the 4th OT could be shared with Anchrum & an IOL'er like Brewer.

Carberry has been working Brewer inside in comparison to what the previous OL coach worked him (Swing OT)....Brewer's feet are heavy & is a very large big OL'er. Carberry needs Interior OL'ers & even been providing reps @ center for Brewer where Carberry needs a 3rd OC somewhere in his OL roster since it trending 2nd OC will be his starting RG.

Brewer has been lurking around Ram since 2019, that's a lot of time with this organization. Brewer is well known. Having a OL'er who has been here with the McVay offense since 2019 & has taken reps @ all five OL positions is something of a freak.

From the get-go I kinda assumed that Jack Snyder would be groomed as our Center #3, and placed on the Practice Squad for 2022. If he cuts it, he'd replace Kolone, someone who has shown little and will turn 28 years old by the start of the season.
While it looks like we may have struck gold last season with AJ Jackson, I'd be hard pressed to believe lightning will strike twice in consecutive seasons with AJ Arcuri, so my first guess is that he'll compete for a swing OT role and also take a position on our Practice Squad this season.
The pre-season competition I'm most interested in watching for at OT is between Max Pircher, Adrian Ealy, AJ Arcuri and perhaps some Chandler Brewer again. We have seen little from Pircher & Ealy in the past, so it should be fun to see what we've got here, if anything. With Havenstein potentially hitting free agency next year, developing his successor at RT now seems important.
Coleman Shelton would absolutely have to run-away from the competition to nail down the starting RG job imo, he's just too valuable as our back-up Center to risk him to injury, ... anyway, Logan Bruss will keep it close for now and as expected will be named as our newest OL starter, a position he was to be groomed for from the day he was drafted. I suspect that Tremayne Anchrum, Shelton & Brewer will battle for first man up as swing OG's. With Edwards also likely entering free agency next year, like at RT, we'll be wanting to develop a potential successor at LG.

If I had to put together a 53 roster for our OL today, it would likely look something like this :

LT) Noteboom, AJ Jackson
LG) Edwards, Shelton
C) Allen, Shelton
RG) Bruss, Anchrum
RT) Havenstein, (Pircher, Ealy or Brewer)

Kolone & Evans will be dismissed.

AJ Arcuri & Jack Snyder will become our newest OL Practice Squad players.

The Rams will draft fairly high once again next year an OG/OT type.

jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While it looks like we may have struck gold last season with AJ Jackson, I'd be hard pressed to believe lightning will strike twice in consecutive seasons with AJ Arcuri, so my first guess is that he'll compete for a swing OT role and also take a position on our Practice Squad this season.
What's interesting here River is that the Rams did have lightning strike twice. Boom was the first D&D LT they succeeded with, and had some rough damn outings early on too but to their cred they stayed the course and he developed. Now granted he still has to produce this year but it looks like a success story.

So Jackson would be the second in that Rams pipeline and tbh he has looked better early on than Boom did. Stronger for one. I think there's a good chance they hit on him, in terms of him taking a role at some point. He might be our RT next year for example.

I am intrigued by Pircher. Realize he's a crazy longshot but the Rams coach well and are patient so maybe he'll turn a corner in these preseason games. Arcuri haven't watched his film really tbh. So I don't know much about these two and figure the preseason games will illuminate all that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's interesting here River is that the Rams did have lightning strike twice. Boom was the first D&D LT they succeeded with, and had some rough damn outings early on too but to their cred they stayed the course and he developed. Now granted he still has to produce this year but it looks like a success story.

he's always looked good at tackle. the guard position didn't sit well with him.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Havenstein is in his last year. With how well he's performed, it will not be cheap to keep him. May be wise to take more than one shot on a guy to develop to possibly replace him.
They'll figure out how to keep Havenstien Demoff/Tony Pastoors are salary cap magicians-gurus.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
They'll figure out how to keep Havenstien Demoff/Tony Pastoors are salary cap magicians-gurus.

