CAMP REPORT bubba's 5 Aug TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good day of practice. Hooked up with VRF and Ramball got good seats at north field. AD not dressed, Jacob Harris not dressed but in tank top and shorts working out with trainer on sideline. No sign of Bobby Evans. He wasn't at Monday's practice either. Saturday he played most reps with 2nd team at RT. Something is up with Evans but haven't heard a word from anyone why he's a no show for 2 straight practices. Trade? Injury? McVay's doghouse?

Today was mostly lots of vanilla plays, I'm guessing 50 -60 snaps for almost 2 hours. 1st team O vs 2nd team D, 2nd team O vs 1st team D. Red zone, and hurry up drills mixed in. Some FG and punt snaps. Lots of substitutions, and mixing of OL and DL with just about everyone getting several snaps.

Ol looks to be getting sorted out. Noteboom LT, Edwards LG, Allen C, and it looks like Shelton, who got most of the snaps the last two practices is frontrunner at RG, and of course Havenstien at RT. Where it's not so clear is who are backups at OL. A Jackson and T Anchrum are clearly backup LT and LG, they've both taken majority of snaps there and looked very good. Kolone took most snaps a C 2nd team today, with Snyder and Brewer getting in a few. Acuri and Ealy got majority of snaps at RT with 2nd team and Brewer and Bruss at RG. Looks like the right side of 2nd team OL is far from settled.

With so many snaps today I'm not gonna give any play by play, just some of what we all agreed stood out.

Both starting offense and defense look great and John Wolford really stood out today running the 1st team. He looks confident and his passes were crisp and mostly accurate. Defense held up good against the run (even without AD, Copeland took his place). Floyd and Hollins were and handful, but Noteboom and Havenstien kept the pocket intact. Not to worry folks. Noteboom looks very comfortable and smooth out there, nice footwork and hand placement. Only one to give him trouble is T Lewis. I'll get to him later.

1st team D was pretty dominating today. Wags in the backfield several times, broke up a couple passes. Rochelle with a pick. Drurrant played a lot of snaps with 1st team and had to defend Kupp and Robinson quite a few times. He did pretty good.All I can say about Rams 1st team D is going to be very good.

2nd team D was a lot of mixing up of players. But DE's stayed the same for most of practice. Garrett at LDE and Lewis at RDE got most reps today. Both put good pressure all day. Lewis is impressing. NO brace and he stays out there play after play after play. Both play the run good too.

Later they put 1st team vs 1st team. They really got after it with some hard hitting. Wags got to Wolford on a blitz. Wolford hit Atwell for a deep pass.

Some player notes. Some guys I don't need to say anything, like Akers, Kupp or Henderson, they look great. Robinson is outstanding.

Atwell continuing to get open and catches everything. I'm really liking how he's showing up.

Wolford has taken another step and ran the 1st team O very well today. Good decision making going through his reads quick and threading some passes through tight windows to Kupp, Robinson, Higbee and Atwell.

Perkins was a bit of a dissapointment to me today. If his 1st read isn't there, he runs. Later in the day he threw 2 picks back to back plays. He's not moving ahead of Wolford anytime soon.

Powell is looking better and getting more touches with the 2nd team.

Rose and Ragas finally getting some touches. Calias in the mix.

Kendrick and Durrant getting a lot of work and both look to be ahead of where Rochelle was when he came in as a rookie.

Garrett and Lewis are way ahead of where they were last camp.

Bobby Brown is unmovable at NT, but looks out of shape, 2 or 3 plays and he comes out looking gassed. He has six games to sit out so he has time to get in better shape.

Can't think of anything else. I f I do I'll post here later. Will be at practice tomorrow.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lot of really good intel in there Bubba thanks as always. :clinkingbeer:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can you imagine if Lewis has a great season? I'm afraid to even get hopeful, don't want to tempt fate but damn it's good to hear that he's logging snaps. Just that will mean good things.

Atwell showing well feels good. Really bodes well for the offense.

I think Perkins might find himself on the bubble so sharpen up your shit young QB. And B Brown getting winded is a bad sign. Yeah there's time but just the fact he didn't come in ready to go in today's league and on the World Champion LA Rams... Not good. Hope he turns to.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Interesting info about Evans not being present, although I pretty much thought he might get cut eventually anyway.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Awesome report, as usual. Love these so much.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Can you imagine if Lewis has a great season? I'm afraid to even get hopeful, don't want to tempt fate but damn it's good to hear that he's logging snaps. Just that will mean good things.

I think Perkins might find himself on the bubble so sharpen up your shit young QB. And B Brown getting winded is a bad sign. Yeah there's time but just the fact he didn't come in ready to go in today's league and on the World Champion LA Rams... Not good. Hope he turns to.
Dude is on PEDs and still isn't in shape? That's rough.

socalmab

UDFA
Only thing that worries me about T Lewis is that we wont be able to afford him if he is 100%, we got him where we got him in the draft strictly due to medical. Not wishing anything but success for him but hope we can keep him at a discount if he is 100%

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great report @bubbaramfan and same goes for @VeteranRamFan

One of the things I really like is that we're seeing it through your eyes that were there in previous camps. So we're getting your perspective on how different things/players are playing out at camp compared to before.

Thanks for these.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I said on another thread… when I think about what this defense will be, I really don’t factor in Terrel Lewis. I just wouldn’t count on him.

That being said… he would be a big factor if he stays on the field.

Not happy about Brown being gassed. Happy to hear he’s that strong.

sloramfan

Starter
can't thank you guys enough. bubba and vfr...

great insight, love the posts..

truly blessed by truly great rams fans...

geeze, can't wait for tomorrows stuff...

go rams

slo

MachS

Hall of Fame
Wags in the backfield several times, broke up a couple passes.
Wags got to Wolford on a blitz
Once we decided to not bring in a vet Edge, I've been speculating that in known passing situations we would probably use Wagz or Ernest as a rusher...and it seems like the answer is Wagz. I bet we see more 2 ILB formations this year with Wagz blitzing a lot which he's terrific at. Great to hear about T Lewis, if he has a big year our defense will be ridiculous.

Atwell continuing to get open and catches everything. I'm really liking how he's showing up.
I'm happy for the dude and hope he keeps it up. Van being out for the next few weeks is perfect for Tutu to continue to learn and take another step. He's got good hands and his speed is undeniable. I hope he keeps working to learn the offense and makes a number of splash plays for us this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good day of practice. Hooked up with VRF and Ramball got good seats at north field. AD not dressed, Jacob Harris not dressed but in tank top and shorts working out with trainer on sideline. No sign of Bobby Evans. He wasn't at Monday's practice either. Saturday he played most reps with 2nd team at RT. Something is up with Evans but haven't heard a word from anyone why he's a no show for 2 straight practices. Trade? Injury? McVay's doghouse?

Today was mostly lots of vanilla plays, I'm guessing 50 -60 snaps for almost 2 hours. 1st team O vs 2nd team D, 2nd team O vs 1st team D. Red zone, and hurry up drills mixed in. Some FG and punt snaps. Lots of substitutions, and mixing of OL and DL with just about everyone getting several snaps.

Ol looks to be getting sorted out. Noteboom LT, Edwards LG, Allen C, and it looks like Shelton, who got most of the snaps the last two practices is frontrunner at RG, and of course Havenstien at RT. Where it's not so clear is who are backups at OL. A Jackson and T Anchrum are clearly backup LT and LG, they've both taken majority of snaps there and looked very good. Kolone took most snaps a C 2nd team today, with Snyder and Brewer getting in a few. Acuri and Ealy got majority of snaps at RT with 2nd team and Brewer and Bruss at RG. Looks like the right side of 2nd team OL is far from settled.

With so many snaps today I'm not gonna give any play by play, just some of what we all agreed stood out.

Both starting offense and defense look great and John Wolford really stood out today running the 1st team. He looks confident and his passes were crisp and mostly accurate. Defense held up good against the run (even without AD, Copeland took his place). Floyd and Hollins were and handful, but Noteboom and Havenstien kept the pocket intact. Not to worry folks. Noteboom looks very comfortable and smooth out there, nice footwork and hand placement. Only one to give him trouble is T Lewis. I'll get to him later.

1st team D was pretty dominating today. Wags in the backfield several times, broke up a couple passes. Rochelle with a pick. Drurrant played a lot of snaps with 1st team and had to defend Kupp and Robinson quite a few times. He did pretty good.All I can say about Rams 1st team D is going to be very good.

2nd team D was a lot of mixing up of players. But DE's stayed the same for most of practice. Garrett at LDE and Lewis at RDE got most reps today. Both put good pressure all day. Lewis is impressing. NO brace and he stays out there play after play after play. Both play the run good too.

Later they put 1st team vs 1st team. They really got after it with some hard hitting. Wags got to Wolford on a blitz. Wolford hit Atwell for a deep pass.

Some player notes. Some guys I don't need to say anything, like Akers, Kupp or Henderson, they look great. Robinson is outstanding.

Wolford has taken another step and ran the 1st team O very well today. Good decision making going through his reads quick and threading some passes through tight windows to Kupp, Robinson, Higbee and Atwell.

Perkins was a bit of a dissapointment to me today. If his 1st read isn't there, he runs. Later in the day he threw 2 picks back to back plays. He's not moving ahead of Wolford anytime soon.

Powell is looking better and getting more touches with the 2nd team.

Rose and Ragas finally getting some touches. Calias in the mix.

Kendrick and Durrant getting a lot of work and both look to be ahead of where Rochelle was when he came in as a rookie.

Garrett and Lewis are way ahead of where they were last camp.