Don't hold your breath, ... Havenstein, Edwards, Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Troy Hill, Matt Gay, Darrell Henderson, David Long, Kendall Blanton, among several others will be hitting free agency next year. Consider also that as of today the Rams are $22M over next years CAP. The Rams will re-sign players where the depth behind them is weakest. jmo.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Don't hold your breath, ... Havenstein, Edwards, Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Troy Hill, Matt Gay, Darrell Henderson, David Long, Kendall Blanton, among several others will be hitting free agency next year. Consider also that as of today the Rams are $22M over next years CAP. The Rams will re-sign players where the depth behind them is weakest. jmo.
I hope they resign Greg Gaines--I think Greg Gaines is a potential blue-chip player

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Good day of practice. Hooked up with VRF and Ramball got good seats at north field. AD not dressed, Jacob Harris not dressed but in tank top and shorts working out with trainer on sideline. No sign of Bobby Evans. He wasn't at Monday's practice either. Saturday he played most reps with 2nd team at RT. Something is up with Evans but haven't heard a word from anyone why he's a no show for 2 straight practices. Trade? Injury? McVay's doghouse?

Today was mostly lots of vanilla plays, I'm guessing 50 -60 snaps for almost 2 hours. 1st team O vs 2nd team D, 2nd team O vs 1st team D. Red zone, and hurry up drills mixed in. Some FG and punt snaps. Lots of substitutions, and mixing of OL and DL with just about everyone getting several snaps.

Ol looks to be getting sorted out. Noteboom LT, Edwards LG, Allen C, and it looks like Shelton, who got most of the snaps the last two practices is frontrunner at RG, and of course Havenstien at RT. Where it's not so clear is who are backups at OL. A Jackson and T Anchrum are clearly backup LT and LG, they've both taken majority of snaps there and looked very good. Kolone took most snaps a C 2nd team today, with Snyder and Brewer getting in a few. Acuri and Ealy got majority of snaps at RT with 2nd team and Brewer and Bruss at RG. Looks like the right side of 2nd team OL is far from settled.

With so many snaps today I'm not gonna give any play by play, just some of what we all agreed stood out.

Both starting offense and defense look great and John Wolford really stood out today running the 1st team. He looks confident and his passes were crisp and mostly accurate. Defense held up good against the run (even without AD, Copeland took his place). Floyd and Hollins were and handful, but Noteboom and Havenstien kept the pocket intact. Not to worry folks. Noteboom looks very comfortable and smooth out there, nice footwork and hand placement. Only one to give him trouble is T Lewis. I'll get to him later.

1st team D was pretty dominating today. Wags in the backfield several times, broke up a couple passes. Rochelle with a pick. Drurrant played a lot of snaps with 1st team and had to defend Kupp and Robinson quite a few times. He did pretty good.All I can say about Rams 1st team D is going to be very good.

2nd team D was a lot of mixing up of players. But DE's stayed the same for most of practice. Garrett at LDE and Lewis at RDE got most reps today. Both put good pressure all day. Lewis is impressing. NO brace and he stays out there play after play after play. Both play the run good too.

Later they put 1st team vs 1st team. They really got after it with some hard hitting. Wags got to Wolford on a blitz. Wolford hit Atwell for a deep pass.

Some player notes. Some guys I don't need to say anything, like Akers, Kupp or Henderson, they look great. Robinson is outstanding.

Atwell continuing to get open and catches everything. I'm really liking how he's showing up.

Wolford has taken another step and ran the 1st team O very well today. Good decision making going through his reads quick and threading some passes through tight windows to Kupp, Robinson, Higbee and Atwell.

Perkins was a bit of a dissapointment to me today. If his 1st read isn't there, he runs. Later in the day he threw 2 picks back to back plays. He's not moving ahead of Wolford anytime soon.

Powell is looking better and getting more touches with the 2nd team.

Rose and Ragas finally getting some touches. Calias in the mix.

Kendrick and Durrant getting a lot of work and both look to be ahead of where Rochelle was when he came in as a rookie.

Garrett and Lewis are way ahead of where they were last camp.

Bobby Brown is unmovable at NT, but looks out of shape, 2 or 3 plays and he comes out looking gassed. He has six games to sit out so he has time to get in better shape.

Can't think of anything else. I f I do I'll post here later. Will be at practice tomorrow.
Or Bobby Brown has 6 weeks to get more out of shape.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Or Bobby Brown has 6 weeks to get more out of shape.

fat guy GIF

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I’m agreeing with most everything you’re posting on this page, except maybe they draft a tackle instead of a guard by the end of the 3rd round next year. That will depend, of course, on how all of this year’s crop turn out.