Bobby Brown is unmovable at NT, but looks out of shape, 2 or 3 plays and he comes out looking gassed. He has six games to sit out so he has time to get in better shape.

Can't think of anything else. I f I do I'll post here later. Will be at practice tomorrow.
Great Stuff Bubba, I had some different takes than you,but must have been at a different a different angle.

I moved around & my GF made me sort of stop running around.I really was more of a defensive guy. I didn’t see some of the things you saw though which is cool & shows I’m not as on top of it as you.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Have to LMAO of your negative post over the season at times. I know I get there as well,but really try to look at the positives.
Last season Atwell was basically not at training camp much.I questioned him early but ate crow & told myself I would never question him again.

I went to my first training camp today.I do talk (yell) at players.I got on Tutu a little on special teams for not running hard.He did run hard on another PR though. Said something & Mcvay was by him when he was hustling back & gave him a fist bump.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
T. Lewis is a Big Man. I’ve always called him a baby Hue.I Trust in Reggie so those injury issue get taken care of. The Rams have the best trainers in The NFL if you ask me ?
Reggie came to The Rams when Spags was coaching(I believe?) & has only gotten better.
He put the training facilities together when The Rams moved from
St. Louis. I won’t EVER question him. Even though that time with Case against Baltimore got me.That loss cost me a lot of dinero’s in vegas.

By the way T. Lewis to me is a DAWG (king). Justin Hollins is a Big Man!! I was like damn he is big.Football Player though with cleats are intimidating. He was without his helmet & pads though so a big guy.
-That to me puts things in more of a perspective.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting info about Evans not being present, although I pretty much thought he might get cut eventually anyway.

Didn’t notice that until posted here by BubbaRam. Not trying to blow up his post,but add to it.There is so much going on it’s hard to see everything. My first camp today(2022) so names & numbers don’t pop as easy & my mind has been totally elsewhere these last 2 weeks.

My take is it could be personal. Mcvay (Rams,Demoff,Snead) runs a tight ship
so I’ve been blown away over the Years on some of the moves & trades.

I will add I did not notice RR31 so it shows I must have been on another field than Bubba during a split squad ? I was on the near side when there was a far side 1’s vs 2’s ????

I think Durant must have been over there as well ? I’m not sure so that is my guess.

Hopkins 88? I didn’t notice him as well? I have my thing I do & stay away from the crew.Just me being me as a Ram(sports fan).

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Only thing that worries me about T Lewis is that we wont be able to afford him if he is 100%, we got him where we got him in the draft strictly due to medical. Not wishing anything but success for him but hope we can keep him at a discount if he is 100%

That would be a luxury problem.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dude is on PEDs and still isn't in shape? That's rough.

I’m guessing your talking about BB95? Bubba reporting that Bobby Brown can’t be moved is HUGE NEWS.

We can ALL judge. I love to talk crap & I love to encourage. Bobby Brown was running off the field hurt. Was digging deep.Feeling a little sorry for himself. Thought DUDE you need to keep grinding.

IMO he is working through some kind of nagging injury that he is trying to push through. This type of posting is what I HATE & defend. Only because when I see something I say something. We are Ram Fans at the end of the day. R.E.S.p.E.c.t to all posters here. I’m just saying & going off in my weird way.

Eric Henderson is my Favorite (one of) Rams position coaches. He works his players hard.

Bobby Brown impressed me with his Toughness,so with Bubba’s report makes me even higher on him.
There was a run towards me(stands) & I think it was Akers. Once a play is over,it’s over imo. Of course players run it out after words when there is no tackling & they play to the whistle.

Here was Bobby Brown by himself taking a knee & catching his breathe & clearing his mind. I thought he was DONE & being a little of a WUSSY?
Akers took the ball to his right & Bobby Brown was backin on a rotation. He clears the RG & slips into the backfield. He had a 5 yard loss & ran 5 yards out of bounds in the heat hurting towards the end of practice.Still giving it everything he had. I don’t see those plays in a game,let a line in a practice? Maybe exaggeration a little,but impressive known the least.

So any one that wants to talk bad about Booby. Go ahead. I’m just saying he is 320 pounds & only 22 years old if that right now? The PED thing imo is actually a good thing.

Call me crazy because I am,but I look at things from a half/full guy. Always have as a Ling Time Rams Fan.

Some of us Fans have been through it all & every team is .500. A new season & has a chance to win the SuperBowl or at least make the playoffs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well that was always my hope with
Joesph Noteboom. He was mentored right.

That is what I really love about(Mcvay) The Rams right now. The players take ownership in TEAM.

When that time comes it comes.Enjoy the player as long as you can.AD99 has about 2 to 3 more seasons left as an example.

Heard Mcvay’s interview yesterday. Told him why he should stay coaching or what his goals should be.

Best Ever & HOF. Family History.

Money ??? It will always be there if he wants & stays true to his character.

The Rams Franchise is okay no matter what right now though.