As for your FA list…yeah, bummer, but I just don’t see Havs coming back either. They could probably sign TWO guys on that list for what it will cost for Havs.

Havs, Henderson, ARob, Hill, and Long are all probably gone. The Rams drafted a few DBs and already have Rochelle. They’re hoping some DL depth emerges and I believe they will draft another like BB3 next year. RBs and OL have been SOP when it comes to drafting—as it should be.

I see Blanton having a good year, getting a new deal, and the Rams drafting another TE next year too.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They are. But you never know and if they’ve found a diamond in the rough? Awesome.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No doubt. I feel like the depth slots are up for grabs this year too btw. Everything but backup Center where Shelton probably has it locked down. First guard off the bench should be up for the taking. Same thing with OT, with Boom vacating that role.

I can't wait for the preseason games to look at all these guys, we're in for some great preseason OL conversations this year Vernon! :clinkingbeer:
I share the concerns over the situation of Shelton starting @ RG with the history of the center Brian Allen's injury saga. This is an issue. Noteboom is in the same ongoing saga too. Alaric Jackson should be on a 24 hrs/7 days a week stand-by all season.

My ideal preference is for top draft selection Logan Bruss to start next to Havenstein & get groomed under heavy action early by Hav. Shelton being the top game-day OL reliever is vital for this 2022 OL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
From the get-go I kinda assumed that Jack Snyder would be groomed as our Center #3, and placed on the Practice Squad for 2022. If he cuts it, he'd replace Kolone, someone who has shown little and will turn 28 years old by the start of the season.
The pre-season competition I'm most interested in watching for at OT is between Max Pircher, Adrian Ealy, AJ Arcuri and perhaps some Chandler Brewer again. We have seen little from Pircher & Ealy in the past, so it should be fun to see what we've got here, if anything. With Havenstein potentially hitting free agency next year, developing his successor at RT now seems important.
Coleman Shelton would absolutely have to run-away from the competition to nail down the starting RG job imo, he's just too valuable as our back-up Center to risk him to injury, ... anyway, Logan Bruss will keep it close for now and as expected will be named as our newest OL starter, a position he was to be groomed for from the day he was drafted. I suspect that Tremayne Anchrum, Shelton & Brewer will battle for first man up as swing OG's. With Edwards also likely entering free agency next year, like at RT, we'll be wanting to develop a potential successor at LG.

If I had to put together a 53 roster for our OL today, it would likely look something like this :

LT) Noteboom, AJ Jackson
LG) Edwards, Shelton
C) Allen, Shelton
RG) Bruss, Anchrum
RT) Havenstein, (Pircher, Ealy or Brewer)

Kolone & Evans will be dismissed.

AJ Arcuri & Jack Snyder will become our newest OL Practice Squad players.

The Rams will draft fairly high once again next year an OG/OT type.

jmo.
Looks good. I project the lineup a bit different....9 OL'ers on MR53.

LT-Noteboom/ Jackson
LG-Edwards/ Anchrum
OC-Allen/ Shelton
RG-Bruss/ Shelton/ Anchrum
RT- Havenstein/ Anchrum/ Arcuri

I see Carberry going with just two OL'ers on game day active (Shelton/Anchrum). With Anchrum being finally healthy he can be the emergency plug in four OL posts. Alaric Jackson might slide in to be active if Noteboom catches the injury bug once again. Anchrum is much more versatile than Jackson.

PS- OT-Pircher, OG Brewer, OC Snyder

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Looks good. I project the lineup a bit different....9 OL'ers on MR53.

LT-Noteboom/ Jackson
LG-Edwards/ Anchrum
OC-Allen/ Shelton
RG-Bruss/ Shelton/ Anchrum
RT- Havenstein/ Anchrum/ Arcuri

I see Carberry going with just two OL'ers on game day active (Shelton/Anchrum). With Anchrum being finally healthy he can be the emergency plug in four OL posts. Alaric Jackson might slide in to be active if Noteboom catches the injury bug once again. Anchrum is much more versatile than Jackson.

PS- OT-Pircher, OG Brewer, OC Snyder

May the very best players win those roster spots ...